Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26377603 -

What did you case it with? That looks weird.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26378470 -

Asura said:
What did you case it with? That looks weird.



It was a brick of sphagnum peat moss, like this one:

https://www.amazon.de/Lucky-Reptile-SM-100-Sphagnum-Terrarienmoos/dp/B001KRDKW2/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=sphagnum+moos&qid=1576235010&sr=8-1

It seems that in Europe it's very hard to find those big sacks of brown powder, that you guys call "Sphagnum peat moss". Here this is sold in bricks of 100-200 gramms.

I mixed it with garden lime and vermiculite (there's a TEK around here somwhere) and moistened it to field capacity.

You put water on it and it extends to ~4 quarts of wet cottony moss.

Btw. Here is a picture of the mycelium on the casing. I guess this one is lost anyway:



What do you think Asura?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26378547 -

That looks like a vigorous culture, but how much lime did you put in the casing?
The color of it looks wrong.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26378599 -

The color stems from the peat moss. If you look at the amazon link that I provided you can see (under the pictures) that it is not brown as you guys in the US use but rather yellowish. I followed a TEK but can't remember which one. It was like:
- 10 parts verm
- 10 parts sphagnum peat moss
- 1  part garden lime

I tested ph and it was neutral (~7-8)

There are some green spots on the left upper side if you enlarge the picture.

Edited by Prietenul (12/13/19 12:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26380685 -

Today I saw that the tub is infested with Trych. Green little spots appearing throughout the substrate, especially on the sides, where there were pockets of water and air.

I snapped down the handles and put it in a cold room so I can dump it in the coming days. Just need to find a place.

It was clear, that my casing too early and not following the TEK (or mixing different ones) had to have an aftermath. To cheer me up I just think: Learned something
:laugh:

Do you think that the air in my house is already contaminated with trych-spores? Do I have to take special precautions (extended cleaning) before the next try?

Edited by Prietenul (12/14/19 05:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26380750 -

Asura, what are the dimensions of your 4qt tray. I looked it up and I can find at least 2 different trays. One is longer but not as high sidewalls, the other one is shorter but not as narrow...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26380751 -

ya u need to put the house on the market and move lol relax ul b fine we have all had are bouts with the green bitch as long as you catch it early and take proper precautions of not letting it spread youl b fine


--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: jcm4620]
    #26380774 -

:lol:

Yeah, just wanted to be reassured :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26381200 -

Prietenul said:
Asura, what are the dimensions of your 4qt tray. I looked it up and I can find at least 2 different trays. One is longer but not as high sidewalls, the other one is shorter but not as narrow...



I have no idea. I use either the 3 qt or 4 qt trays made by Pyrex. As long as you can get a sub-depth of 1.75-2" you're fine.

Hop on the Official Pan Cyan thread:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22216410/fpart/1/vc/1

Just jump to the end and dive in. You can go read everything on it as time permits.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26383564 -

Asura said:
Hop on the Official Pan Cyan thread:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22216410/fpart/1/vc/1

Just jump to the end and dive in. You can go read everything on it as time permits.



All right, I'll do that. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26383623 -

Well my last beer lc with pans was trash. I will pick up some nutes and follow asura's tek but for now I had pan cyan gator on agar and I just made a grain water lc with it. Hopefully better luck this time.

On a side note, staying true to my 'germinating ancient spores' theme, I tried germinating Red down under from an original stonesun print a member hooked me up with. No germination on agar but I got bored and did a no-no.... RDU ms to grain. I have germination in 2/3 jars. I'm not going to use them for spawn, I'll select some good kernels and put them to agar. I'm just super happy it's alive!


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: spiritlands]
    #26396088 -

How do you keep the syringe filter sterile? On your picture you don't have any cap or other precautions. Now, when you pull the LC into your syringe (right before inoculating the bags) how do you make sure, that the connection between syringe and filter is not contaminated?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26396140 -

I use a brand new syringe every time I transfer LC. I buy them by the 100.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26396315 -

Asura said:
I use a brand new syringe every time I transfer LC. I buy them by the 100.



Yeah, me too. But the syringe filter (mounted on your lid) is not new, right? You PC it and then it sits in open air?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26396335 -

Sorry, misread your comment. The syringe filter is used for GE. I don't filter
liquids through it. I open the jar in front of a flow hood and carefully pull
directly from the jar. In some circumstances, I pour right from the jar.

For the record, I don't advocate this or recommend this. In this case, I am
just reporting what I do.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26396408 -

Aah now I get it...

That makes sense. Good that I asked. :lol:

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Prietenul]
    #26407708 -

Has anyone done Pan Cyans with a Shoebox Tek before? I'll link the tek.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662/fpart/5/vc/1#26009662

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: JAyzBxB88]
    #26407716 -

well asura wish me luck i just spawned all my clones from my first pan ms grow. i sure hope i can pull off some nice looking trays of your and jakes caliber.


--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: JAyzBxB88]
    #26407729 -

JAyzBxB88 said:
Has anyone done Pan Cyans with a Shoebox Tek before? I'll link the tek.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662/fpart/5/vc/1#26009662



Cyans like FAE, proper temps, high humidity. Evaporation off of the surface is a major pinning trigger.
Whatever you can do to provide those conditions will probably work. A shoebox doesn't provide all of the
conditions - if it did, none of the current write ups would exist. Believe me, I am not doing
all this shit for the fun of it.

I am working on a new tek at the moment that will hopefully simplify things, but
it's still at the experimental stage. Lots of details yet to be worked out.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura]
    #26407735 -

okie dokie, shoeboxes are nice for me because I only have a limited amount of growing space. Thanks Asura.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cultivation psylocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 all )
TelperionMoon 5,368 24 04/08/06 01:13 AM
by ssjwizard
* Re: Cultivating Psilocybe cyanescens * PIC * Anonymous 3,204 4 05/03/01 10:14 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe cyanescens hudsonismss 3,430 4 07/16/01 09:46 AM
by psilocyber
* Psilocybe cyanescens dimitri211 3,864 4 05/09/01 09:29 AM
by Anonymous
* has anyone ever tried a bulk outdoor project? cyanescens or az. beav 2,354 16 03/16/05 07:12 PM
by Luv_The_Cyans
* psilocybe cyanescens indoors 4hodmt 8,354 15 01/05/13 05:26 PM
by mushmagic
* Indoor Cyanescens mathewww 749 4 11/26/07 05:37 PM
by tahoe
* cultivating panaeolus
( 1 2 all )
wds 4,735 26 10/26/04 03:48 PM
by Hamurabi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
130,043 topic views. 15 members, 243 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.