Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26160234 -

O_Dweeds said:
moonrockmushy said:
Life destroying is a pretty extreme description, but if you feel great on opiates and don't feel good when you're not on them, you will easily get hooked.  While I can't speak for chronic pain patients, self medicating for some emotional or existential reason with opiates tends to cause lots of life problems and decreases you potential for enjoyment in life down the road in lots of ways.  If you give a fuck about your life and future, I personally would not recommend taking opiates. 

To me it's not too much safer to take weak opiates or low doses.  Sure you might get less sick but the sickness is not the dangerous part as much as it sucks.  What's dangerous about it is how it changes your thought processes regarding what you find a rewarding experience, and that will happen at any dose you can feel.  Lots of drugs can do this but opiates seem especially effective, and that effect of the drug can last for an indefinite amount of time unlike the sickness.



Wayyy to many uniquely occurring opiates to blanket them all in the not safe for low/micro-dosing.
Example: Micro/Low-dosing thebaine is extremely energizing and lasts 24 hours. So you're going a full day before your body is even feeling like a re-dose.
And since it also has pain relief properties 2-4 times as strong as morphine it works great for it's desired use and one can sleep well and have a good ngihts sleep (REM Cycles)



I said I can't speak for legitimate chronic pain uses.  While they still have risks and side effects everyone knows they're useful for that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Heinrik]
    #26160313 -

This thread is life destroying. Shits giving me cancer


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26160315 -

Think of all the high strength opiates you'll get once you get cancer though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #26160316 -

Finally i can relive addiction without the guilt!


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26160674 -

Lophosaurus said:
Not every dose of heroin makes you nod off obviously, so is the heroin responsible for the rape or not? You can't answer that question without proving your view to be wrong. Heroin is a drug and not responsible for anything.



If you want to strawman me with your ‘it’s not heroin’s fault’ you’re going to have to do better than that.  It’s already been established that opiates destroy lives but heroin users are coming out of the woodwork to defend their precious with semantics.


--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: lowbrow]
    #26160824 -

I think it all depends on the person and their morals. If all you do is spend your money and don't steal or put yourself in bad situations then you can have a chance.

But in the end, it gets everyone one way or another. Some leave opiates with just a scratch and some leave with scars and some don't come back. For me, I lost relationships and money.

Some go to jail and some die.

It all depends on the person therefore opiates cannot destroy anything unless you dump a 50 pound bag of dope on someone's head.


Nothing but net, Malcolm :lol:


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: lowbrow]
    #26160852 -

lowbrow said:
Fiery said:
Let me sum up this thread for the Too long didn't readers. TL:DR




Quote:
Are opiates really life destroying?





YES



Get ready.  Somebody’s going to argue it.






If they destroy lives.

Why hasn't my life been destroyed?


I love opioids and I've dabbled with them occasionally over the past 12 years...I've smoked H a few times years ago, I've taken oxycodone or oxymorphone up my nose, I've dabbled with quite an assortment of various opioids over the years.

I've never used regularly and I have never been addicted :shrug: ....because I CHOOSE to not become addicted, it is as simple as that.

My life isn't destroyed because I haven't dug myself into that hole. Because I chose to not do so. Is there not a choice involved?

I am responsible over my choices and decisions...I don't pass blame onto a drug that is inanimate.

If one becomes addicted and "ruins their life" with a drug...It really shows how weak-minded a person is if they blame the drug and don't take any responsibility for the situation they're in and choices they made.

A choice is always involved....that's the root of how people destroy their lives, from CHOICES they make.



Why hasn't my sister's life been destroyed?...She's been prescribed various opioids for different things a few times over the years. She hasn't turned into an addict :shrug: .

I know lots of folks that have been prescribed opioids at one point or another, none of them turned into a junky and none of them have destroyed their lives.

I know several people that really love opioids like myself and they dabble and get high on them from time to time...None of them have destroyed their lives, none are addicted.




Ya'll act like these this class of drugs is "conscious" and has some sort of agenda to destroy human lives and humans don't have any choice in it....When in reality, it is people destroying their lives with their own choices and decisions.

If someone chooses to kill/shoot themselves in the head with a gun...I absolutely do not view the gun as what destroyed the person's life, it was the persons choice that was at the root of it all.



If someone makes the choice to take a drug everyday that's only digging themselves into a deeper hole of addiction....that is entirely the person's choice.

I do not see it any other way.

Sure a person can destroy their lives with their choices, and their choices might involve a drug.....but behind it all is choice.






-OM

.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26160865 -

openmind said:
lowbrow said:
Fiery said:
Let me sum up this thread for the Too long didn't readers. TL:DR




Quote:
Are opiates really life destroying?





YES



Get ready.  Somebody’s going to argue it.






If they destroy lives.

Why hasn't my life been destroyed?


I love opioids and I've dabbled with them occasionally over the past 12 years...I've smoked H a few times years ago, I've taken oxycodone or oxymorphone up my nose, I've dabbled with quite an assortment of various opioids over the years.

I've never used regularly and I have never been addicted :shrug: ....because I CHOOSE to not become addicted, it is as simple as that.

My life isn't destroyed because I haven't dug myself into that hole. Because I chose to not do so. Is there not a choice involved?

I am responsible over my choices and decisions...I don't pass blame onto a drug that is inanimate.

If one becomes addicted and "ruins their life" with a drug...It really shows how weak-minded a person is if they blame the drug and don't take any responsibility for the situation they're in and choices they made.

A choice is always involved....that's the root of how people destroy their lives, from CHOICES they make.



Why hasn't my sister's life been destroyed?...She's been prescribed various opioids for different things a few times over the years. She hasn't turned into an addict :shrug: .

I know lots of folks that have been prescribed opioids at one point or another, none of them turned into a junky and none of them have destroyed their lives.

I know several people that really love opioids like myself and they dabble and get high on them from time to time...None of them have destroyed their lives, none are addicted.




Ya'll act like these this class of drugs is "conscious" and has some sort of agenda to destroy human lives and humans don't have any choice in it....When in reality, it is people destroying their lives with their own choices and decisions.

If someone chooses to kill/shoot themselves in the head with a gun...I absolutely do not view the gun as what destroyed the person's life, it was the persons choice that was at the root of it all.



If someone makes the choice to take a drug everyday that's only digging themselves into a deeper hole of addiction....that is entirely the person's choice.

I do not see it any other way.

Sure a person can destroy their lives with their choices, and their choices might involve a drug.....but behind it all is choice.






-OM

.



Theres always exceptions to the rule, but opiates destroy lives.


--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: openmind]
    #26160911 -

openmind said:
lowbrow said:
Fiery said:
Let me sum up this thread for the Too long didn't readers. TL:DR




Quote:
Are opiates really life destroying?





YES



Get ready.  Somebody’s going to argue it.






If they destroy lives.

Why hasn't my life been destroyed?


I love opioids and I've dabbled with them occasionally over the past 12 years...I've smoked H a few times years ago, I've taken oxycodone or oxymorphone up my nose, I've dabbled with quite an assortment of various opioids over the years.

I've never used regularly and I have never been addicted :shrug: ....because I CHOOSE to not become addicted, it is as simple as that.

My life isn't destroyed because I haven't dug myself into that hole. Because I chose to not do so. Is there not a choice involved?

I am responsible over my choices and decisions...I don't pass blame onto a drug that is inanimate.

If one becomes addicted and "ruins their life" with a drug...It really shows how weak-minded a person is if they blame the drug and don't take any responsibility for the situation they're in and choices they made.

A choice is always involved....that's the root of how people destroy their lives, from CHOICES they make.



Why hasn't my sister's life been destroyed?...She's been prescribed various opioids for different things a few times over the years. She hasn't turned into an addict :shrug: .

I know lots of folks that have been prescribed opioids at one point or another, none of them turned into a junky and none of them have destroyed their lives.

I know several people that really love opioids like myself and they dabble and get high on them from time to time...None of them have destroyed their lives, none are addicted.




Ya'll act like these this class of drugs is "conscious" and has some sort of agenda to destroy human lives and humans don't have any choice in it....When in reality, it is people destroying their lives with their own choices and decisions.

If someone chooses to kill/shoot themselves in the head with a gun...I absolutely do not view the gun as what destroyed the person's life, it was the persons choice that was at the root of it all.



If someone makes the choice to take a drug everyday that's only digging themselves into a deeper hole of addiction....that is entirely the person's choice.

I do not see it any other way.

Sure a person can destroy their lives with their choices, and their choices might involve a drug.....but behind it all is choice.






-OM

.



Our consciousness is (arguably) just the neurotransmitter and brain transmissions that make thought possible. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, opiates hijack the very system that guides conscious thought in real and meaningful ways.

I work as an addiction counselor, and can say that many people have your exact opinion, use for decades without any issues, then one in change in their life or sometimes even nothing at all leads them to take the drug a little more often then usual for one brief period. There are a lot of factors that go into the slide, and good luck identifying them as they happen.

No one sees it coming, many people start out saying and doing exactly what you're saying and doing.

Not saying you're destined for addiction, just saying that your words show you may not fully understand how the grasp of addiction arises and keeps its hold. There's a genetic component for sure, but the fact that you enjoy opiates (many without the predisposition say that opiates make them dizzy or nauseous and little else) means you may wise to be very, very careful. Could try to say a lot more but will hold off, sorry if I'm sounding like a lecture.

The fact that you'll never see it coming is something you just don't understand until you go through it.

Dabbling with opiates is like being in a room with a slow carbon monoxide leak. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that leaves the room by chance, maybe not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: lowbrow]
    #26160921 -

Opiates are critical to a lot of patients who've been in accidents, ptsd(because it's effecting benzos  as well or just severely injured in some way. For those people medical science only has opiates to treat it. Especially people who've been in bad accidents, war or elderly patients. It's savagely egregious to wage a "national opiod state of emergency" on these people that have up until now been able to take their doses to be able to live some quality of life. The people who were functioning on normal doses of pain or anxiety meds are now turning into heroin addicts because it's very hard to get pills in certain areas and they're always expensive. We're creating a worse state of addiction.

This being said after 10 years straight 24/7 365 a year of a nasty diluadid addiction I want it out of my life probably more then anything in the world. Just have too much pain currently to go completely off it.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: lowbrow]
    #26160956 -

lowbrow said:
Theres always exceptions to the rule, but opiates destroy lives.





I don't see it that way at all .

I see people destroying their lives with opioids from the choices they make...but I don't see opioids destroying people's lives on their own, the drug is not conscious or animate.


These drugs aren't going around jumping down people's throats, up people's noses, or into peoples veins on their own....

...A person has to make a choice for the drug to end up there. Simple as that.


When a person chooses to steal to fund their addiction...that's entirely on the person, I think it is super ridiculous to say it's the drug doing that.

When a person chooses to take another dose of the drug, that's entirely on the person, I think it is super ridiculous to say it's the drug doing that.

When a person's life is falling apart because of their addiction and they continue to choose to take another dose, I think it is super ridiculous to say it's the drug doing that.



Having the point of view that it's a drug that's destroying a person's life is basically putting all the blame onto the drug...I feel that is a rather naive and dangerous view to have...Having that point of view, a person doesn't have to feel bad or take any responsibility for the situation they're in, because then it is not their choices that put them in the situation, it's entirely "the drug" that's destroying their life and they have no choice in it and can't do anything about it.

I do not see it that way at all.





And like I've said in my previous posts...I do have sympathy for those that are in the throes of addiction. I am very understanding of how that shit happens, and I know in many cases of addiction folks are covering up pain/trauma and other shitty circumstances in life.....I know how nice opioids feel, I love them and know how it feels to want to "feel that feel" every day.....I don't want to come across harshly or like I'm talking down on those that have ended up addicted...

......just saying I fully believe that no drug will destroy a persons life, but a person can destroy their life with a drug if they choose to do so.






-OM

.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26160982 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
Lophosaurus said:
NO, How could an inanimate object destroy a life.



What, like guns?

I know, I know, guns don't kill people, people do, but without guns in this world I'd stake my life on the fact people wouldn't be getting killed in anything like the sheer numbers they currently are.

Such is the case with opiates. There's no way, were they no so readily available in this country, that you'd be losing so many due to the crisis they've caused.

Ergo, opiates destroy lives. Were they not here, they would not do so.



Using guns as an example, even if we agreed guns aren't directly responsible it seems pretty clear that assault rifles will be more dangerous then muskets or hand guns.

With opiates it's the same, even the milder ones can be dangerous but at least they won't have the same risks that heroin or fentanyl will.

If pharmaceutical companies didn't care so much about profits maybe we'd have more non addictive pain meds already, since that is really the biggest issue. Event the smartest people with great self control can end up hooked.

Lophosaurus said:
Not every dose of heroin makes you nod off obviously, so is the heroin responsible for the rape or not? You can't answer that question without proving your view to be wrong. Heroin is a drug and not responsible for anything.



Really? Would you say the same about alcohol? I think you're underestimating the strength of psychoactive substances to alter peoples thought processes. There's a reason violent drunks are a common theme even with some non violent people. Does it totally excuse shitty behavior? Of course not. Does it play a big role? Absolutely, many people wouldn't ever end up as desperate and greedy without the drugs to cloud their judgement.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #26160988 -

It shouldn't be difficult for people who use hallucinogens to understand the effect a chemical can have in altering your reality.

Opiates alter your reality to see the chemical as nearly as important as air and food. Our life is guided by the pursuit of fitness payoffs, and powerful opiates are the ultimate trojan horse of a fitness payoff.

"Choice" really isn't applicable when it comes to discussions on addiction, in most cases where it's used. Unfortunately there is no word that accurately describes a hijacked neurophysiological system's process of making decisions. Calling it a choice is often analogous to calling getting shoved forward "walking", sure there technically is some walking that happened... but there are clear other forces at play.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: musiclover420]
    #26161049 -

musiclover420 said:
Jokeshopbeard said:
Lophosaurus said:
NO, How could an inanimate object destroy a life.



What, like guns?

I know, I know, guns don't kill people, people do, but without guns in this world I'd stake my life on the fact people wouldn't be getting killed in anything like the sheer numbers they currently are.

Such is the case with opiates. There's no way, were they no so readily available in this country, that you'd be losing so many due to the crisis they've caused.

Ergo, opiates destroy lives. Were they not here, they would not do so.



Using guns as an example, even if we agreed guns aren't directly responsible it seems pretty clear that assault rifles will be more dangerous then muskets or hand guns.

With opiates it's the same, even the milder ones can be dangerous but at least they won't have the same risks that heroin or fentanyl will.

If pharmaceutical companies didn't care so much about profits maybe we'd have more non addictive pain meds already, since that is really the biggest issue. Event the smartest people with great self control can end up hooked.

Lophosaurus said:
Not every dose of heroin makes you nod off obviously, so is the heroin responsible for the rape or not? You can't answer that question without proving your view to be wrong. Heroin is a drug and not responsible for anything.



Really? Would you say the same about alcohol? I think you're underestimating the strength of psychoactive substances to alter peoples thought processes. There's a reason violent drunks are a common theme even with some non violent people. Does it totally excuse shitty behavior? Of course not. Does it play a big role? Absolutely, many people wouldn't ever end up as desperate and greedy without the drugs to cloud their judgement.



Yes, of course. If you rape someone after you are drunk it is still your fault and any court room would agree. People are responsible for their own actions. If you get drunk enough to lose control and you get violent it is your fault and not the alcohol. They are going to arrest the person and not the bottle of liquor or bindle of heroin. It is the persons choice to drink or shoot up or whatever the drug is.

What if you eat food non-stop until you are a fat slob. Is it the foods fault? Is anybody ever to blame for their decisions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26161073 -

Lophosaurus said:
What if you eat food non-stop until you are a fat slob. Is it the foods fault? Is anybody ever to blame for their decisions?



Actually in this society we are living the marketing of unhealthy food that makes you fat slob is highly intelligent and Dirty.
Your basic instincts are used against you in all means possible to get you hooked on bad stuff, sugar for example.
So I dont see your point valid in this one.


--------------------
From tundra with love!


FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #26161088 -

:heroin:



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 1
    #26161137 -

LeningradCowboy said:
Lophosaurus said:
What if you eat food non-stop until you are a fat slob. Is it the foods fault? Is anybody ever to blame for their decisions?



Actually in this society we are living the marketing of unhealthy food that makes you fat slob is highly intelligent and Dirty.
Your basic instincts are used against you in all means possible to get you hooked on bad stuff, sugar for example.
So I dont see your point valid in this one.




Oh, so it is the marketers fault that people eat themselves into obesity, it's the whiskey's fault that people fight, and it's the drugs fault that people become addicted to it. I guess nobody is at fault for any of their actions then because there is always someone else to blame and even inanimate things are being blamed. Nobody is responsible for anything anymore, what a crazy world we live in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26161148 -

Of course the people that do it are at fault as well. No one is denying that but you. And that's the problem. You're trying to make the whole issue black and white, when it's anything but.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26161167 -

A bit corny but, true that.



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26161202 -

Lophosaurus said:
LeningradCowboy said:
Lophosaurus said:
What if you eat food non-stop until you are a fat slob. Is it the foods fault? Is anybody ever to blame for their decisions?



Actually in this society we are living the marketing of unhealthy food that makes you fat slob is highly intelligent and Dirty.
Your basic instincts are used against you in all means possible to get you hooked on bad stuff, sugar for example.
So I dont see your point valid in this one.




Oh, so it is the marketers fault that people eat themselves into obesity, it's the whiskey's fault that people fight, and it's the drugs fault that people become addicted to it. I guess nobody is at fault for any of their actions then because there is always someone else to blame and even inanimate things are being blamed. Nobody is responsible for anything anymore, what a crazy world we live in.



Ever know any poor kids going to school? They often have so little food they eat everything they can get, including the usually essential fast food cafeteria food. It's not always a choice for people.

Back to opiates, a lot of people start off needing them medicinally for short or long term relief. In many cases doctors literally lie to their patients about the "non addictive pain meds" that turn out to be super addictive...

It's not always as simple as "they should have had more will power". In fact brains vary so much that addiction can be entirely different person to person.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Watch gamblers capliberty 396 1 08/20/06 10:47 PM
by Tippinthru
* The Gamblers - "LSD-25" (mp3) LearyfanS 2,690 1 08/05/05 05:54 PM
by Deadmaker
* Opiates and boners... Gumby 2,051 11 11/08/08 09:49 PM
by weiliiiiiii
* as a community should we accept opiate users?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
truekimbo2 18,155 145 01/26/14 10:49 PM
by Astral_JL
* I don't find opiates that addictive...
( 1 2 all )
Wolfe3001 4,880 29 12/13/07 12:16 AM
by moses
* Is this mix good,dangerous or just not good. To stop opiates and other dangerous drugs? protected_son 880 6 05/09/07 11:28 PM
by protected_son
* Opiate Lovers Come Forth!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
JonnyOnTheSpot 13,709 122 01/24/13 06:42 PM
by deCypher
* Opiates
( 1 2 all )
mndfreezeMDiscordReddit 2,521 24 06/29/06 04:53 AM
by mndfreeze

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,040 topic views. 3 members, 215 guests and 223 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.