Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2] * 1
    #5881142 - 07/20/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Get the fuck out of the Shroomery, you mushroom abuser.  Your type DISGUSTS me.  :puke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MrJellineck] * 1
    #5881143 - 07/20/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrJellineck said:
Also, I see you're a homophobe. You do know that there have been many scientific studies directly correlating homosexuality with mushroom use, right?

Yes, I've been keeping up on those studies and the evidence is overwhelming.

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5881147 - 07/20/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

if anything this whole thread is a testament to that fact.

This thread is just pissing me off, its fucking 10:30 in the morning, its too early for so much hate. Chill.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MrJellineck]
    #5881148 - 07/20/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

shromz + weed r awesome0z

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5881152 - 07/20/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

For what it's worth:

from: http://www.radiantrecovery.com/newsletter2/sci.html (which may no longer be free to the public)

"A dose of 8 mg/kg vitamin C protected mice from a lethal dose of morphine. This dose would be about 600 mg for a 200-pound person."

"Vitamin C decreases the pain killing effect of morphine."

(this is something saved while surfing and I have no idea as to its accuracy)

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5881191 - 07/20/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i hate to see topics about iresponsible use of drugs (no matter what drugs) that don't get called for or properly replyed to :shrug:
and i don't think there are enough responsible users that like to post warnings to kids... there are some but not nearly enough! of course each user is supposed to be an adult and reasonable but it's not always the case!

further more, this place attracts NEW drug users much more then old ones... we sometimes make it too easy or incuredge people to experiment with drugs they'd otherwise have nothing to do with...

every time i mention MDMA people incuredge me to try it!
befor i came here it was a "nono" for me... now i'm pretty sure that when i get the chance i most certenly will try it! that's not neccerely a good/bad thing though!

yeah we preach safe and responsible drug use, but not always... there's a limit to the amount of effort users can contribute on EVERY post :shrug:
at least there are enough warnings out there if people REALLY want to know...

as for using those drugs in gatherings and such... i ampethise.
i would'nt want to be exposed to crack/coke/meth/heroin I wouldn't feel safe or open around those kind of drugs (but that's just me i guess)

however i don't think ANY drug should be banned from discussion... what we DO need to do is make sure we warn every user who wants to experiment with addictive and dangerus drugs to the best of our abilety!
if you can't, simply incuredge others to do it or simple ignore :shrug:

(good post BTW!)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Simisu]
    #5881203 - 07/20/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

P.S
:shrug:

(it's almost as good as the : smirk : :smirk:)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Simisu]
    #5881213 - 07/20/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :smirk:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Organic]
    #5881322 - 07/20/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
A lot of psychedelic users fall into opiate/alcohol/benzo/etc addiction after many trips to "heal" their ego...this is a fact. To shut it off and deny them is to live outside of reality. We'd be bullshitting everyone if we acted like all our members do are eat mushrooms, LSD, and smoke weed.

Yep you would! I have not ever tripped. I enjoy cultivating. That's why I am here :thumbup:  :thumbup:

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5881326 - 07/20/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Of course we should have free discussion on opiates. Or ANY other drug. I get angry enough as it is, that everytime someone asks a question about cocaine or heroin in ODD, they get 20 "OMG! DO NOT DO HEROIN OR YOU WILL DIE" responses. Why should people have to put up with this, just to get some information?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5881477 - 07/20/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It is ignorant behavior to act in a way that judges other purely on their choice of drugs. But there is no reason you should not feel safe around anyone doing any drug. If people are violent then the drugs will exaggerate that violent behavior. If you are around people like that on drugs you shouldn't be around them off either. Yes many drugs can cause side effects that can be scary to some. Just because you pick bad company doesn't mean its the drugs fault. I have done almost every drug except psychedelics and heroin and I am here to tell you

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
although i origionally came to shroomery purely for information, i stayed because i found likeminded and otherwise complimentary poeple.
one major theme that seems to be common to psychedelic users is the desire to experiance more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. 

*interjection* You are not more capable of learning than I am or than a child with down syndrome. Do you realize that Meth is what is prescribed to ADD children to help them focus. I have had more insights/ inspiration/ and enlightenment on Meth than any other drug. If this was so bad in moderation why is our government (IN USA) feeding opiates, amphetamines, cannabis, and sedatives (i.e. Valium) to people with any type of disorder? If they were not able to be contained by people with the control to use them our Cities would be MORE chaotic.

even the people who take psychedelics just to party and who may not be intelligent enough to see all the mental aspects,.... even if its just a better party.

*I have a friend that regularly uses opiates, k, and shrooms with out any problem functioning or making ANYONE feel unsafe. SO is he less intelligent than you because he chooses to enjoy other things?

if we were to sterotype poeple by the drugs they use (which seems to be pretty valid) all these things are found in psychedelic users that are not found in users of other drugs.

i should make a little note here about poly drug use, since most of use many differnt drugs.  i have no problem with the other drugs being used, i think drugs are wonderful.  my problem is with poeple who's preference is in the other classes of drugs i mentioned, or poeple who's lifestyles are built around those other classes of drugs.

users of other drugs tend to not have all those qualities i listed in the same amount that psychedelic users do.

*these are the qualities listed desire to experience more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. 

How so you know what MY DESIRES ARE? You cant possibly. I have learned  alot in my day and I learn more everyday and strive to KEEP LEARNING. CONSTANTLY. I feel I am smarter for doing what I have done and I am THE HAPPIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN. I do make this world a better place and It is safer because I am the one that watches everyone's back, even when mine is stabbed! The difference is clear... The majority of this community does not NEED drugs to allow them to realize these things. I 
do not DO DRUGS TO MAKE ME SMARTER> I don't need to. Nor do I do them for the reasons you listed. I have all of those quality's with out using psychedelics.

c) i find habitual users of the other drugs personally distasteful.
*I find you distasteful. But I have to give credit where credit is due.  At least you are not in denial, That is the first step to changing to a happier less resentful life :smile:

edit: whats more is i don't believe its the shroomery's duty to act as an information source on non-psychedelics.  there are plenty of niche resources on the web for whatever drugs you're intrested in.
*DUTY? Who makes/ reads posts (other than moderators) because they feel obligated? We do it to help. I find it much wiser/ safer for people to grow and process (even opiates) their own drugs. They are then educated about it and know EXACTLY what they are putting in their bodies... This community is here to help each other... That's what we do! You say you want to be around people that want to learn and "make this world a safer place" Well that is what is great about this community. They make this world safer by offering information to kids/ adult that are going to try things anyways. You are discouraging this world to be safer. Would you rather have us all here *unwilling to learn more?* Since that's one of our traits. You see this is what learning is all about. We are a community... THAT SUPPORTS AND INFORMS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS. You seem to be the naive one on here AND ARE NOT FUNCTIONING AS PART OF A COMMUNITY BUT A REBEL TRYING TO CHANGE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF ACCEPTING THEM FOR WHO THEY REALLY ARE!

Thank you to those that read this. I am not trying to be a bitch here. I just hope that maybe you all will realize a HAPPIER/ HEALTHIER/ SAFER/ WAY OF LEARNING WITHOUT being insulted by ingnroance.

truekimbo2 I hope you do not take this as a personal stab at you. It is not meant to be that way although it may appear so. I believe that this is a happier/ safer way to live, and I stand up for what I believe. These are my views and opinions and I hope that you are willing to listen to others as we listen to your views!

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: malarki]
    #5881501 - 07/20/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

no, we shouldn't accep them.

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
    #5881531 - 07/20/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

how can people still not realize that we are all equals? quit walking around with your nose in the air. quit claiming that your stereotypes are a valid form of judgement on people.

i like to shoot heroin once in a while but you have no fucking clue who I am. I don't rob people on the street. I don't suck dick for my habit. I don't try to stab my friends in the back etc.

as irresponsible as shooting heroin may be, i spent months even years studying the chemical and read books about it and how to safely inject before deciding that i wanted to try it. it is a dangerous chemical, extremely dangerous even, some may call me stupid for even toying with it, but what you have to realize is that you don't have any control over what I do...

so anyway go ahead and continue to shake your head and wish i didn't exist for all i care. you'll need to get your head out of the sand some time, and simply calling for the exclusion of people who don't think like you is fascist and retarded.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5881550 - 07/20/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i agree everything is not univeral, however i generally my statements are correct

(to clarify, i was saying i don't have a problem with polydrug abusers, you seemed to have interpreted that statement wrong)

also, my generalizations come from real life. i've lived with a methhead/dealer, i've been friends with heroin addicts, i've even hung around crackheads a little bit.
i've also hung out with k heads, shroom eaters and acid heads.
all in all, i prefer the latter groups.

edit: also, i'm not saying the drugs are bad, i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards. i'm not saying the side effects are bad, or that those drugs cause violence.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 02:14 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #5881574 - 07/20/06 02:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

wow... that is the most retarded thing ive read

Quote:

however i generally my statements are correct

ummmmmm.. what?

Quote:

i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... what??

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5881576 - 07/20/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards.

Thats rather elaborate for a kamikaze yell.

People, I'm not a local mod but let's NOT turn this thread into an ad hominem flamefest, OK? A few posts back it already came way too close to a lock.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5881582 - 07/20/06 02:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you do make generalizations but I do use meth. I am by no means a drug abuser. I function in daily life, eat food every day, and I usually sleep at night (even before drugs in general I have had insomnia) Yes there are some people that are in general "abusers" and they are what give "harder" drugs a bad name. But these people will abuse any drug to "get fucked up" as their escape from reality. I don't to drugs to escape reality. I don't do a hole bunch to get super high and not be able to function. I do some here and there and it opens my mind to new ideas and allows me to look at things "outside my box" I have had problems with alcohol and opiates. And later replaced it with K and E. Then Coke. And everything between the sun and moon. But each is different and you learn from each. I have watched a close friend destroy her life in and out of rehab for heroin and coke. I have watched my best friend destroy his life because of Meth. I have destroyed mine in the past because of Opiates. And I talked someone through a panic attack last night b/c of the mental strain that psychedelics put on peoples minds especially with mental disorders. (I believe you were involved in this also) I have married and divorced a drug dealer.. My family has fought drug addictions for years. I have watched drugs destroy my family's sanity (and my own life with my own drug habits and my ex-husbands) more than once over again. My brother is in jail for being in a house where someone speed balled and died (heroin and coke). He was held reliable. My ex-husband was caught dealing and went to jail. And I am still here saying what I believe.... They were wrong for being around those people. The drugs don't make you do it. YOU MAKE YOU DO IT. But after all of these  obstacles I am now only on 1 drug. It does not consume my life but It shouldn't have to.
*Thanks for clearing that up for me. You are right but also are wrong. People who base their life around ANY drug are not up to LIFE'S standards. And "usually" fail at functioning in society.

**This isn't a sob story. I don't want pity. I only want to inform others to it doesn't happen to them and maybe they will have someone to relate to if they are going through these things. But I too speak from experience :smile:

--------------------

Edited by malarki (07/20/06 02:47 PM)

InvisiblemsJblank
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: candy land
    #5881586 - 07/20/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Opiates are fucking gay. I hate when my friends use them around me, they get all unbearable... but still, everybody does their own thing and as a "drug community" why would you outcast the worst drug of all?

--------------------
drugs are bad

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: malarki]
    #5881593 - 07/20/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

don't mistake my hatred of fascist thinking as an individual attack. (i use you in the plural sense :P )

i think the poll that was posted speaks for itself. don't discriminate!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5881646 - 07/20/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

edit: also, i'm not saying the drugs are bad, i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards. i'm not saying the side effects are bad, or that those drugs cause violence.

If that is the case, why shouldn't we talk about the use of those drugs here? Only through ignorance do people behave that way.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom