Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
as a community should we accept opiate users?
    #5880405 - 07/20/06 05:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

every once in a while i see a post like this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5878769/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

this is by no means the only one, also i've noticed we have a current drug alert for fentanyl sold as heroin.

just curious if this is something that exsists kind of on the outskirts of our board because most of us don't really feel strongly one way or another about it, or as a community do we accept ALL drug users?

the only type of drug user i've seen openly abused is the poeple who can't spell and post trip reports for taking benzos/alchohol/vicodans together and getting real fuxored.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 05:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5880406 - 07/20/06 05:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

of all my time here ,basically everything one could take into a body has been used,,abused,and used some more...

opiates are probably one of the last things that would be outed from this place

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5880432 - 07/20/06 05:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I see no problem with it...this is why Other Drugs Discussion exists. Why should it matter if they get high on opiates instead of mushrooms?

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#5880457 - 07/20/06 06:13 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Besides being a great source of mushroom info, is this site also not dedicated to harm reduction?

Why would we oust any user for their choice of drug?

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5880477 - 07/20/06 06:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

:eek:

Emm.. Err..

Ehmmm..

It seems pretty obvious to me that our Opiate using members should continue to find an online home, or refuge, at the Shroomery, and to me it seems outrageous if it were decided to "let them go". Knowing the admins, that fortuately will probably not happen too.

Opiate users offer us psychedelics users a peek down the rabbithole, just like we offer a peek down the rabbithole to them. As I see it as an ODD mod, the Shroomery experience has a positive influence on reducing and preventing abuse of hard drugs for most members facing such issues.

The naive flirting with opiates by mostly our young members is a frightening trend, but it reflects what goes on throughout society, and in ODD it comes accompanied by expert advice by veteran members. On the whole, I feel, we do far more good than bad, which is convenient for a drug community website with a harm reduction agenda.

Freevibe is a fanclub of kids who make saying NO their lifestyle. If that helps them through their teenage years drugfree, hey, thats fine by me. But in contrast, I believe the Shroomery has prevented more factual abuse and bad choices than Freevibe ever did. Here you get the real dope on drugs, uncut by senseless propaganda by people who wouldn't know a drug if it bit them in the ass.

In my view we should welcome our hard drug brethren just like we do our non-drug members. We can't close our eyes to the world, and deprive them of us, or deprive us of them.
We are one people, let there be no divides between us.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Schwip]
    #5880478 - 07/20/06 06:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Personally I had an addiction to OC's ... Its sucks.. Opium makes heroin you know?? But This resorts back to the question... Why do we accept opiate users and not methamphetamine? They are both highly addictive. Opiates are physically addictive and mentally addictive. Methamphetamine is only mental... And MDMA is a form of Amphetamine yet it is accepted.... SO let the debate begin!!!!

Personally as long as you aren't bangin it... GO for it. Whatever floats ur boat!

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880480 - 07/20/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers (poly drug use: same thing, weed/shrooms is differnt from dmt/acid is differnt from heroin/alchohol.)

i wouldn't mind poeple on mushrooms in my house, but i would very much mind poeple shooting heroin in my house.
also, i wouldn't mind poeple snorting E at a gathering, but i would mind poeple smoking crack.

just curious to see if most poeple support an all-inclusive drug community here or a closed one.

personally i support a more closed one, but i am a biased bigot.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 06:32 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5880482 - 07/20/06 06:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think they should be outted...that goes against what the shroomery is about...some of us think that opiates are better off untouched, but that dosen't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss them...frankly thats the same kinda logic that has led to the problems we have with drug laws today

not only that but I believe ppl have the right to try opiates if they want...but I just think they should understand how serious they are before making the choice wheather to use them or not

basically I support what shulgin said in teh extasy report peter jennings did...he said he believes that everything that is known about a drug good and bad should be available to a person deciding wheather they want to use that drug or not

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/20/06 06:35 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5880490 - 07/20/06 06:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i left out the point that there are lots of OTHER places for poeple to get info on opiates/other heavy drugs.

--------------------

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5880495 - 07/20/06 06:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers (poly drug use: same thing, weed/shrooms is differnt from dmt/acid is differnt from heroin/alchohol.)

First (and not to pick on you but to make a point.) Can you cout the spelling errors on this part of the post alone?

I have never banged anything, but I have gone through phases of each of these. The only one I truly developed a problem with was Alcohol and Opiates mixed. But at the time, That was my choice. So what do I fit into now then? Not everyone fits into a neat little box for anyone's stereo types. I can say I don't fit into anyones box of what a perfect drug user is. And if you use drugs you should not judge others that use drugs of a different choice. Just because you believe it's right doesn't make it right. This is America we have freedom of speech just not freedom of choice in all matters.

Who is anyone to judge what others do? Who is perfect? Who is normal? What is normal? Who is to judge whats accepted?

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Edited by malarki (07/20/06 06:50 AM)

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: malarki]
    #5880498 - 07/20/06 06:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

*count* as i make one myself... I guess that's a second point.. even if it was a type-o :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5880500 - 07/20/06 06:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Many people who enjoy psilocybin also enjoy other chemicals. What's so hard to understand about this? Should a person be limited to only one specific substance?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5880502 - 07/20/06 06:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

This is America

Nope, this is the Shroomery.
Whatever the admins decree, goes. Other than cybercrime the admins can decide on anything they want. This is a private international organisation. We've got Dutchmen in a heatwave, Indian members growing cubies on elephant dung and Jewish members who are right now harboring refugees from the war. This is NOT america.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Asante]
    #5880512 - 07/20/06 06:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

This is America

Nope, this is the Shroomery.
Whatever the admins decree, goes. Other than cybercrime the admins can decide on anything they want. This is a private international organisation. We've got Dutchmen in a heatwave, Indian members growing cubies on elephant dung and Jewish members who are right now harboring refugees from the war. This is NOT america.

I stand corrected. Sometime I myself forget to think outside MY little box. > But I think that proves my last two points :smile:
(even you make spelling errors... *organization *America .. )

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #5880517 - 07/20/06 06:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

would you have a community if you didn't?

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5880522 - 07/20/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I don't think they should be outted...that goes against what the shroomery is about...some of us think that opiates are better off untouched, but that dosen't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss them...frankly thats the same kinda logic that has led to the problems we have with drug laws today

not only that but I believe ppl have the right to try opiates if they want...but I just think they should understand how serious they are before making the choice wheather to use them or not

basically I support what shulgin said in teh extasy report peter jennings did...he said he believes that everything that is known about a drug good and bad should be available to a person deciding wheather they want to use that drug or not

I think that it is an important and wise decision to be knowledgeable about drugs before doing any of them. I have made the mistake of not researching (younger smoking pot- this was a "normal" behavior in my family) but I have learned and now research, to the best of my ability, things that I put in my body. That is one of the best parts about these forums, we can converse about these things to help inform the uninformed!

--------------------

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5880541 - 07/20/06 07:12 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just let things be
why you gotta go and stir shit up
you know it only stinks when you stir shit

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

Edited by trendal (07/20/06 07:54 AM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5880543 - 07/20/06 07:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

So we can't be friends anymore :rolleyes:
I use opiates recreationally. I have for many years now. I'v done almost every opiate under the sun, and even used some intraveniously. I have never been an addict, i have never robbed anyone, i have never shared a needle, and i have never fucked a friend over.
Today after my girlfriend gets off of work, we are going to enjoy some poppy tea.
I wish you would get over your bias against opiate users. I met you at the gathering, and you seemed pretty cool. I would hate to think that you would look at me differant next time, because i occasionally embibe in opiate use.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #5880560 - 07/20/06 07:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i think i may not have been specific enough. i meant daily or semi-daily users of opiates/barbituates/alchohol/methamphetamine/cocaine/crack/ect.

edit: eh i'm going to be even less strict, and say anyone who the above drugs are thier drug of choice.

to refer to my origional post, i think posts on how to make shootable poppy extract are questionable.
also, posts about ODing or going through withdrawl outside the health and wellness are questionable.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 07:29 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880565 - 07/20/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i was requested to post this.

Re: r u serious?
why don't you( with my permission), post these messages in a public forum?

make sure you specify the fact I have given u permission, or else the wrath will fall from the heavens on you.

Quote truekimbo2:
oh!, yeah defintely. i don't really mean all opiate users though, and i also don't mean just opiates, i was picking on them in particular due to personal bias.

more exactly, i do not believe that the shroomery is the proper place for daily or almost daily abusers of opiates/cocaine/crack/alchohol/amphetamines/methamphetamines.

i like my metaphor of a party. i go to parties where poeple do E, acid, shrooms, K, ect. i avoid parties or poeple that are doing the above substances.

Quote nakors_junk_bag :
about the fact that you may sriously be considering the validity of opiate users on the org.

Quote truekimbo2:
about what?

Quote nakors_junk_bag:
well are you?

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5880577 - 07/20/06 07:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

A lot of psychedelic users fall into opiate/alcohol/benzo/etc addiction after many trips to "heal" their ego...this is a fact. To shut it off and deny them is to live outside of reality. We'd be bullshitting everyone if we acted like all our members do are eat mushrooms, LSD, and smoke weed.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#5880588 - 07/20/06 07:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i was requested to post this.

Re: r u serious?
why don't you( with my permission), post these messages in a public forum?

make sure you specify the fact I have given u permission, or else the wrath will fall from the heavens on you.

Quote truekimbo2:
oh!, yeah defintely. i don't really mean all opiate users though, and i also don't mean just opiates, i was picking on them in particular due to personal bias.

more exactly, i do not believe that the shroomery is the proper place for daily or almost daily abusers of opiates/cocaine/crack/alchohol/amphetamines/methamphetamines.

i like my metaphor of a party. i go to parties where poeple do E, acid, shrooms, K, ect. i avoid parties or poeple that are doing the above substances.

Quote nakors_junk_bag :
about the fact that you may sriously be considering the validity of opiate users on the org.

Quote truekimbo2:
about what?

Quote nakors_junk_bag:
well are you?

you miss represented me, the most heinous of things you can do on a forum.

let me set the rcord straight.

stand by yall.

--------------------
Asshole

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5880590 - 07/20/06 07:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry, none of it makes sense anyway.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Organic]
    #5880598 - 07/20/06 07:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

sorry, got side tracked, politics, be right back.

--------------------
Asshole

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #5880605 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers

I've used and/or still used all of the drugs and more, I don't fit into your stereo types.

Intolerance is the backbone of prohibition/the war on drugs, why do you feel the need to propagate such attitudes?

There are no bad drugs, only bad users. ie: You cant blame crack or heroin because some users cant control their usage.
Responsibility lies with the person, not the substance.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Male User Gallery

#5880608 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

or they can use psychedelics to heal the damage from the opiates/alcohol/benzos as well

this is exactly what I ended up doing(tho I am not over the addiction I have pulled out of the extremely painful depression I was in)...I am now reintegrating myself into society...and I owe this to lsd...but I didn't even plan for it heal me the way it did...I knew it could from past experiences but I thought I was too far gone...I was just desperate and had the acid...so I figured anything was better then feeling withdrawl sober...and it ended up being the night that changed the way I look at things(not completely but I definitely see things in a more positive light)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880609 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

how did i miss represent you? i copy pasted exactly all of our PMs up to that point?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5880613 - 07/20/06 07:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

why didn't u just post that yourself? and ya I have to agree with organic I have no idea what your point is...could u clarify?

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM Happy Birthday!
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Hanky]
    #5880620 - 07/20/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

same here Hanky.

although i no longer use opiates, i don't have anything against people who do.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Asante]
    #5880622 - 07/20/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Emm.. Err..

Ehmmm..

It seems pretty obvious to me that our Opiate using members should continue to find an online home, or refuge, at the Shroomery, and to me it seems outrageous if it were decided to "let them go". Knowing the admins, that fortuately will probably not happen too.

Opiate users offer us psychedelics users a peek down the rabbithole, just like we offer a peek down the rabbithole to them. As I see it as an ODD mod, the Shroomery experience has a positive influence on reducing and preventing abuse of hard drugs for most members facing such issues.

The naive flirting with opiates by mostly our young members is a frightening trend, but it reflects what goes on throughout society, and in ODD it comes accompanied by expert advice by veteran members. On the whole, I feel, we do far more good than bad, which is convenient for a drug community website with a harm reduction agenda.

Freevibe is a fanclub of kids who make saying NO their lifestyle. If that helps them through their teenage years drugfree, hey, thats fine by me. But in contrast, I believe the Shroomery has prevented more factual abuse and bad choices than Freevibe ever did. Here you get the real dope on drugs, uncut by senseless propaganda by people who wouldn't know a drug if it bit them in the ass.

In my view we should welcome our hard drug brethren just like we do our non-drug members. We can't close our eyes to the world, and deprive them of us, or deprive us of them.
We are one people, let there be no divides between us.

Well said.

:heart: your posts.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880627 - 07/20/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

my origional point was i was just curious to see how other poeple felt.

personally i feel we shouldn't have that stuff here, like i already said "but i am a biased bigot"

if you want my reasoning i'll post it on request.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5880631 - 07/20/06 08:02 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
my origional point was i was just curious to see how other poeple felt.

personally i feel we shouldn't have that stuff here, like i already said "but i am a biased bigot"

I for one would love to hear your reasoning.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#5880632 - 07/20/06 08:03 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

--------------------

OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

#5880634 - 07/20/06 08:04 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Have we learned nothing from the mushrooms? What we need to do is love everybody regardless of what drugs they prefer. This is a community primarily devoted to the safe and informed use of psiliybin mushrooms, but anyone who wants to talk about other drugs in the Pub or ODD or even OTD should be free and welcome to do so.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5880654 - 07/20/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

due to the chronology of posting, without much fault to you, my posts, or rather pms got jumbbled.

What I was asking you is, are you sreiously seeking an answer regarding your inquiry into whether opiate users should be allowed to post at the shroomery?

I was simply asking u, "r u serious"?

this is the point of origin, the hulckle to everyone's fin.

let us proceed from here.

--------------------
Asshole

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #5880663 - 07/20/06 08:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This thread needs a poll!
Should opiate users be allowed to post here and discuss their drug of choice?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/20/06 08:21 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#5880688 - 07/20/06 08:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

down with opiate usersssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabwaaaaaaaaauahaiopieriohtskdjbnfnmsdb fsdbfjksdgf sdhymcgnlubj

where is the I dont give fuck I would rather be dead than really acknowldge this thing as a real issue on the shroomery smiley?

maybe a smiley hanging from a rope with his purple eyes bulgihng forth in an epic portest against bigots?

--------------------
Asshole

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#5880704 - 07/20/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

ah, nakor....

shut the fuck up! :evil:

--------------------
Asshole

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5880709 - 07/20/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

(sorry for the spelling mistakes, i've completely forgotten correct spelling. also, math.)

kind of snotty i know, but i'll start with what the mushrooms have taught me: that i have a limited amount of energy and an open mind, there are lots of poeple that just being in thier prescence harms me. its taught me how to avoid being around poeple that will directly or mentally harm me and how to seek and relate to poeple that compliment who i am and what i need out of life. mushrooms have given me visions of a "Better" life/world and given me the mental technology and understanding to help create such a world. (or so i feel).
On none of my trips have i learned the importance of loving everyone, although i have learned how to minimize the harm i might cause myself or others by learning to detach from poeple that i naturally conflict with.

okay so to switch gears.

although i origionally came to shroomery purely for information, i stayed because i found likeminded and otherwise complimentary poeple.
one major theme that seems to be common to psychedelic users is the desire to experiance more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. even the poeple who take psychedelics just to party and who may not be intelligent enough to see all the mental aspects, if they're serious about thier prefernce for psychedelics and not using them as just sporadic things because its drugs and they're available, even those poeple are still longing for and contributing towards something better, even if its just a better party.
if we were to sterotype poeple by the drugs they use (which seems to be pretty valid) all these things are found in psychedelic users that are not found in users of other drugs.

i should make a little note here about poly drug use, since most of use many differnt drugs. i have no problem with the other drugs being used, i think drugs are wonderful. my problem is with poeple who's preference is in the other classes of drugs i mentioned, or poeple who's lifestyles are built around those other classes of drugs.

users of other drugs tend to not have all those qualities i listed in the same amount that psychedelic users do.

so anyhow, my reasoning for not wanting to see posts/encourage shroomery members to discuss those other drugs is twofold (or really threefold).

a) i believe that the shroomery is more than an information resource. i believe we're an actual community. i think being a community being fully open to all types of drug use harms us in the sense that it dilutes the strength of those memebers that are primarily psychedelic in nature. a decreased ratio of truely psychedelic poeple (a term i'm going to use to describe poeple who have the characteristics i listed in the first paragraph) to non-truely psychedelic poeple has the same effect that the rest of the culture we're seeking to escape does: it distracts us, weakens our ability to focus on that which makes ourselves and the world a better place. lowers the probability that benificial interactions will take place and increases the chance of negative interactions taking place.

b) for poeple that are just getting into drugs, are just getting into psychedelics i believe we need to set an example. when poeple come here i would be sad if they didn't get a glimpse of truely psychedelic poeple. or if that glimpse was next to visions of less than truely psychedelic poeple. i believe part of the responsibility of the truely psychedelic people here at the shroomery is to make sure that the people who come here after us don't get mixed messages.
i feel like alot of people wind up as wasted potential because they don't have an environment that supports who they could be. i feel we should do our best to make sure that we support the truely psychedelic.

c) i find habitual users of the other drugs personally distasteful.

i'm real sorry if you disagree with me, but like i said. its just my opinion. i didn't even start this thread with this post, just a question.

edit: whats more is i don't believe its the shroomery's duty to act as an information source on non-psychedelics. there are plenty of niche resources on the web for whatever drugs you're interested in.

2nd edit: i'm having to use alot of generalizations. i think ALOT of behavior and ideas fall into the psychedelic catagory. i realise i'm coming off a little hitlerish, but thats only because its very difficult to create a general description of what constitutes a person or a post that is psychedelic vs a person or a post that isn't.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 08:58 AM)

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #5880803 - 07/20/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
edit: eh i'm going to be even less strict, and say anyone who the above drugs are thier drug of choice.

fi i had a daily supply methadone would be my daily drug of choice.  hate me for it?  disown me?

fine, just never let me in your house.  i might steal your lamp  :smirk:

i really don't care.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #5880817 - 07/20/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs are drugs. Get off the acid.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #5880827 - 07/20/06 09:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think responsible opiate use should be accepted here.

I DON'T think post like:

"I just stole my moms oxycotin pillz, should I crush it and snort it? will it fuck me up?"

Should be accepted, like it was last night. You people know who you are, FOR SHAME.

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
    #5880864 - 07/20/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The way i see it,someone with a heavy habit, could stumble in here,find psychedelics, and maybe make a life changing decision to become an acid junkie.But that cant happen if their not allowed in. :syringe: :mushroom2:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #5880903 - 07/20/06 10:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
a) im ignorant
b) i like to generalize
c) im an exclusionary
d) my chair sits higher than everyone elses cause i say so
f)uck off

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Infrared]
    #5880914 - 07/20/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. 12 86%
No. 1 07%

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5880915 - 07/20/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm. i wonder who voted no

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5880918 - 07/20/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry about it, margin of error is 7%

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5880927 - 07/20/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

lmfao like 3/4 of this community are opiate users...

I don't like them though, bad news for the most part. ;(

--------------------
:heart:

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: theuser]
    #5880931 - 07/20/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I stay away from them. I'm sure people have fun with em, but its not my bag.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #5881050 - 07/20/06 11:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Who the fuck are we to judge what people are putting into their bodies?

Drugs are drugs.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5881073 - 07/20/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i take opiates... but i dont smoke ciggarettes or drink alcohol.  i dont like cig smokers or drunks.. i think we should ban them all   

funny thing is, while my habbit may be more demonized.. its about 20times healthier than smoking cigs and drinking

just kinda funny the way people are in their biases :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5881097 - 07/20/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Infrared said:
what about me? just because i like gay sex do you think i should be excluded from the shroomery too?

no infrared, even though i'm intolerant towards junkies and don't hold them up to the same level as poeple who do shrooms everyonce in a while doesn't mean i'm also intolerant towards gays.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5881108 - 07/20/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

omg.. you do shrooms... you better go to rehab. drugs are bad .. i cant stand people who use drugs

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5881116 - 07/20/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

EVER.

"LIEK OMG SHROMZ R SEW AWESOME0rzzz BUT OTHER DRUGS R NAWT LOL :flowstone:"

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5881123 - 07/20/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Infrared said:

That's because drug elitists are about halfway retarded. Maybe a little more.

--------------------

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2] * 1
    #5881126 - 07/20/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe if you don't like the opiate users here, YOU should leave.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5881131 - 07/20/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i'm sorry that shrooms don't do enough for you guys that you think they're in the same league as heroin in terms of effects....

just curious, do you also think that DMT and oxy's are equal? salvia and alchohol?

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MrJellineck]
    #5881132 - 07/20/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. We should start a "send truekimbo2 home" fund.

--------------------

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
    #5881134 - 07/20/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Also, I see you're a homophobe. You do know that there have been many scientific studies directly correlating homosexuality with mushroom use, right?

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5881137 - 07/20/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Are you so thick as to not realize a drug is a fucking drug no matter what context you're putting it in?

"shromz maek me meet god LOL"

--------------------

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
    #5881142 - 07/20/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Get the fuck out of the Shroomery, you mushroom abuser.  Your type DISGUSTS me.  :puke:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MrJellineck] * 1
    #5881143 - 07/20/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrJellineck said:
Also, I see you're a homophobe. You do know that there have been many scientific studies directly correlating homosexuality with mushroom use, right?

Yes, I've been keeping up on those studies and the evidence is overwhelming.

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5881147 - 07/20/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

if anything this whole thread is a testament to that fact.

This thread is just pissing me off, its fucking 10:30 in the morning, its too early for so much hate. Chill.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MrJellineck]
    #5881148 - 07/20/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

shromz + weed r awesome0z

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5881152 - 07/20/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

For what it's worth:

from: http://www.radiantrecovery.com/newsletter2/sci.html (which may no longer be free to the public)

"A dose of 8 mg/kg vitamin C protected mice from a lethal dose of morphine. This dose would be about 600 mg for a 200-pound person."

"Vitamin C decreases the pain killing effect of morphine."

(this is something saved while surfing and I have no idea as to its accuracy)

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #5881191 - 07/20/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i hate to see topics about iresponsible use of drugs (no matter what drugs) that don't get called for or properly replyed to :shrug:
and i don't think there are enough responsible users that like to post warnings to kids... there are some but not nearly enough! of course each user is supposed to be an adult and reasonable but it's not always the case!

further more, this place attracts NEW drug users much more then old ones... we sometimes make it too easy or incuredge people to experiment with drugs they'd otherwise have nothing to do with...

every time i mention MDMA people incuredge me to try it!
befor i came here it was a "nono" for me... now i'm pretty sure that when i get the chance i most certenly will try it! that's not neccerely a good/bad thing though!

yeah we preach safe and responsible drug use, but not always... there's a limit to the amount of effort users can contribute on EVERY post :shrug:
at least there are enough warnings out there if people REALLY want to know...

as for using those drugs in gatherings and such... i ampethise.
i would'nt want to be exposed to crack/coke/meth/heroin I wouldn't feel safe or open around those kind of drugs (but that's just me i guess)

however i don't think ANY drug should be banned from discussion... what we DO need to do is make sure we warn every user who wants to experiment with addictive and dangerus drugs to the best of our abilety!
if you can't, simply incuredge others to do it or simple ignore :shrug:

(good post BTW!)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Simisu]
    #5881203 - 07/20/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

P.S
:shrug:

(it's almost as good as the : smirk : :smirk:)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Simisu]
    #5881213 - 07/20/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Organic]
    #5881322 - 07/20/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
A lot of psychedelic users fall into opiate/alcohol/benzo/etc addiction after many trips to "heal" their ego...this is a fact. To shut it off and deny them is to live outside of reality. We'd be bullshitting everyone if we acted like all our members do are eat mushrooms, LSD, and smoke weed.

Yep you would! I have not ever tripped. I enjoy cultivating. That's why I am here :thumbup:  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #5881326 - 07/20/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Of course we should have free discussion on opiates. Or ANY other drug. I get angry enough as it is, that everytime someone asks a question about cocaine or heroin in ODD, they get 20 "OMG! DO NOT DO HEROIN OR YOU WILL DIE" responses. Why should people have to put up with this, just to get some information?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5881477 - 07/20/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It is ignorant behavior to act in a way that judges other purely on their choice of drugs. But there is no reason you should not feel safe around anyone doing any drug. If people are violent then the drugs will exaggerate that violent behavior. If you are around people like that on drugs you shouldn't be around them off either. Yes many drugs can cause side effects that can be scary to some. Just because you pick bad company doesn't mean its the drugs fault. I have done almost every drug except psychedelics and heroin and I am here to tell you

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
although i origionally came to shroomery purely for information, i stayed because i found likeminded and otherwise complimentary poeple.
one major theme that seems to be common to psychedelic users is the desire to experiance more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. 

*interjection* You are not more capable of learning than I am or than a child with down syndrome. Do you realize that Meth is what is prescribed to ADD children to help them focus. I have had more insights/ inspiration/ and enlightenment on Meth than any other drug. If this was so bad in moderation why is our government (IN USA) feeding opiates, amphetamines, cannabis, and sedatives (i.e. Valium) to people with any type of disorder? If they were not able to be contained by people with the control to use them our Cities would be MORE chaotic.

even the people who take psychedelics just to party and who may not be intelligent enough to see all the mental aspects,.... even if its just a better party.

*I have a friend that regularly uses opiates, k, and shrooms with out any problem functioning or making ANYONE feel unsafe. SO is he less intelligent than you because he chooses to enjoy other things?

if we were to sterotype poeple by the drugs they use (which seems to be pretty valid) all these things are found in psychedelic users that are not found in users of other drugs.

i should make a little note here about poly drug use, since most of use many differnt drugs.  i have no problem with the other drugs being used, i think drugs are wonderful.  my problem is with poeple who's preference is in the other classes of drugs i mentioned, or poeple who's lifestyles are built around those other classes of drugs.

users of other drugs tend to not have all those qualities i listed in the same amount that psychedelic users do.

*these are the qualities listed desire to experience more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. 

How so you know what MY DESIRES ARE? You cant possibly. I have learned  alot in my day and I learn more everyday and strive to KEEP LEARNING. CONSTANTLY. I feel I am smarter for doing what I have done and I am THE HAPPIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN. I do make this world a better place and It is safer because I am the one that watches everyone's back, even when mine is stabbed! The difference is clear... The majority of this community does not NEED drugs to allow them to realize these things. I 
do not DO DRUGS TO MAKE ME SMARTER> I don't need to. Nor do I do them for the reasons you listed. I have all of those quality's with out using psychedelics.

c) i find habitual users of the other drugs personally distasteful.
*I find you distasteful. But I have to give credit where credit is due.  At least you are not in denial, That is the first step to changing to a happier less resentful life :smile:

edit: whats more is i don't believe its the shroomery's duty to act as an information source on non-psychedelics.  there are plenty of niche resources on the web for whatever drugs you're intrested in.
*DUTY? Who makes/ reads posts (other than moderators) because they feel obligated? We do it to help. I find it much wiser/ safer for people to grow and process (even opiates) their own drugs. They are then educated about it and know EXACTLY what they are putting in their bodies... This community is here to help each other... That's what we do! You say you want to be around people that want to learn and "make this world a safer place" Well that is what is great about this community. They make this world safer by offering information to kids/ adult that are going to try things anyways. You are discouraging this world to be safer. Would you rather have us all here *unwilling to learn more?* Since that's one of our traits. You see this is what learning is all about. We are a community... THAT SUPPORTS AND INFORMS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS. You seem to be the naive one on here AND ARE NOT FUNCTIONING AS PART OF A COMMUNITY BUT A REBEL TRYING TO CHANGE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF ACCEPTING THEM FOR WHO THEY REALLY ARE!

Thank you to those that read this. I am not trying to be a bitch here. I just hope that maybe you all will realize a HAPPIER/ HEALTHIER/ SAFER/ WAY OF LEARNING WITHOUT being insulted by ingnroance.

truekimbo2 I hope you do not take this as a personal stab at you. It is not meant to be that way although it may appear so. I believe that this is a happier/ safer way to live, and I stand up for what I believe. These are my views and opinions and I hope that you are willing to listen to others as we listen to your views!

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#5881501 - 07/20/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

no, we shouldn't accep them.

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
    #5881531 - 07/20/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

how can people still not realize that we are all equals? quit walking around with your nose in the air. quit claiming that your stereotypes are a valid form of judgement on people.

i like to shoot heroin once in a while but you have no fucking clue who I am. I don't rob people on the street. I don't suck dick for my habit. I don't try to stab my friends in the back etc.

as irresponsible as shooting heroin may be, i spent months even years studying the chemical and read books about it and how to safely inject before deciding that i wanted to try it. it is a dangerous chemical, extremely dangerous even, some may call me stupid for even toying with it, but what you have to realize is that you don't have any control over what I do...

so anyway go ahead and continue to shake your head and wish i didn't exist for all i care. you'll need to get your head out of the sand some time, and simply calling for the exclusion of people who don't think like you is fascist and retarded.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5881550 - 07/20/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i agree everything is not univeral, however i generally my statements are correct

(to clarify, i was saying i don't have a problem with polydrug abusers, you seemed to have interpreted that statement wrong)

also, my generalizations come from real life. i've lived with a methhead/dealer, i've been friends with heroin addicts, i've even hung around crackheads a little bit.
i've also hung out with k heads, shroom eaters and acid heads.
all in all, i prefer the latter groups.

edit: also, i'm not saying the drugs are bad, i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards. i'm not saying the side effects are bad, or that those drugs cause violence.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 02:14 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5881574 - 07/20/06 02:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

wow... that is the most retarded thing ive read

Quote:

however i generally my statements are correct

ummmmmm.. what?

Quote:

i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... what??

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5881576 - 07/20/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards.

Thats rather elaborate for a kamikaze yell.

People, I'm not a local mod but let's NOT turn this thread into an ad hominem flamefest, OK? A few posts back it already came way too close to a lock.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5881582 - 07/20/06 02:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you do make generalizations but I do use meth. I am by no means a drug abuser. I function in daily life, eat food every day, and I usually sleep at night (even before drugs in general I have had insomnia) Yes there are some people that are in general "abusers" and they are what give "harder" drugs a bad name. But these people will abuse any drug to "get fucked up" as their escape from reality. I don't to drugs to escape reality. I don't do a hole bunch to get super high and not be able to function. I do some here and there and it opens my mind to new ideas and allows me to look at things "outside my box" I have had problems with alcohol and opiates. And later replaced it with K and E. Then Coke. And everything between the sun and moon. But each is different and you learn from each. I have watched a close friend destroy her life in and out of rehab for heroin and coke. I have watched my best friend destroy his life because of Meth. I have destroyed mine in the past because of Opiates. And I talked someone through a panic attack last night b/c of the mental strain that psychedelics put on peoples minds especially with mental disorders. (I believe you were involved in this also) I have married and divorced a drug dealer.. My family has fought drug addictions for years. I have watched drugs destroy my family's sanity (and my own life with my own drug habits and my ex-husbands) more than once over again. My brother is in jail for being in a house where someone speed balled and died (heroin and coke). He was held reliable. My ex-husband was caught dealing and went to jail. And I am still here saying what I believe.... They were wrong for being around those people. The drugs don't make you do it. YOU MAKE YOU DO IT. But after all of these  obstacles I am now only on 1 drug. It does not consume my life but It shouldn't have to.
*Thanks for clearing that up for me. You are right but also are wrong. People who base their life around ANY drug are not up to LIFE'S standards. And "usually" fail at functioning in society.

**This isn't a sob story. I don't want pity. I only want to inform others to it doesn't happen to them and maybe they will have someone to relate to if they are going through these things. But I too speak from experience :smile:

--------------------

Edited by malarki (07/20/06 02:47 PM)

InvisiblemsJblank
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: candy land
    #5881586 - 07/20/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Opiates are fucking gay. I hate when my friends use them around me, they get all unbearable... but still, everybody does their own thing and as a "drug community" why would you outcast the worst drug of all?

--------------------
drugs are bad

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
    #5881593 - 07/20/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

don't mistake my hatred of fascist thinking as an individual attack. (i use you in the plural sense :P )

i think the poll that was posted speaks for itself. don't discriminate!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5881646 - 07/20/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

edit: also, i'm not saying the drugs are bad, i'm saying the poeple who prefer or base thier life around those drugs are not up to psychedelic standards. i'm not saying the side effects are bad, or that those drugs cause violence.

If that is the case, why shouldn't we talk about the use of those drugs here? Only through ignorance do people behave that way.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#5881668 - 07/20/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Is it lonely up there on your horse?

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5881675 - 07/20/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Junkies are subhuman. They make me want to vomit.

Yesterday on the way to school I saw a junkie I know. He weighs about 90 pounds now. He walks around the ghetto trying to scrounge up money to get his next hit. As I zoomed by I saw him try to scam a woman for money. He made pleading gestures and the second he saw that she would not respond he walked away. Fucking parasite piece of garbage.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5881736 - 07/20/06 03:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Junkies are subhuman. They make me want to vomit.

I couldnt agree more.I for some reason have a personal dislike for every last one of them.I do think that everyone should be able to do as the please and if you would like to talk about it here you should be allowed to but I know that I dont like being around those kind of people or even seeing them

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Blutjager]
    #5881772 - 07/20/06 03:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

there are users , abusers and a million different hues inbetween... i know several junkies that make me sick just thinkin about being like them.. then again i use occasionally and i am nothing like them.... i dont shoot up, i dont steal, i dont beg, i dont starve myself.... just happens that my drug of choice is an opiate deriative instead of hit of meth/coke/alcohol/gas/a gunshot to the head

pick your poison.. eventually it all comes down to the same thing

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #5881779 - 07/20/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

if this community was to lock out opiate users i would leave this place as well even if i strongly dislike opiates. for me it would be the same as if shroomery wouldnt accept black people or jewish people.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: shamantra]
    #5881791 - 07/20/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yup...i almost left cause they were talking about banning crack recipes... i fucking hate crack.. but it shouldnt be banned from discussion.. just as people with various drug preferences shouldnt be banned

this entire thread is ignorance at its finest

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5881807 - 07/20/06 03:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hahahaha, okay i didn't hear anything about that. i didn't realise its already been discussed.

crack recipies would be the perfect example for the kind of stuff i don't think belongs at the shroomery. if that has already been brought up, and decided in favor of, then i have nothing more to say. i'll still be around...

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5881818 - 07/20/06 03:51 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

good for you... you dont own this site...

you didnt hear anything about it cause it was talked about in the mod forum. well over a year ago... and i stuck up for it just on the grounds of freedom of information.. and the fact that the forum 'other drug disc.' is specifically for just that kind of talk.... soooooooooooooooo enough of your houlier than thou attitude.. it makes me sick

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5881841 - 07/20/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, and your gay shit makes me stupid, so i guess its a pretty even trade-off.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #5881844 - 07/20/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Your on your own...

Should opiate users be allowed to post here and discuss their drug of choice?
Users may choose only one (23 total votes)

Yes. 20 87%

No. 1 04%

STAL. 2 9%

Drug snobs, LOL.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5881850 - 07/20/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

my "gay shit" huh.. what would that be? am i making to much sense for you? are my reasoning skills to fair for a fascist like yourself?

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Blutjager]
    #5881874 - 07/20/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
I do think that everyone should be able to do as the please

I guess thats why we have a police state and why mushrooms and weed and everything ell's are illegal.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#5881890 - 07/20/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Infrared said:
Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
a) im ignorant
b) i like to generalize
c) im an exclusionary
d) my chair sits higher than everyone elses cause i say so
f)uck off

:rofl:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#5881891 - 07/20/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Quote:

Infrared said:

That's because drug elitists are about halfway retarded. Maybe a little more.

:lol:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#5881892 - 07/20/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
I agree. We should start a "send truekimbo2 home" fund.

:rofl2:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5882181 - 07/20/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

--------------------

Edited by matt (06/23/08 12:56 PM)

OfflineMasterOfTheToys
The Sexy
Female
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5882187 - 07/20/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:rockon:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MasterOfTheToys]
    #5882194 - 07/20/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What up resty?

--------------------

OfflineMasterOfTheToys
The Sexy
Female
    #5882200 - 07/20/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

not too much is up... all my porn got deleted :frown:

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5882247 - 07/20/06 06:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what a tragedy.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5882367 - 07/20/06 07:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

not too much is up... all my porn got deleted

Aww and mpreg furry pr0n is so hard to come by anyway :crazy:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinei2ancidsKittin
Weilii Princess
Female

Loc: metro ATL
    #5882403 - 07/20/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, as many opiate users may be occaisional users who focus on and study mycology. Just because someone may pop a few percocet every now and then doesn't mean that they don't love and respect psilocybes.

--------------------
<3
www.WEILII.COM
<3

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #5887911 - 07/22/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

EVER.

"LIEK OMG SHROMZ R SEW AWESOME0rzzz BUT OTHER DRUGS R NAWT LOL :flowstone:"

--------------------

:murray:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: blissedout]
    #5887943 - 07/22/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #7768550 - 12/17/07 08:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

a am inclined to comment t here being as i was/ still occasionally am an opiate user, more specifically oxycontin, vicodin, and percocet...the main painkillers in America. Not all at once mind you.
Anyways i use them as responsibly as you can when your abusing a prescription drug, which isn't responsible in the first place...but i consider myself a very intelligent person who enjoys smoking, and tripping more-so than pain killers because you can take a meaning away from a trip. the only thing you take from an opiate high such as oxy is an urge to do it the next day!

Painkillers are definitely considered a "harder drug" which they OBVIOUSLY are but they are also abused very frequently across the globe...especially in America, such as pot, and other drugs are...accepting someone who uses opiates doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't possible psychonauts as well....thanks "tha mage"

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #7768786 - 12/17/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

xshadowmage666x, don't be silly.

They are the spawn of hell.

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

#7770665 - 12/17/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i wouldn't mind poeple on mushrooms in my house, but i would very much mind poeple shooting heroin in my house.
also, i wouldn't mind poeple snorting E at a gathering, but i would mind poeple smoking crack.

I'd much rather have a friend over to share a crack-pipe or some opiates than have a messed up kid tripping balls on mushrooms or MDMA in my apartment.
Both crack and opiate users are much easier to be around than a psychonaut halfway to outer space.
Also: learn to spell.

:rofl: year old thread

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Edited by Nalim (12/17/07 05:54 PM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #7770845 - 12/17/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

its always nice to see an old thread bumped to the top.

should we accept them? fuck ya we should. it doesnt matter your drug of choice, the shroomery should be an open accepting internet forum for all drug users... the shroomery provides accurate information from veteran users and anonymous help/advise for those that seek it. as far as i see it, thats what this community is all about.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Nalim]
    #7770986 - 12/17/07 07:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nalim said:

I'd much rather have a friend over to share a crack-pipe or some opiates than have a messed up kid tripping balls on mushrooms or MDMA in my apartment.
Both crack and opiate users are much easier to be around than a psychonaut halfway to outer space.

I'd much rather be around some kid on MDMA or mushrooms than a tweaked out crackhead. People on stimulants are usually just fucking annoying if your sober.

Opiate users, meh, don't mind being around them as long as they aren't one of the addicts who would betray you for their next hit.

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: wildchild68]
    #7771002 - 12/17/07 07:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

We should ban all junkies Who the hell would do heroin!

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dobie]
    #7771027 - 12/17/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It's ridiculous to even have to ask a question like this. Why in the world wouldn't you except opiate users as a community?? If theres anything mushrooms have taught me it is to be open towards other ideas or ways of life and be accepting towards others.

That said i am a big fan of all opiates personally and while our group of "drug users" has its dark side, so do all other types of drug users.

OfflineRekkuzo
Lord EmperorButto
Male

Loc: Nor'East
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: opensaysme]
    #7771202 - 12/17/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Old thread is old.

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Rekkuzo]
    #7771279 - 12/17/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

idk what i posted before in here, but i snorted 30mg oxy earlier. does the general shroomery population want to accept me? ^_^

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: zSDMF]
    #7771398 - 12/17/07 08:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ok! :heart:

--------------------

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Shroomism]
    #7771443 - 12/17/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

dude, get the hell down off your high chair, then repeatedly beat yourself in the face with it. People come here for knowledge about all substances, if you have a problem with that then YOU should leave, not them.

You are NO better then anyone else, everyone has a choice and people are allowed to make that choice for themselves. Who the fuck are you to tell them what to do or how to do it?

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
    #7771693 - 12/17/07 09:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see why not. That'd be like not accepting people on this board because they like Miley Cyrus.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Boots]
    #7771855 - 12/17/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This is an old thread, but I am happy to see tolerance over this issue. Personally, I would say opiates hasn't improved my life at all, quite the opposite, but I don't think this board should be to deter or promote drug use. Just give your story as unbiased as you can and let the user decide.

Also, opiate use is pretty common among the same crowds that are eating mushrooms, so I think its quite appropriate that we talk about it in ODD.

--------------------

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
    #7771864 - 12/17/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know if as a community is should be baned but its fine by me plus the more info shared the better right( i cant see that post for some reason)

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Offlinemoses
miraclemannequin
Male

Loc: California
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dobie]
    #7771932 - 12/17/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dobie said:
We should ban all junkies Who the hell would do heroin!

lol...of all people.

But yea, I think we should accept opiate users. Why would we accept people who smoke pot all day everyday but not opiate users? Its a preference and I think you should respect people's preferences.

Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: wildchild68]
    #7772038 - 12/17/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wildchild68 said:
Quote:

Nalim said:

I'd much rather be around some kid on MDMA or mushrooms than a tweaked out crackhead. People on stimulants are usually just fucking annoying if your sober.

Opiate users, meh, don't mind being around them as long as they aren't one of the addicts who would betray you for their next hit.

I couldn't agree more...ppl on crack are the most irritating ppl in the world...can't sit still, constantly checking the windows, sometimes hiding behind a fort made of couch's and chairs, prone to violent irrational behaviour, and will steal your wallet(and pants it was in) while your sleeping and then come up with a ridiculous story of someone breaking in when you call them out on it in the morning lol

and then when you move out and forget the hydro is in your name only(/me = dumbass) they will rack up a $500 dept which I now have to pay

this was almost a year ago now and that dept is eating at my credit(had no credit beforehand) its so hard to make payments on something you never used!

hes just lucky I'm not a violent person thats all I got to say about that

anyways off topic...all drug users or no drug users as irritating as an opiate addict with that typical selfish attitude problem is or the crack head who thinks aliens are coming to steal his underwear :P

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #7772062 - 12/17/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

As a community should we accept pot users?

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #7772204 - 12/17/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

since this thread seems to be somewhat revived, just going to restate some points some people seem to have missed.

a) i'm not talking about poly-drug abusers using opiates occasionally and recreationally, i'm talking about people who use mainly opiates, and on a constant basis.

b) my concern was that at the time there were a bunch of threads on how to inject heroin and how to find it and so on.

c) saying all drugs are equal, and by extension all drug users are equal is incorrect. drugs have different effects and attract different personalities. saying that all drugs are equal is like saying all music is the same.
yes there are preferences... but here at the shroomery i expected to see a primary focus on shrooms, which i do in fact see... but i also see alot of young people that may be impressionable or in a tough spot in life who don't need to know the best way to cook up crack rocks.

i've lived with a heroin addict, a meth addict, alcoholics, and a cocaine addict. i've been friends with heroin addicts, meth addicts, cocaine addicts, ketamine addicts, pot addicts, alcoholics, mushroom users, acid users, mdma users, ayahuasca users, sante daime members, cacti eaters, robo trippers, and RC kids.
based on knowing all these different types of people is where i draw the conclusion that opiate addicts are generally lacking in psychedelic principles.
and for those who use psychedelics and then get into opiate use, would you not say that during the opiate use you had a major shift in character from when you were using psychedelics?

i've already said it once, but if you're currently not an opiate user, honestly ask yourself which stranger you'd rather be camped next to at a gathering, someone shooting heroin or eating mushrooms.

the question is excluded from opiate users because of course they'd be biased... although even then all the heroin addicts i know hate other heroin addicts and don't trust them...

--------------------

Offlinesmily
lookin 4 my ass wit both handz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Lee HO FooKs
    #7772212 - 12/17/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

why not everyone has there Vice ???? although they may post weird why not.

--------------------

CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
    #7772394 - 12/18/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Try mycotopia, maybe.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
    #7775589 - 12/18/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I mainly use opiates and have for quite some time now (up to being as strong as OC's, I wont do heroin). To say I am not addicted would be absurd. Sure I love them and do them when I get the chance, but I am far from sitting in the corner in the fetal position when I cant. I am not going to run out and rob and old lady or a store to get "my fix".

You CAN NOT just throw all opiate "addicts" into the same category and say that we are all "bad".

Please stop and THINK before you try to generalize people.

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Edited by Jamio (12/18/07 11:53 PM)

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Jamio]
    #7778349 - 12/19/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Should we except opiate users.. :strokebeard: Well, in that case, should we except closed minded individuals then? Do you know how many people (including mods, supporters, members) use opiates (along with other things) on here? It's not an epidemic by any means, BUT it IS their choice and I believe the shroomery is here for adults who make adult desissions. Isn't an adult desission, also choosing what substances enter your body? Just because jimmy does opie doesn't mean he should be pushed down the stares! Invite him for tea, or if need be, say hello and continue to pass by. As an adult, I believe that we should respect peoples choices (unless say, they rob you or be an asshole). What do YOU do? Who says we DONT except amph. users? I for one, EXCEPT a meth user, but do not EVER really want it to be in me (aside from me trying a role or two later on in life). Do you do coke? Thats a semi-synthetic. So is LSD. Whats the dif? Duration and feeling. It's STILL a mind altering molecule. As far as I'm concerned, If you can hold your shit and be responsible about it, fuck it, thats YOUR dicesion. Don't let ME tell you what to do. Of course, I WOULD suggest away from the more addicting things as they seem to have a pattern of being abused but with an addictive personality like mine, pot can be pretty addicting sometimes. Does that mean that I should be shunned because I have an addictive personality? For me, any drug could be addicting so should I SHUN all drugs? No. Responsible use is the answer and if you cant handle your mustard, make a different sandwich :bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7778391 - 12/19/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

desissions

Thats what it all boils down to really.

Quote:

thats YOUR dicesion.

Absolutely - let people D Side for themselves :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7778404 - 12/19/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No one distrusts junkies more than other junkies. Having them post here and having them in your house is two totally different things. Remember though, a lot of opiate addicts are into psychedelics, they just like different chemicals in addition. This is an open forum to share information and ideas, banning people because you disagree with their ideas goes against the whole point of having this type of site.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#7778405 - 12/19/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ask them in for tea? ya and while your in the kitchen preparing that said tea your valuables fly out the fuckin door :P

I'm just kiddin I agree that you can't group all addicts together and I believe they should be accepted here...would it be a better world without drug addiction? probably but as the US's war on drugs has proved trying to force ppl into what you believe is "best" for them just causes them to rebel further...I believe in education and acceptance and help for those who have landed themselves way over their heads with a substance and the shroomery is a great place for that education and understanding and help for a person looking to escape the confines of a drug addiction

but on the other hand I can tell you that reading threads about how great oxycontin was over and over and over again when I decided to start growing mushrooms and registered for grow info and to post pics etc played a role in my choice(and even in realizing that I had this "wonderful" substance sitting maybe 10ft away from me) I resisted for months but eventually gave in(knowing the risks and promising myself over and over and over not to let myself get addicted) and here I am on methadone still recovering from the addiction and have accepted I may NEVER be able to achieve the level of happiness I was at one point capable of again

maybe thats why I've spent so much time posting in ODD about my experiences with opiates and recommending ppl stay far away because it was the lack of these posts that in part lead to my horrible decision to use

but I refuse to blame others for my own choices...I made the choice to try it and now I have to deal with the concequences...I knew I was playing with fire and I got burned

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7778411 - 12/19/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Being on MMT sucks, ever think about lowering your dose and going on bupe?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: fapjack]
    #7778438 - 12/19/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know if bupe is available here I'm gonna look into it...I already made the decision to start coming off meth next time I see my doc(monday)

I'm currently at 90mg's

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
    #7778656 - 12/19/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Say I grew a bunch of opium poppies. Say from that, I got a half oz of raw poppy latex/opium. If I refined to pure opium, How addictive would using only Opium be? I kinda wanted to try opium since it's never been in VT for me to try but whats the risk factor of addiction with opium? Say I smoked it on the weekends. After how many weekends do you think I'd start psychologically needing to do it do you think? After reading this thread I don't know if I even want to try it but I HAD planned on planting mad poppies next year :P

HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Male User Gallery

#7782071 - 12/20/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

its really impossible to say how risky it is cause I don't know you

personality plays a role for sure and everyone reacts different to every drug

isn't raw opium known for almost collapsing china because of addiction? I remember reading an article about how this could have been exaggerated and that it may have been the illegalization of opium which lead to more addictive derivatives which caused the actual problem

but I really don't know enough about it to say either way...I wouldn't fuck around with it but thats based on my bias views towards opiates

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7782081 - 12/20/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The opium wars, whether or not it was destroying china is an opinion. According to some people marijuana is destroying America, so thats entirely relative to the individual. The rate of opium addiction was very high in China though, not sure how much though.

--------------------

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Stranger in aStrange Land
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #7782710 - 12/20/07 06:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This place should be called the druggery then. I have smoked opium before, and I might smoke it again. But since I can use the keypad alright, I don't mind going to poppies.org when I want to know something about that. Or icmag.com when I want to know something about herb. I don't really care, I just thought this place was dedicated to psilocybes, or at least psychedelics. Allowing this place to become the "druggery" explains why there are so many lame trolls here though, I imagine most of them prefer meth.

--------------------
The following statement is true...
The above statement is false.

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: sirharrynuggz]
    #7789195 - 12/22/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, I just re-read that and it sounds more harsh than I meant it to. I love the shroomery. I don't post much, but have been coming here for many years. I was a member on DroolDonkey too, before they got shut down. I would just like to see a site (doesn't have to be this site I guess) that is all about psychedelics. Like I said, there are sites just for opiates, and for herb and for just about everything else... why not post each drug inquiry to a forum dedicated to that drug? End rant.

Edited by sirharrynuggz (12/22/07 02:10 PM)

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #7789201 - 12/22/07 02:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

no

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: pong]
    #7789875 - 12/22/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

no

--------------------
The following statement is true...
The above statement is false.

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: sirharrynuggz]
    #7803012 - 12/27/07 06:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

:orly: :hitlerdance:  :hitler:  :dancinghitler:  :angrykidface:  :macdre:  :boxerface:  :mustardaccident:  :raccoon:  :whack:  :circuspanda:  :respect: :finger:  :fuckyou:

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7805288 - 12/27/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

mod edit: No flaming in the pub
//Nalim

Edited by Nalim (12/27/07 08:17 PM)

Offlinezaborav
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

Loc: West Lothian, Scotland
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #19478949 - 01/26/14 09:10 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

THE KRAT BARON said:
Many people who enjoy psilocybin also enjoy other chemicals. What's so hard to understand about this? Should a person be limited to only one specific substance?

Well, Baron - & I apologise if this thread has been idle for a long time but I am pretty new and hold strong views on this and similar subjects, being very much a socialist libertarian...
I am glad to read this. There were a couple of posts there that betrayed the writer's hypocrisy deeply. Your simple answer is really the only one when you come down to it.
How many people do you know who only ever use one single mind altering substance to the exclusion of all others, what's more, on MORAL grounds??!
I've been prescribed opioids (a LOT thereof) for - well, this is now the twentieth year; and have adored them since day #1. Such a lovely feeling that I began to investigate others both prescription and illicit practically immediately and they became, very quickly, my drug family of choive.
Does that mean I don't touch anything else with completely different effects? Of course not. Most people I know are polydrug users. About the only oine I have no time for at all is alcohol. Probably because people under its influence rapidly turn into arseholes. Boring ones who are
convinced they are amusing.

This is an Other Drugs' section after all.

InvisibleAbsolem0918
the wise fool
Male

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: zaborav]
    #19478973 - 01/26/14 09:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zaborav said:
Quote:

THE KRAT BARON said:

Well, Baron - & I apologise if this thread has been idle for a long time but I am pretty new and hold strong views on this and similar subjects, being very much a socialist libertarian...
I am glad to read this. There were a couple of posts there that betrayed the writer's hypocrisy deeply. Your simple answer is really the only one when you come down to it.
How many people do you know who only ever use one single mind altering substance to the exclusion of all others, what's more, on MORAL grounds??!
I've been prescribed opioids (a LOT thereof) for - well, this is now the twentieth year; and have adored them since day #1. Such a lovely feeling that I began to investigate others both prescription and illicit practically immediately and they became, very quickly, my drug family of choive.
Does that mean I don't touch anything else with completely different effects? Of course not. Most people I know are polydrug users. About the only oine I have no time for at all is alcohol. Probably because people under its influence rapidly turn into arseholes. Boring ones who are
convinced they are amusing.

This is an Other Drugs' section after all.

half the posters from this thread dont even post anymore.
you can resurrect old threads if you have useful information but resurrecting a thread this old is pointless man.
its 7 years old

every old thread that gets brought back up is from a new member. anyone else notice this?

--------------------

Edited by Absolem0918 (01/26/14 09:23 PM)

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Absolem0918]
    #19479000 - 01/26/14 09:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

What
The
Fuck
?

Like, forreal?

If you've got a problem with opiates, don't use them. It's as simple as that.

:facepalm:

This thread hurts my soul.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineKevinDontWave
Kiwi Cat
I'm a teapot

Loc: The Desert of the Mind
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19479050 - 01/26/14 09:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

B-b-b-blast from the past!

--------------------
:mushroomgrow::awesome2::awebigvaped::mushroomgrow:

:piggy:Pigs treat us as equals. Never wrestle with pigs.:piggy:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19479341 - 01/26/14 10:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I got excited to see truekimbo2 :awesome: and then saw the date :sad: Disappointed.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineAstral_JL
Teonanácatl

Loc: So-Cal
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Lion]
    #19479364 - 01/26/14 10:49 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
I got excited to see truekimbo2 :awesome: and then saw the date :sad: Disappointed.

--------------------
STFU and go eat some mushrooms :greenshroom:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder