Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #7772062 - 12/17/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

As a community should we accept pot users?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #7772204 - 12/17/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

since this thread seems to be somewhat revived, just going to restate some points some people seem to have missed.

a) i'm not talking about poly-drug abusers using opiates occasionally and recreationally, i'm talking about people who use mainly opiates, and on a constant basis.

b) my concern was that at the time there were a bunch of threads on how to inject heroin and how to find it and so on.

c) saying all drugs are equal, and by extension all drug users are equal is incorrect. drugs have different effects and attract different personalities. saying that all drugs are equal is like saying all music is the same.
yes there are preferences... but here at the shroomery i expected to see a primary focus on shrooms, which i do in fact see... but i also see alot of young people that may be impressionable or in a tough spot in life who don't need to know the best way to cook up crack rocks.

i've lived with a heroin addict, a meth addict, alcoholics, and a cocaine addict. i've been friends with heroin addicts, meth addicts, cocaine addicts, ketamine addicts, pot addicts, alcoholics, mushroom users, acid users, mdma users, ayahuasca users, sante daime members, cacti eaters, robo trippers, and RC kids.
based on knowing all these different types of people is where i draw the conclusion that opiate addicts are generally lacking in psychedelic principles.
and for those who use psychedelics and then get into opiate use, would you not say that during the opiate use you had a major shift in character from when you were using psychedelics?

i've already said it once, but if you're currently not an opiate user, honestly ask yourself which stranger you'd rather be camped next to at a gathering, someone shooting heroin or eating mushrooms.

the question is excluded from opiate users because of course they'd be biased... although even then all the heroin addicts i know hate other heroin addicts and don't trust them...

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinesmily
lookin 4 my ass wit both handz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Lee HO FooKs
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7772212 - 12/17/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

why not everyone has there Vice ???? although they may post weird why not.

--------------------

CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
    #7772394 - 12/18/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Try mycotopia, maybe.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
    #7775589 - 12/18/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I mainly use opiates and have for quite some time now (up to being as strong as OC's, I wont do heroin). To say I am not addicted would be absurd. Sure I love them and do them when I get the chance, but I am far from sitting in the corner in the fetal position when I cant. I am not going to run out and rob and old lady or a store to get "my fix".

You CAN NOT just throw all opiate "addicts" into the same category and say that we are all "bad".

Please stop and THINK before you try to generalize people.

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Edited by Jamio (12/18/07 11:53 PM)

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Jamio]
    #7778349 - 12/19/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Should we except opiate users.. :strokebeard: Well, in that case, should we except closed minded individuals then? Do you know how many people (including mods, supporters, members) use opiates (along with other things) on here? It's not an epidemic by any means, BUT it IS their choice and I believe the shroomery is here for adults who make adult desissions. Isn't an adult desission, also choosing what substances enter your body? Just because jimmy does opie doesn't mean he should be pushed down the stares! Invite him for tea, or if need be, say hello and continue to pass by. As an adult, I believe that we should respect peoples choices (unless say, they rob you or be an asshole). What do YOU do? Who says we DONT except amph. users? I for one, EXCEPT a meth user, but do not EVER really want it to be in me (aside from me trying a role or two later on in life). Do you do coke? Thats a semi-synthetic. So is LSD. Whats the dif? Duration and feeling. It's STILL a mind altering molecule. As far as I'm concerned, If you can hold your shit and be responsible about it, fuck it, thats YOUR dicesion. Don't let ME tell you what to do. Of course, I WOULD suggest away from the more addicting things as they seem to have a pattern of being abused but with an addictive personality like mine, pot can be pretty addicting sometimes. Does that mean that I should be shunned because I have an addictive personality? For me, any drug could be addicting so should I SHUN all drugs? No. Responsible use is the answer and if you cant handle your mustard, make a different sandwich :bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7778391 - 12/19/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

desissions

Thats what it all boils down to really.

Quote:

thats YOUR dicesion.

Absolutely - let people D Side for themselves :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #7778404 - 12/19/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No one distrusts junkies more than other junkies. Having them post here and having them in your house is two totally different things. Remember though, a lot of opiate addicts are into psychedelics, they just like different chemicals in addition. This is an open forum to share information and ideas, banning people because you disagree with their ideas goes against the whole point of having this type of site.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #7778405 - 12/19/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ask them in for tea? ya and while your in the kitchen preparing that said tea your valuables fly out the fuckin door :P

I'm just kiddin I agree that you can't group all addicts together and I believe they should be accepted here...would it be a better world without drug addiction? probably but as the US's war on drugs has proved trying to force ppl into what you believe is "best" for them just causes them to rebel further...I believe in education and acceptance and help for those who have landed themselves way over their heads with a substance and the shroomery is a great place for that education and understanding and help for a person looking to escape the confines of a drug addiction

but on the other hand I can tell you that reading threads about how great oxycontin was over and over and over again when I decided to start growing mushrooms and registered for grow info and to post pics etc played a role in my choice(and even in realizing that I had this "wonderful" substance sitting maybe 10ft away from me) I resisted for months but eventually gave in(knowing the risks and promising myself over and over and over not to let myself get addicted) and here I am on methadone still recovering from the addiction and have accepted I may NEVER be able to achieve the level of happiness I was at one point capable of again

maybe thats why I've spent so much time posting in ODD about my experiences with opiates and recommending ppl stay far away because it was the lack of these posts that in part lead to my horrible decision to use

but I refuse to blame others for my own choices...I made the choice to try it and now I have to deal with the concequences...I knew I was playing with fire and I got burned

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7778411 - 12/19/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Being on MMT sucks, ever think about lowering your dose and going on bupe?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: fapjack]
    #7778438 - 12/19/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know if bupe is available here I'm gonna look into it...I already made the decision to start coming off meth next time I see my doc(monday)

I'm currently at 90mg's

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
    #7778656 - 12/19/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Say I grew a bunch of opium poppies. Say from that, I got a half oz of raw poppy latex/opium. If I refined to pure opium, How addictive would using only Opium be? I kinda wanted to try opium since it's never been in VT for me to try but whats the risk factor of addiction with opium? Say I smoked it on the weekends. After how many weekends do you think I'd start psychologically needing to do it do you think? After reading this thread I don't know if I even want to try it but I HAD planned on planting mad poppies next year :P

HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Male User Gallery

#7782071 - 12/20/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

its really impossible to say how risky it is cause I don't know you

personality plays a role for sure and everyone reacts different to every drug

isn't raw opium known for almost collapsing china because of addiction? I remember reading an article about how this could have been exaggerated and that it may have been the illegalization of opium which lead to more addictive derivatives which caused the actual problem

but I really don't know enough about it to say either way...I wouldn't fuck around with it but thats based on my bias views towards opiates

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7782081 - 12/20/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The opium wars, whether or not it was destroying china is an opinion. According to some people marijuana is destroying America, so thats entirely relative to the individual. The rate of opium addiction was very high in China though, not sure how much though.

--------------------

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Stranger in aStrange Land
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #7782710 - 12/20/07 06:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This place should be called the druggery then. I have smoked opium before, and I might smoke it again. But since I can use the keypad alright, I don't mind going to poppies.org when I want to know something about that. Or icmag.com when I want to know something about herb. I don't really care, I just thought this place was dedicated to psilocybes, or at least psychedelics. Allowing this place to become the "druggery" explains why there are so many lame trolls here though, I imagine most of them prefer meth.

--------------------
The following statement is true...
The above statement is false.

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: sirharrynuggz]
    #7789195 - 12/22/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, I just re-read that and it sounds more harsh than I meant it to. I love the shroomery. I don't post much, but have been coming here for many years. I was a member on DroolDonkey too, before they got shut down. I would just like to see a site (doesn't have to be this site I guess) that is all about psychedelics. Like I said, there are sites just for opiates, and for herb and for just about everything else... why not post each drug inquiry to a forum dedicated to that drug? End rant.

Edited by sirharrynuggz (12/22/07 02:10 PM)

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #7789201 - 12/22/07 02:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

no

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: pong]
    #7789875 - 12/22/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

no

--------------------
The following statement is true...
The above statement is false.

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: sirharrynuggz]
    #7803012 - 12/27/07 06:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

:orly: :hitlerdance:  :hitler:  :dancinghitler:  :angrykidface:  :macdre:  :boxerface:  :mustardaccident:  :raccoon:  :whack:  :circuspanda:  :respect: :finger:  :fuckyou:

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinesirharrynuggz
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7805288 - 12/27/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

mod edit: No flaming in the pub
//Nalim

Edited by Nalim (12/27/07 08:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder