Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #26144381 - 08/20/19 10:45 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Tramadol gives u seizures

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeinrik
Stranger

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Heinrik]
    #26144393 - 08/20/19 10:53 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

150mg spaced out in 3 hours

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#26144396 - 08/20/19 10:54 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Tramadol is one of those drugs I'd be sad for myself if I was taking

InvisibleHeinrik
Stranger

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26144410 - 08/20/19 11:03 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

tramadol is love bro, why the hate?

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: larry.fisherman] * 4
    #26144412 - 08/20/19 11:03 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I *HIGHLY* recommend anyone who is thinking about messing around with opiates, for fun or otherwise, to read the entire addicts thread in physical and mental well being.  While they are a wonderful tool for specific things, the addiction potential is high.  Almost everyone who ends up in trouble with opiates started out with a doctors slip or with being careful on their mind. I know I did. 

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23267340/

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: mndfreeze] * 3
    #26144421 - 08/20/19 11:10 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

They seem great until you realize it's making you more depressed than you were before when you're not high on them. Then you start feeling sick, you think about them all the time. You can't pass a turd to save your life and your leg keeps twitching like your dog does when he's having a funny dream. Expensive too, shit. Mushrooms and acid for instance are some of the best drugs and probably the cheapest in the long run. I don't even wanna know how much a fucking tramadol habit costs😂

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26144477 - 08/20/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Only effective way to control opiate use that I know for most persons with addictive personality is grow poppys and not too much.
Let nature control the cycle.
Enjoy harvest season and say hello until next year.

--------------------
From tundra with love!

FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Heinrik] * 1
    #26144695 - 08/20/19 01:37 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Heinrik said:
150mg spaced out in 3 hours

Tell me this dude, when you started drinking (before it became an issue) were you drinking vodka? If not what made you switch to vodka? Was it because the beers didnt do the job? Didnt give you that warm feeling? Didnt give you that happy buzz anymore?

See where I'm going with this mang?

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 1
    #26144721 - 08/20/19 01:48 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

When it comes to responsible drug use try to think of it like this. Drug addiction typically develops over continuous long term usage of a substance. The user habitually uses the drug daily in most cases and this over time develops into both a psychological/substance abuse addiction as well as a chemical dependency. If youre an adult, you want to use drugs responsibly, dont abuse drugs. Let your body detox a substance before reusing otherwise you run the risk of developing a problem. If you are willing to accept the consequences for daily use, which i dont advise, tread lightly.

If you really are concerned about the life altering challenges of addiction, then best way to avoid this is obviously abstinence.

Using any substance regularly or even occasionally can be considered habitual. Whether that habit benefits or harms you is for you to conclude.

Lastly, I want to add discipline is a better tool than any, and im just some guy on the internet.

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Edited by Plain (08/20/19 01:50 PM)

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Plain] * 1
    #26144778 - 08/20/19 02:24 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Well I’m 9 years I’ve been clean once for a year. However I’ve been using it to treat my pain because I needed surgery for 5 years and they wouldn’t even give me a scan. Since then I’ve had worse pain and recently I’ve reached a high of 12mg diluadid a day and I’ve been trying to go down to 6mg. Thing is Pain management programs basically can’t do anything for you anymore because of the fake “opioid crisis” that also happens to affect real muscle relaxing pharms that can often be the only remedy for deep muscular pain so because of the opiod crisis I’ve ironically had to go way up on my opiate doses from the street because I don’t have muscle relaxers anymore. It’s ruined my life really bad, I’m essentially disabled and it just helps me get through the pain not over it.

This is all due to Trump making it a national emergency to garner votes in NH because the American Council on Science and health spells out that this is a fake emergency being confused with an influx of fentanyl and fent direvitaves and that ptsd,depression,anxiety and pain patients are suffering and either going crazy or killing themselves because all of the sudden the meds that have helped them live all these years is being reduced to near nothing myself included. That’s why every month every day I’m reminded of that fateful descion to declare a national emergency is destroying my life and many other patients lives and then when we try and speak out we are just no good dirty addicts instead of people with serious medical conditions being abandoned the US medical care system and the FDA. Even my doctors say they wouldn’t have dropped my Xanax down to less then 3mg because it was effectively treating my anxiety and ptsd episodes.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Heinrik] * 2
    #26144791 - 08/20/19 02:30 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Heinrik said:
the magic doesn't disappear unless you've been using it everyday, that's why i said "intermittent"
if you use it continuously your body will develop tolerance and it will stop working, which is a great thing, it prevents me from using it daily.

Sounds like you're going to learn the hard way and that is fine. It is your body and mind after all. For 95% of people they will make up a reason why they need to take more drugs and then they will justify taking more. Then you might have a bad day and feel down so you justify taking more for a little pick me up. Now you're wiring your brain to think you need opiates any time you feel down. Once you build a tolerance you will just take more to get the same feelings.

I've been using opiates for like 25 years and I hardly ever meet anyone that has their use under control, and if they do then it isn't for long. Addiction is sneaking up on you already.

The best thing is not being addicted to opiates or taking opiates. If you must take some kind of opiate long term then I would recommend kratom. It's better in every way except for flavor.

Good luck.

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 2
    #26144809 - 08/20/19 02:38 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Well I’m 9 years I’ve been clean once for a year. However I’ve been using it to treat my pain because I needed surgery for 5 years and they wouldn’t even give me a scan. Since then I’ve had worse pain and recently I’ve reached a high of 12mg diluadid a day and I’ve been trying to go down to 6mg. Thing is Pain management programs basically can’t do anything for you anymore because of the fake “opioid crisis” that also happens to affect real muscle relaxing pharms that can often be the only remedy for deep muscular pain so because of the opiod crisis I’ve ironically had to go way up on my opiate doses from the street because I don’t have muscle relaxers anymore. It’s ruined my life really bad, I’m essentially disabled and it just helps me get through the pain not over it.

This is all due to Trump making it a national emergency to garner votes in NH because the American Council on Science and health spells out that this is a fake emergency being confused with an influx of fentanyl and fent direvitaves and that ptsd,depression,anxiety and pain patients are suffering and either going crazy or killing themselves because all of the sudden the meds that have helped them live all these years is being reduced to near nothing myself included. That’s why every month every day I’m reminded of that fateful descion to declare a national emergency is destroying my life and many other patients lives and then when we try and speak out we are just no good dirty addicts instead of people with serious medical conditions being abandoned the US medical care system and the FDA. Even my doctors say they wouldn’t have dropped my Xanax down to less then 3mg because it was effectively treating my anxiety and ptsd episodes.

Are you gonna come into every thread and cry?

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

InvisibleHeinrik
Stranger

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #26144867 - 08/20/19 03:14 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

it's not like i'm doing heroin i don't intend to use anything stronger than trams, as long as it makes me forget alcohol and keep making me see the positive side in life i see no reason to stop.
kratom is not an option, too expensive where i live, besides it makes me feel lathergic and hungover when it wears off.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #26144879 - 08/20/19 03:20 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Opiates are very safe
They're just a painless way to commit suicide
or they get tainted

that's all realy
no live long after effects as long as you don't mix them with anything

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Konyap]
    #26144882 - 08/20/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

To name a few things opiates are safer then

Guns
Cars
HPV
Herpes
Smoking
Drinking
Suicide
Vioxx
The Army

Opiates are seen as an evil drug because of the system that wants to lock everyone away or put them into rehab programs.
Opiates made this country rich and had we not consumed them we'd still be living under the UK.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26144892 - 08/20/19 03:32 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Heinrik said:
i see no reason to stop.

That's the beginning of addiction. You should stop now.

Replacing alcoholism with an opiate addiction is not a good deal.

Everyone who uses opiates for long enough ends up addicted, and everyone who is addicted for long enough eventually wants to quit. Quit now while you're still ahead.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Konyap]
    #26144906 - 08/20/19 03:43 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:

Opiates made this country rich and had we not consumed them we'd still be living under the UK.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: nooneman]
    #26144910 - 08/20/19 03:46 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Quote:

Heinrik said:
i see no reason to stop.

That's the beginning of addiction. You should stop now.

Replacing alcoholism with an opiate addiction is not a good deal.

Everyone who uses opiates for long enough ends up addicted, and everyone who is addicted for long enough eventually wants to quit. Quit now while you're still ahead.

The chain's of habbit are to light to notice until they are too heavy to break:shrug:

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: Konyap] * 2
    #26145043 - 08/20/19 04:59 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
Opiates are very safe
They're just a painless way to commit suicide
or they get tainted

that's all realy
no live long after effects as long as you don't mix them with anything

Compared to other drug, their physical side effects can be generally safer but by no means are they safe. 

Chronic constipation, which sounds funny to someone who's never had it, can cause a massive array of long term damage and even death.  Just as one example thats not a simple 'overdose' kind of scenario.  There are a few other possible side effects as well that can be a lot more dangerous than they seem.

Opiates are safe when used PROPERLY.  This means with a doctors guidance, a set amount per day thats controlled, and pharm quality stuff, not street heroin and adulterated pills, etc. The problem is like most super euphoric drugs, self administration just isn't possible for most people out there.  That chemical hook is STRONG.

As someone who started them because of legit medical issues, enjoyed them and continued self medicating when I couldn't get scripts, and was 'under control' for years maintaining a job, etc with a fluxing habit only to a few years after lose my car, my place to stay, spending all my money on heroin just to maintain and not lose my job, etc etc please take it from me.  They are far more dangerous than they appear in the beginning.  It can years for you to really get into its grips and the worst part about it is you don't notice it during.  Hell, the first time I had legit withdrawals I thought I was just sick with the flu. I didn't connect puking at work to oxy withdrawal until months later when I got sick again after not being able to score.

I really wish more people had been around to hammer this shit into me back then.  I have a decade of slow spiraling into oblivion I lost. 

I will say this again.  Drugs are all tools.  No matter the drug.  But some tools are far riskier than others.  Use opiates when you NEED opiates.  There are lots of other chemicals you can get high from.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Are opiates really life destroying? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26145052 - 08/20/19 05:02 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Are opiates not more dangerous when used with other drugs due to like the slowing the respiratory system?
Idk I'm just guessing like

--------------------

Edited by Bumholio (08/20/19 05:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder