Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Easy way to make shoebox monos with cakes [Re: ChardRich]
    #26095884 -

You're good. Side pins are just... a pain in the ass. The fruits are fine. The reason I see for sidepins is the shrinkage of your substrate, which created a nice little micro-climate in the sides that the mushrooms were like "This is awesome" so started growing there. The shrinkage likely came from how you prepped it one way or another. I've seen that wetter substrates tend to get *squeezed* a little more by the mycelium. This isn't scientific information though, I only have anecdotal information.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Easy way to make shoebox monos with cakes [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26098186 -

I'm following the same tek as ChardRich and I think my substrate is probably a bit over-saturated also.

I have 11 shoeboxes. 6 GT and 5 Classic PF. The GTs are looking good and spreading the spawn, the Classic PF is barely growing.

The boxes are 8, 5, and 1 day old. Only a couple tiny shrooms in one of the 8 day GT boxes so far.

Do you recommend that I try to dry it out by leaving the lids open?
What do I do with the sidepins? Do I dig them out? How do I know they're ready?

First time I've tried this, so total noob.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Easy way to make shoebox monos with cakes [Re: Yoguy]
    #26098204 -

Yoguy said:
Do you recommend that I try to dry it out by leaving the lids open?
What do I do with the sidepins? Do I dig them out? How do I know they're ready?

First time I've tried this, so total noob.



Flip the lid for 8 hours, then check and see if it's dried up some based on color change. If it's lighter color, put the lids back on properly.

Harvest side pins like anything else, just be careful not to break up the substrate while doing so. They're ready the same time all other mushrooms are ready: right as the veil breaks. I recommend turning them into tea, because I like tea better than eating them. You can do whatever you like with the sidepins though :wink:

We're all noobs at heart. Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Casing shrinkage Black_Dog 946 14 08/16/08 09:09 AM
by SLAG
* cake shrinkage pleezr 978 1 12/30/01 04:29 PM
by puscle
* Fruiting Grow Box, many Sidepins, remove the container its in? TerenceMcKennaii 710 4 01/28/21 07:08 AM
by polaritymind
* Questions about Sidepinning. Pics included CarbonCat 2,893 17 06/22/13 06:42 PM
by Growth
* What to do about sidepining. Beebo 1,836 12 02/07/08 04:25 PM
by Gretchenmeister
* Making shoeboxes
( 1 2 3 4 ... 731 732 )
mushboyMDiscord 690,938 14,635 05/30/26 07:48 AM
by wearetheborg
* My Cake Seems to only Sidepin Heeelp Nemesis42 540 5 11/19/17 12:58 AM
by Nemesis42
* Which mushroom strain grows heavy, dense, little shrinkage when dried? crakkattak 2,884 15 12/15/06 10:31 PM
by Blutjager

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,074 topic views. 9 members, 126 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.