Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need help identifying mushroom
    #26062124 -

Habitat:
Hot summers, central Washington

Put monotub remains in a pot with a houseplant. Mushroom is growing but looks different from what I grew.

Other information:

Sorry for the limited information, but here is what happened.

I grew the species  “Malabar” in a monotub and when it was time to dump it I put a bunch of it into a planter pot, & some into the dirt on the side of the house.

What I put into the pot had no pins showing, but a chunk that I put into the dirt in the yard had a pin showing. Being paranoid someone would see the mushroom grow, I decided to transfer it from the ground to the planter pot.

To disguise it even more, I decided to put a plant (Setcreasea) in the pot with the monotub/possibly some ground mixture. This plant has been sitting in water only in my house, had some previous dirt on the roots from when I first purchased it (Amazon)

It has been a few weeks, and the pin that was showing stopped growing, but today I noticed this popping out from under the plant.

It does not look like the mushroom I grew in the monotub at this moment, but what are the chances that it could be a different type of mushroom growing in there? And if it is, what is it?

The first 2 pics are of the mushroom in question

The last pic on the right you can see the dead mushroom pin that I was discussing first; and in the middle of the dirt you can see a mushroom head growing up that looks like what I am used to.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need help identifying mushroom in NW PA! cottlestonpie 1,425 1 08/09/03 08:13 PM
by Gumby
* which deadly posionus mushrooms grow in western WA state? bigj2647 6,448 14 04/25/03 03:19 PM
by Anonymous
* how do i tell if wild mushrooms are psycho active, edible... Told 6,405 7 05/14/03 10:26 PM
by Remy
* Mushroom ID Help Needed
( 1 2 all )
Clockwork 15,069 29 01/22/18 08:27 AM
by majicman30
* Are there any speicies of mushroom that have... Ase 2,667 14 04/12/03 10:06 AM
by Anonymous
* help w/mushroom ID poopheadman 1,635 6 07/03/03 12:02 PM
by angryshroom
* Re: i ate an unidentified mushroom:confessions
( 1 2 all )
Captain Jack 9,112 25 02/06/00 01:46 AM
by Anonymous
* brisbane, australia.. mushrooms
( 1 2 all )
brizvegasguy 11,632 37 03/03/03 05:43 PM
by blaze2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
105 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 36 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 15 queries.