Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ?
    #25971981 -

So I have MY FIRST EVER monotub in progress, I am cultivating the commonly known strain know as GT (Golden Teachers)
This mono was birthed on the 19th, fully colonized with in 10 days, now I am waiting. Since I thought I for SURE would have seen some pins by now I decided to make a few changes to the surrounding environment to improve FAE conditions. The reason I believe I was lacking FAE is because you can see water droplets all throughout the surface of the monotub. I first thought this was a problem so I started to just lay off on the misting but then I noticed that it started pulling from the sides and I didn't want it to shrink or get dried out so I continued two missed once every two days after doing this for about a week and fanning it 2 times per day and you're not seeing any pins I decided that I had to make a move. I loosened the polyfill on the bottom and I placed a fan on the corner all of the tables that my tub is sitting on on a low setting so that the air rides along the walls and gently hits the sides of my mono hopefully traveling through the polyfill allowing enough Fae. No this is my first grow as I stated if anybody sees anything wrong or thanks I am making any mistakes please let me know right now.


Edited by IAmChefMo (05/04/19 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25971985 -

Looks like you drenched it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25971986 -

Not even, I dont even spray the surface directly , I hit the walls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo] * 1
    #25971988 -

Well it's drenched :shrug:

Walls don't grow, don't spray walls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25971993 -

It looks as if you’re over misting from the way your surface looks in the last pic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Jxshy12]
    #25971996 -

What he said ^^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25972003 -

Was your substrate over field capacity?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25972069 -

Spraying the walls helps keep up RH in the tub.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Jxshy12]
    #25972071 -

What do you mean by this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25972079 -

when you prepared your substrate to mix with spawn, was the substrate too wet? From all the pictures you’ve provided, it looks exactly as what Bod said (Drenched) the mycelium on top gets like that when too wet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Jxshy12] * 1
    #25972083 -

Also Bod is pretty much a god damn genius when it comes to this stuff and I highly suggest checking out the “Everything you need in one spot” post, none of his TEKs have let me down if followed properly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Jxshy12]
    #25981835 -

Here are some more pins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25981858 -

that's really wet bro leave it alone and don't spray it for a few days.


:rollsafe:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Tornarsuk]
    #25981885 -

Fuck I litterlly just misted, I'll give it a good fan. I read that beads are good and to always use a flash light to look for glistening

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25982123 -

You don't need tub rh, you need proper surface conditions. RH is irrelevant if surface conditions are wrong. This is why hygrometer are useless and this is something you will only learn through hands on experience.


--------------------

My no pour Petri TEK - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27252059/page/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25982175 -

IAmChefMo said:
Fuck I litterlly just misted, I'll give it a good fan. I read that beads are good and to always use a flash light to look for glistening



You want evaporation though...that's the #1 pin trigger. Let some of that beading dry out and then lightly mist. :thumbup:


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: IAmChefMo]
    #25982194 -

IAmChefMo said:
Spraying the walls helps keep up RH in the tub.



Really, I have never read that anywhere.


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: newtomyc]
    #25982320 -

newtomyc said:
IAmChefMo said:
Spraying the walls helps keep up RH in the tub.



Really, I have never read that anywhere.



It helps peg out his hygrometer on the wall he keeps spraying down lol. Someone somewhere taught him that ambient air RH is equal to surface humidity which is what we are going for. There are a lot of 15 to 20 years old techniques that teach this archaic information, it's wrong and irrelevant.


--------------------

My no pour Petri TEK - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27252059/page/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: Professor X]
    #25982500 -

pins like evaporation.

I would put a light covering layer of verm on top and leave the lid cracked open or some vent holes opened up.  Check your mister, it should be a fine mist. You want a fine mist that barely covers your tub, 2-3 times a day.

I do one good spritz toward each wall--from 2 feet way away--on a downward angle--2-3 times a day.  If your tub is too dry, pins will often form near the walls, if the walls are also misted--making for an easy indicator of a dry tub.   

You can stop using the fan, chances are it isn't creating FAE.


--------------------
“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IMPROVED FRUITING CONDITIONS, THOUGHTS ? [Re: pickle jar pete]
    #25982506 -

pickle jar pete said:
pins like evaporation.

I would put a light covering layer of verm on top and leave the lid cracked open or some vent holes opened up.  Check your mister, it should be a fine mist. You want a fine mist that barely covers your tub, 2-3 times a day.

I do one good spritz toward each wall--from 2 feet way away--on a downward angle--2-3 times a day.  If your tub is too dry, pins will often form near the walls, if the walls are also misted--making for an easy indicator of a dry tub.   

You can stop using the fan, chances are it isn't creating FAE.



So, wetting the walls 2 to 3 times per day will create the proper surface humidity for evaporation to take place and pinning to occur? Fans are great to help with this if you're set up for it but what you are describing sounds like drowning your sub and making puddles along the walls beneath your sub. Your hygrometer is a liar and you need surface humidity not tub humidity. While you can't have the first without the second you can definitely have the second without the first.


--------------------

My no pour Petri TEK - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27252059/page/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Prepinning in fruiting conditions? f8L 4,026 9 09/28/02 10:38 PM
by f8L
* Colonization after pin/fruiting conditions established. Che_Night_Soil 4,158 6 04/16/03 09:16 AM
by Che_Night_Soil
* fruiting conditions eoPh 2,136 1 02/11/03 01:38 PM
by dr4g0n
* Fruiting Trays....? DannyBoy 13,716 6 07/25/09 04:19 PM
by thebosko
* TC's fruiting like mad....EQ wont pin...any help? SKSguy 662 2 05/20/03 09:52 AM
by tak_old
* Same fruiting chamber? Cakes and cases... Theta 2,671 4 11/01/02 02:52 PM
by StS
* Which strains pin and fruit EASIEST?
( 1 2 all )
Fd3000 10,625 21 08/30/02 06:22 AM
by blacktarropium
* How to get temerature LOW enough for fruiting? Fd3000 3,278 14 07/02/02 03:57 AM
by Fd3000

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
569 topic views. 14 members, 114 guests and 104 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.