Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grow Light, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineeoPh
scruffy hippyboy

Loc: the magical land of canad...
fruiting conditions
    #1300136 - 02/11/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okie dokie

Right now, as it stands, my terrarium is maintaining a temperature in the range of 66-70, and a humidity of 93%. Last wednesday, I started to notice some larger-than-tiny pins, and today, the tallest one I've got is almost 2 inches tall. Currently, the terrarium is set up in my room, which may account for the temperature, but I seriously can't live in anything higher than what it is. I've been pondering moving the terrarium to the furnace room, which gets to about 83 when the furnace is running, and about 75 or so when not. Would this be a better environment for the cakes? One thing I was thinking about is that the air in there might be a little stale, would this have much effect? (of course, this is merely a subjective observation. It's a little warmer in there than I'm used to, which might make me think the air is stale...)

My second question is, would a light of some sort (maybe one of those red grow lights, I think a buddy of mine has one that he's not using...) help much with the fruiting, if I set it up on the same timer as my humidifier (15 mins every 2 hours)?

And my third and final question of the post is.... I've got a cake that's been sitting in my terrarium for a week, doing squat all. It seemed pretty dry when I birthed it, but I thought that a nice humid terrarium would do it good. No visible contams at all, but no visible pinning either (not even any really fluffy mycelium). Would a night in the dunk tank be of any use, or should I just sit back and be patient?

If these questions are covered in a FAQ, I will hang my head in shame and humbly appologize for wasting anybody's time.

--------------------
[I do not, nor have I or will I ever grow mushrooms; the mushrooms grow themselves]

"You say nothing's right but natural things
Ah, you fool
Poison oak is a natural plant
Why don't you put some in your food"
(Jefferson Airplane, "Eat Starch Mom")

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedr4g0n
sleeps withdragons

Re: fruiting conditions [Re: eoPh]
    #1300242 - 02/11/03 03:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

just get an under tank heating pad or something, but yes it will do a lot better in your furnace room

--------------------
Talk to my Aol Instant messenger robot, screen name YakSpuiT
http://www.canivour.net/~yakspuit/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grow Light, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation