Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Possible trich? Also purple spot
    #25884716 -

Hi there, this is my first grow and i started with the shoebox tek but i had terrible surface conditions and ended up having to fruit the whole thing like a cake. Someone on here mentioned the top of my "cake" looks like trich is forming because the mycelium looks puffy. What do you think? Also if it does have trich can i not keep any of the mushrooms ive harvested from it?





Also this area has a purple mark but i believe it's just spores from the corner mushroom. Am i correct?



Thanks!


--------------------





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Packerbacker12]
    #25884781 -

The purple is spores the mushrooms are fine to eat.  Trich is green, if it happens pick the mushrooms and throw the rest away.


--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: impatientguy]
    #25884835 -

Thanks! For future reference is that the case with most contams? Pick what you have and throw it out? Or are there some that you shouldn't mess with the mushrooms at all?


--------------------





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Packerbacker12]
    #25884867 -

It depends on how the mushrooms look, all subs have a little bacteria, but the mushrooms usually come up unscathed.  If they look off or smell off pitch them.


--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: impatientguy]
    #25885343 -

My mushrooms smell fine but some of them are super twisted haha. Is that okay?


--------------------





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Packerbacker12]
    #25885945 -

Yep


--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: impatientguy]
    #25891080 -

Agreed. The purple area is spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: terrapinmcmuffin]
    #25893002 -

I haven't noticed any green spots yet but o I know trich isnt always green. How would I know if I had it?


--------------------





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Packerbacker12]
    #25893214 -

Texture is the key, not the colour, it starts off white for a start..If it looks powdery then its bad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25893819 -

Trich will usually start white and turn green later. You can still spot the trich because it's a much brighter, thicker white than the myc. Sometimes you can pull a couple additional days out of a substrate by cutting the contam out if you get to it early, but usually comes back.


--------------------
Burt Cocaine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: Packerbacker12]
    #25894112 -

Packerbacker12 said:
I haven't noticed any green spots yet but o I know trich isnt always green. How would I know if I had it?



It starts white, but always turns green.  Usually within hours of spotting it.


--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: impatientguy]
    #25897183 -

Trich is like the terminator, I had some a couple weeks ago on a tray. I dumped rubbing alcohol on the half dollar sized spot, has been gone for 1 1/2 weeks thought I won. Today saw a dime sized spot in the exact location it was before


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: heaze2010]
    #25897840 -

heaze2010 said:
Trich is like the terminator, I had some a couple weeks ago on a tray. I dumped rubbing alcohol on the half dollar sized spot, has been gone for 1 1/2 weeks thought I won. Today saw a dime sized spot in the exact location it was before



This is old, but might help if you're trying to grab a few more fruits. Some people have more success (usually still temporary) with salt.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1353733#1353733


--------------------
Burt Cocaine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possible trich? Also purple spot [Re: shaggyp]
    #25897856 -

That's exactly what I was doing just buying time lol until I got a flush out of it since there was already knots. But I threw it in the outdoor bed this morning there was a dozen or so small pins popping there heads up but I said F it. It seemed like it might of spread downward inside the tray.

But that link is much appreciated, I guarantee at some point down the road I'll deal with it again and I'll go the salt route.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Purple spots? mitemouse 1,347 6 01/06/04 05:07 AM
by MAIA
* Purple spots on cakes? pics nanok66 1,702 5 04/17/07 11:05 PM
by jeetered
* purple/pink nasty can use with outdoor tek? mistersquid 766 1 09/14/05 08:06 PM
by mistersquid
* Purple WBS ESanceOfCyan 1,049 7 11/23/05 07:24 PM
by ESanceOfCyan
* Purple on the cake? Mike177 613 3 02/24/05 07:55 PM
by The_Green_Glow
* A journey with Trich faceyneck 2,107 2 02/23/07 09:31 AM
by RogerRabbit
* TINY spots of trich on popcorn? lemunhed 1,667 3 06/18/05 12:57 AM
by deanofmean
* First time casing, small dark green fuzzy spots...trich? LSDilocybin 2,098 3 09/29/05 02:43 AM
by LSDilocybin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
624 topic views. 11 members, 48 guests and 195 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.