Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Purple WBS
    #4965889 -

So I went to look into my incubator and found that several of my WBS jars have  purple spots on them, and one with some yellow.
I let them go separated for a few days with little change. Last night I decided I would open one in the bathroom and preform a "Lab whiff". The smell was fruity! Whats up?
Anyone with this contam.... with pictures?
Any ideas of what type it could be?
I did a 24hr soak/no simmer and then PC'd all the jars with tyvek, tape and coffee filters.(Oven Tek inoculation)
Any suggestions??? I have 10 pounds soaking at this time.
Thanks :bongload:


--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4967316 -

at what psi and for how long did you pc?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: waixingren]
    #4968781 -

sounds fucking wierd as fuck.


--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4968923 -

15psi for 60 mins.


--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4969205 -

The oven tek is a waste of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4971665 -

Oven tek is the same as open air. :thumbdown:

Sounds like you either slid some crud in with the needle :syringe:, or have a bad syringe :syringe:. :rolleyes:

Rather than oven tek......next time. :stoned:

Just pour some alc on a handfull of polyfil, cotton, or gauze.

When you uncap the needle, wrap it in that alc soaked wad.

Rub the wad on the top of the jar, then feel with the needle for the hole & push in the needle.

Lower the wad, right along with the needle, until the wad is touching the lid.

Squirt..swivel needle........squirt....ect.

When you pull the needle back out, pull it up into the wad.

Repeat until syringe is empty.

Keeping the needle wrapped in that wad, acts like a condom & the needle never gets exposed to open air. :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: agar]
    #4973519 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Purple WBS [Re: metasin]
    #4973687 -

That is a sweet way of going about it, Thanks Agar.
When I knock-up my jars I use a disinfectant wipe or alcohol-soaked paper towel to whip off and conceal the needle between inoculation holes, then flame the needle between each jar. I will try your suggestion, but was this not a sterile enough procedure?
I Did a 24hr soak/No simmer. Used tyvek. I think that PC'ing my jars for only 60 mins may be the culprit, also I only had enough foil to cover 5 jars so the rest were just covered in Tyvek&Coffee-filters.


--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 6th time I've failed on Qt. WBS jars....could it be the WBS I use? gregk 5,499 14 05/31/09 08:24 AM
by rickstaR
* Purple Contamination BrekkFu 1,378 0 03/18/06 07:47 PM
by BrekkFu
* purple/pink haze? kindadank 2,628 7 10/13/03 08:03 PM
by MAIA
* Purple Contamination BrekkFu 1,625 7 07/21/05 08:49 AM
by Hotnuts
* 3rd Attempt @ WBS jars - CONTAMED?? [pic] ke1n 1,602 4 02/20/06 08:05 PM
by lardnar
* Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY
( 1 2 3 all )
Ryche HawkV 34,108 42 04/23/22 11:05 PM
by Imatryin
* purple bruising???? beautiful_loser 4,549 6 10/21/02 05:46 AM
by DERRAYLD
* possibly contamd needle? Lao 517 2 12/14/05 12:42 PM
by demiu5

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,049 topic views. 14 members, 58 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.