Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
purple bruising????
    #977562 - 10/20/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I got my 4th flush today on a grow kit, and the shrooms were very big, I only got about 5 mushrooms on this one. My question is that all the mycelium turned a deep purple color, and there was a little bit of purple fuzz on the stems. When I picked the shrooms they bruised the same deep purple color (when before it always bruised blue). I saw another post about purple contaminate, and I am just curious if this is the same contaminate (so I should just ditch the shrooms from last flush) or if this is normal for the last flush (and keep the shrooms).
Please help ASAP

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: purple bruising???? [Re: beautiful_loser]
    #977601 - 10/20/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Cubensis spores are a deep purple color. If you have had mature fruit growing, and didn't pick the mushrooms before they dropped spores, you will have purple 'stains' from the spores.

If you look at the post about the purple contaminate, you will notice that the cakes have no mature fruit, which means the purple is not from cubensis spores.

Take a damp paper towel and softly wipe at the purple areas... if some of it rubs off onto the paper towel, it is probably just spores. If it doesn't rub off, then you probably have contamination.

For spores to be there, the caps have to be open and the viels broken.

Donno about the purple bruising... without a microscope it will be hard to know for certain.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Re: purple bruising???? [Re: Seuss]
    #977645 - 10/20/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I had literally picked the shrooms about 5 minutes before posting. Now that I look at them the purple bruising has now turned to blue. And they were fully mature when I picked, the veils had broken sometime last night I assume, so today the caps were almost upsidedown (pointing up instead of down). Well, thats a huge relief that it was just the spores. I threw out the kit, though, but I figure I cant get more flushes anyway. I did the paper towel thing and most of the purple did rub off. So, you think these will be safe to eat? This is my first time growing by the way, incase you couldnt tell, lol.

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: beautiful_loser]
    #977820 - 10/20/02 07:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Re: purple bruising???? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #978641 - 10/21/02 02:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, there was some purple dust like stuff on some areas of the stems, actually, only 2 of the stems, and the mycelium in the areas under the shrooms had a lot of deep purple dust. It looked nothing like the pics in the other purple contam. thread though. Great, now Im confused. Is this a contam, or spores? Every veteran post your opinions on this, please.

--------------------
---Steven Wright

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: purple bruising???? [Re: beautiful_loser]
    #979029 - 10/21/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Spores.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: purple bruising???? [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #979079 - 10/21/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you said in a previous post that when you woke up everything was purple and the caps had turned up??
well like dreamatrix says, deffinatelly spores.
Rub your caps and you`ll see the purple will rub off.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract