Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
First time casing, small dark green fuzzy spots...trich?
    #4723843 - 09/28/05 02:14 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hi, I've grown only a few times before this, but with cakes. Never had a contam with them. I bumped up to bird seed and coco coir and its been abour 4-5 days since i fruited it, i just fanned a little while ago and i noticed some dark greenish fuzzy spots on the casing. There isnt that much that i can see at all, so if it is contams i think this is catching it early. Im not sure if it is trich or something else, but i really dont want this grow to be thrown out. I have 2 trays going in the same fruiting chamber and both have little areas of small spots of the green stuff. What do you think it is and what should i do to try and stop it?

i did search around for help on fighting trich and people have said to scoop it out with a sterile spoon then spray with H2O2 or put down salt on it.

ok...i stopped typing and went and just treated it really quickly. I wiped down some tweezers with alcohol then i just pulled the dark green fuzzy stuff off of the surface of the casings. there really wasnt that much at all, tweezers was all i needed(told you it was small, plus i didnt want to disturb the mycelium if i didnt have to...by scooping with a spoon i would have scooped mycelium too). then i misted the whole casing with 1:10 h2o2:h20

anyone think this was ok to do, or was it a desperate half assed job that wont do much in the long run? i just didnt want to take a big scoop out of my casing if it wasnt necessary. please help me out and let me know what to do for certain next time it shows up(atleast im sure it will, hope not though)

thank you very much

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time casing, small dark green fuzzy spots...trich? [Re: LSDilocybin]
    #4724048 - 09/28/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

adding lime will raise the Ph, trich doesnt like high ph

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: First time casing, small dark green fuzzy spots...trich? [Re: blackout]
    #4724431 - 09/28/05 08:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The green was only the spores. The trich mycelium was below. I recommend against trying to remove it. You only cause the green spores to become airborne and spread. I'd suggest moving it outdoors to finish up. Next grow, be sure to provide more air exchange. Trich thrives in stale, still air. Also as said, adding lime will help as most contaminants of mushroom culture prefer a low ph, while mushroom mycelium can tolerate a higher ph.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
Re: First time casing, small dark green fuzzy spots...trich? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4729724 - 09/29/05 02:43 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

roger, you mean there is trich below the casing surface and the fuzzy green that im seeing is the spores the contam is producing? :confused: if thats the case, then will the mushrooms even grow?  and if they do, wouldnt they be safe to eat since shrooms grown from a trich contammed casing arent toxic(or so i read).  It honestly does not even look bad at all, just very very very small ass spots, i mean i removed them with tweezers, thats how small they actually are, you couldnt even see them unless you looked really close(which i did, cuz i was inspecting).  Do you think it is really as bad as you are thinking? i mean whenever i mist all i smell is fresh mushroom smell, no nasty contam at all..

i think it may be too cold here to fruit outside, or i definitely would do it..but im willing to give it a try if i dont see pins in about a week, im in northern IL/Southern WI.  I could always put one tray outside, and just keep at the other tray inside i guess, and if the trich spores spread too much then i can just put both out.  if its too cold i guess its too cold, no big deal, can always grow again( but :frown: )

thank you for the replies, they are much appreciated. ill have to look into lime, im not even sure what it is yet.

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate