Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | Last >
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25803899 -

Quote:
I'm not arguing this point.  As I said before, I realize that white supremecists feel more comfortable with their own kind.  Though I personally prefer higher median wage since I get along just fine with immigrants.



What makes them white supremacists?


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25804066 -

vault123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
vault123 said:
1.  Reduced social cohesion:

https://politicalscience.ku.dk/staff/Academic_staff/?pure=en%2Fpublications%2Fethnic-diversity-and-social-trust(38776931-9a45-4aff-a91a-c188f97e3155).html
https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration



I'm not arguing this point.  As I said before, I realize that white supremecists feel more comfortable with their own kind.  Though I personally prefer higher median wage since I get along just fine with immigrants.



What makes them white supremacists?



Maybe that's the wrong word, but many people are perfectly comfortable with immigrants, while some aren't.  I don't know why.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25804099 -

War has been breaking out fairly severely in South and Central America for a long time.  So it's vital we do have security and can track people in the country.  I'm not saying tag people but I think DNA is a vital part of this.

I wouldn't rebel against these people as much as it's important to contribute to the system.  Otherwise it will never favor us and we'll never have peace at our death.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #25804173 -

Mycolorado said:
qman said:
Mycolorado said:
:lolwut:



You don't think Europeans discriminated against other Europeans that immigrated to the US?  Ask the Irish how welcoming the US was for them, that reality has NOTHING to do with "white supremacy".



lol...Based on the following statement, you would likely have been one of those individuals doing the discriminating.

qman said:
I've been against BOTH legal and illegal immigration.



You’re coming off as all kinds of mixed up and conflicted. :shrug:  You might need some therapy. :lol:



Why would I have been a person that discriminated against the Irish?  You do realize being against immigration for economic purposes isn't bigotry? 

Also, I don't see any contradiction in what I'm stating. At this point in US history, I don't think any form immigration serves to benefit the majority of US citizens.

"might need some therapy"

I see you're still getting personal and emotional over a discussion that doesn't warrant it. Can I ask your age?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25804175 -

Mycolorado said:
In reply to your previous statement, you stated no facts and opinions simply do not “check out”. :shrug:

My above comments aren’t cheap shots, they are in and of themselves a rebuttal that point out, that qman, by his own words, falls into the category of someone who discriminates.  Those people, as I’m sure you’re painfully aware, do so out of fear and ignorance.



What makes me "falls into the category of someone who discriminates"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman] * 1
    #25804184 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
So if there's a shortage of a skilled labor, why not offer more money and people will leave their current jobs and work for your company. Demand should cure the shortage, it's not that complicated.



How many times do I have to explain game theory?  If my company paid more to attract skilled workers, then competing companies would pay more to keep them, and we'd still have a shortage of labor, except everyone would be paying more.  Problem not solved, and most companies understand that.



You do realize the stronger company wins that competition for labor?  If the worker provides a great return on investment for the business, it's a no brainer to offer more and increase profits as a result. Companies still do it when needed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25804186 -

qman said:
Mycolorado said:
qman said:
Mycolorado said:
:lolwut:



You don't think Europeans discriminated against other Europeans that immigrated to the US?  Ask the Irish how welcoming the US was for them, that reality has NOTHING to do with "white supremacy".



lol...Based on the following statement, you would likely have been one of those individuals doing the discriminating.

qman said:
I've been against BOTH legal and illegal immigration.



You’re coming off as all kinds of mixed up and conflicted. :shrug:  You might need some therapy. :lol:



Why would I have been a person that discriminated against the Irish?  You do realize being against immigration for economic purposes isn't bigotry? 

Also, I don't see any contradiction in what I'm stating. At this point in US history, I don't think any form immigration serves to benefit the majority of US citizens.

"might need some therapy"

I see you're still getting personal and emotional over a discussion that doesn't warrant it. Can I ask your age?



I think its funny that it seems that the mod turns a blind eye to the routine personal attacks against you:lol: his posts dont even address your points and he just brings up your character and personal life. Especially when considering that talking about you personally is clearly against the rules:lol:

Edited by MagicMush123 (02/10/19 05:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #25804219 -

Mycolorado said:
qman said:
Mycolorado said:
:lolwut:



You don't think Europeans discriminated against other Europeans that immigrated to the US?  Ask the Irish how welcoming the US was for them, that reality has NOTHING to do with "white supremacy".



lol...Based on the following statement, you would likely have been one of those individuals doing the discriminating.

qman said:
I've been against BOTH legal and illegal immigration.



You’re coming off as all kinds of mixed up and conflicted. :shrug:  You might need some therapy. :lol:



Why would I have been a person that discriminated against the Irish?  You do realize being against immigration for economic purposes isn't bigotry? 

Also, I don't see any contradiction in what I'm stating. At this point in US history, I don't think any form immigration serves to benefit the majority of US citizens.

"might need some therapy"

I see you're still getting personal and emotional over a discussion that doesn't warrant it. Can I ask your age?



I think its funny that it seems that the mod turns a blind eye to the routine personal attacks against you:lol: his posts dont even address your points and he just brings up your character and personal life. Especially when considering that talking about you personally is clearly against the rules:lol:



Like I stated, these topics have NOTHING to do with us personally. It doesn't matter how immigration may or may not affect you, that's NOT the point of the discussion.

Usually when someone attacks another person during a discussion in politics, it's because they're emotional and have a sense of losing control of their position.

If you notice, myself or Fal never engage in that type of childlike behavior during our discussions.

Edited by qman (02/10/19 05:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25804271 -

Fal kinda does that as well when he edits users posts to make fun of them. Like when he removes x and x and replaces it with "white supremacy" or "racists" or whatever. I feel like i don't engage in those tactics as well and try and discuss the topic at hand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25804314 -

MagicMush123 said:
Fal kinda does that as well when he edits users posts to make fun of them. Like when he removes x and x and replaces it with "white supremacy" or "racists" or whatever. I feel like i don't engage in those tactics as well and try and discuss the topic at hand



I think many on the left almost feel they're entitled to slander and verbally insult people they disagree with because they believe they're morally superior, which in fact makes them actually morally inferior in that case. :lol:

Trump's presidency has really done a tune on many of these people, talk about losing it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25804611 -

MagicMush123 said:
qman said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I realize that white supremecists feel more comfortable with their own kind.  Though I personally prefer higher median wage since I get along just fine with immigrants.
.
.
.
Maybe that's the wrong word, but many people are perfectly comfortable with immigrants, while some aren't.  I don't know why.



If you notice, myself or Fal never engage in that type of childlike behavior during our discussions.



Fal kinda does that as well when he edits users posts to make fun of them. Like when he removes x and x and replaces it with "white supremacy" or "racists" or whatever. I feel like i don't engage in those tactics as well and try and discuss the topic at hand



Apologies.  What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?  I'll try to use that word in the future.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25804685 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
MagicMush123 said:
qman said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I realize that white supremecists feel more comfortable with their own kind.  Though I personally prefer higher median wage since I get along just fine with immigrants.
.
.
.
Maybe that's the wrong word, but many people are perfectly comfortable with immigrants, while some aren't.  I don't know why.



If you notice, myself or Fal never engage in that type of childlike behavior during our discussions.



Fal kinda does that as well when he edits users posts to make fun of them. Like when he removes x and x and replaces it with "white supremacy" or "racists" or whatever. I feel like i don't engage in those tactics as well and try and discuss the topic at hand



Apologies.  What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?  I'll try to use that word in the future.



Because you're associating being against immigration for economic reasons with racism. And i don't think theres anything racist with placing the native populations interests over foreigners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25804707 -

MagicMush123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Apologies.  What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?  I'll try to use that word in the future.



Because you're associating being against immigration for economic reasons with racism. And i don't think theres anything racist with placing the native populations interests over foreigners



You dodged the question.  Let me try again:

What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25804718 -

in group preference. you can like your own people while not holding any ill will against other groups. most people want peaceful separation.

seeing as the minimum requirement for modern day racism is
Quote:
:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.



inferior and superior are subjective terms. black skin is superior to white skin in africa and the opposite in northern snow laden countries. iq averages by countries exist and calling them racist is juvenile. black people while being 13% of the population make up a majority of athletes in collegiate and pro sports teams. its been proven they have more fast twitch muscle fibers that give them an advantage on average. asians are disproportionately the most rich americans on average. the problem is today leftists have an altruistic belief that all races are the same on average while ignoring immutable genetic, sex based, and cultural realities.

theres another more modern definitoon of racism which boils down to prejudice and power. this definiton is popular among 3rd wave feminists and democrats. its clever in that those who have historial power can never be the victims of racism. ironically instead of "inclusion" they work to exclude straight white men.

now to break that down further lets look at what predjudice is.
Quote:
a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation



objective consideration is the key here.
to use your example of not wanting to be around a specific minority imagine the following. you initially had great experiences with said race. then you move to detroit and get mugged or your mom gets her car broken into. you start noticing a pattern. you take preventative measures to move out of detroit or you avoid the people committing crimes against you. or B you are blind to reality and keep getting mugged.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25804725 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
MagicMush123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Apologies.  What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?  I'll try to use that word in the future.



Because you're associating being against immigration for economic reasons with racism. And i don't think theres anything racist with placing the native populations interests over foreigners



You dodged the question.  Let me try again:

What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?



Does that question have anything to do with what i said?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: JHOVA] * 1
    #25804743 -

JHOVA said:
most people want peaceful separation.



Source?

JHOVA said:
seeing as the minimum requirement for modern day racism is
Quote:
:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.



inferior and superior are subjective terms. black skin is superior to white skin in africa and the opposite in northern snow laden countries. iq averages by countries exist and calling them racist is juvenile. black people while being 13% of the population make up a majority of athletes in collegiate and pro sports teams. its been proven they have more fast twitch muscle fibers that give them an advantage on average. asians are disproportionately the most rich americans on average. the problem is today leftists have an altruistic belief that all races are the same on average while ignoring immutable genetic, sex based, and cultural realities.



I'm open to the possibilty that different races have different attributes, at least on average.  That still dodges the question of what we should call people who are uncomfortable with other races.

JHOVA said:
now to break that down further lets look at what predjudice is.
Quote:
a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation



objective consideration is the key here.
to use your example of not wanting to be around a specific minority imagine the following. you initially had great experiences with said race. then you move to detroit and get mugged or your mom gets her car broken into. you start noticing a pattern. you take preventative measures to move out of detroit or you avoid the people committing crimes against you. or B you are blind to reality and keep getting mugged.



I work with a lot of black people and minorities, and have a very high level of respect for them.  I think you're confusing race with socioeconomic status.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25804745 -

MagicMush123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
MagicMush123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?  I'll try to use that word in the future.



you're associating being against immigration for economic reasons with racism. And i don't think theres anything racist with placing the native populations interests over foreigners



You dodged the question.  Let me try again:

What's the right word for being uncomfortable around non-whites?



Does that question have anything to do with what i said?



I called someone a name you didn't like because they said they were uncomfortable around non-whites, not because they said they against immigration for economic reasons.  That's why I asked what I should call someone who is uncomfortable around non-whites?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25804771 -

i think i bolded in group preference in my last post. thats what i call it when people prefer their group over another group. its a positive affirmation not a negative one.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: JHOVA] * 2
    #25804986 -

You don't think that 'ingroup favouritism' will have a relationship with 'outgroup derogation'?

Hate doesn't need to be an active process. Discrimination between ingroups and outgroups can be a matter of favouritism towards an ingroup and the absence of equivalent favouritism towards an outgroup. You might think there's a difference between saying "I like white people" and "I don't like non-white people" - as you said, one is a positive affirmation - but if the end result is the same discrimination, is the difference anything other than semantics?

"I only serve white people in my store because I like my ingroup."
Or
"I only serve white people in my store because I don't like my outgroups."

One positive affirmation, the other negative - both resulting in the same discrimination.

Peaceful separation of human ethnicities is impossible. You cannot have an ethnostate that does not depend on apartheid discrimination to sustain itself.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #25805020 -

Lies. Utah is full of white peaceful mormons. Vermont has the higjest amount of white gun owners and is the most peaceful state. The amish dont hurt anyone. Japan is 99% japanese. Totally non violent. Leftist lack imagination.

The world is full of discrimination. I choose to fuck pussies and dont fuck assholes. I choose to fuck biological women and ridiculte the non reproductive. Look discrimination!!! lock me up.  Guess what most people discriminate by race when they date.

Take the right wing libertarian path to freedom of assosciation AND disassociation. No one is guaranteed access to you or your people without consent.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | Last >

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Koreans fire across border
( 1 2 all )
pattern 2,426 25 07/18/03 11:42 AM
by atomikfunksoldier
* Porous Mexican Border as a Terrorist Entry Point
( 1 2 all )
Autonomous 4,298 36 01/05/04 11:19 AM
by Xlea321
* Case Closed Great_Satan 924 11 09/07/04 09:00 PM
by Great_Satan
* Canada wide open for terrorists. luvdemshrooms 1,551 13 07/13/02 12:05 AM
by Psilocybeing
* border crossing
( 1 2 all )
IndoorDreams 1,437 23 06/10/03 01:04 AM
by uno
* muslim indo chinese womens refuge quiver 1,534 10 07/12/06 10:53 AM
by quiver
* The U.S. Needs to Open Up to the World
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 6,038 101 01/28/03 08:14 PM
by Phred
* An Open Letter to the Corporations of America PsiloKitten 1,799 17 10/30/03 03:53 AM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,730 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 20 queries.