Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? * 1
    #25656978 -

I remember when RogerRabbit was Big Time on this board, then there was this Scarface gangsta guy, lol, and Ralphster's was a Sponsor! Also, was active waaay when the PF Tek was a thing! lol.


My how we've advanced over the years! I like it.

Some purple lady was even advocating for plastics for awhile there. I liked that.

Anyways, seems like with so many people trying new things here, there should be some major new schools of thought! I look forward to learning a lot in the coming months and may make a grow log, my first!

Any new teks or stuff I should know about, though? Before I get started again?

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon! ~EIEIO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: eieio] * 1
    #25656980 -

Alot has changed since then man. Things are much simpler now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: nube424]
    #25656990 -

Looks up how โ€œfrank gets shit doneโ€ heโ€™s got some good threads


--------------------
If I blaze at the space station am I higher than a space ship

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Peekachu] * 1
    #25656998 -

I'm in the same boat. My first successful pf tek grows were in 2004! Took a long break and came back to BIG changes!

I definitely like the new ways a lot better. Grain jars, agar, bulk substrate....I'm diggin it! With little effort you can pump out lbs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Subfinder] * 1
    #25657009 -

Oh, and if you want the most up to date, simple as fuck teks, follow this guy carefully and you will have much success!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24144021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: eieio] * 2
    #25657018 -

Welcome Home :smile:

If you need any prints to get started with, let me know and I'll mail you set.

Cheers.

PS.
You had me at 'some purple lady' lol.


--------------------
+++ Trade List +++

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: eieio] * 1
    #25657070 -

Welcome to the party :smile:

I'm in roughly the same boat as you.

A lot has changed... mostly in the easy direction.

I very much recommend doing AGAR. If you haven't before, don't be too intimidated it is actually very simple and saves you a ton of time in knowing if you're clean rather than growing them out first.

If you do a small grow and like it you can clone simple as hell and also save time in knowing it is clean after transferring a few times. Transferring sectors as you'd like...testing them out.

I've switched to whole oats and they are easy...  Throw measured amount into a paint strainer sack and put in a pot for 30 minute boil until I can squish between fingernails..Pull it out and let it air dry for an hour or two. Load the jars up.


PC 90 minutes

When they're cool, cut colonized agar wedges and put in the jars inside SAB... Once colonized mix with coir/verm/gypsum and throw it in a tub.

Wait.

:laugh:

(More thorough version of that


--------------------
Heavy Meโ€ al Forever


Edited by HeavyMetal (12/04/18 03:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: HeavyMetal]
    #25657072 -

Agar agar agar agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: bulbstoo]
    #25657075 -

Come over to the oat side...


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Failboat]
    #25657101 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Come over to the oat side...



:awedance:


--------------------
:pipesmoke:Its all fun and games until mushrooms make you gay:pipesmoke:




            click and learn.

Bod's simplified cultivation methods
Got side pins?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Failboat]
    #25657133 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Come over to the oat side...



Convince me :p


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: bulbstoo] * 1
    #25657160 -

12/12 lighting has been shown beneficial to mycelium through all stages of growth from spore to spent

Dark colonization period with restricted FAE is outdated

Liners don't prevent side pins, proper surface conditions do

Many of us fruit from spawn in unmodified tubs with the lid flipped for FAE, with better and faster results than with standard monotub configuration

SHOEBOXES ARE THE SHIT!

Updated information on anything else you may need 


--------------------
๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: eieio] * 1
    #25657185 -

I'm only a few months in but when I 'search posts' I only look at the last 5 years and discount the older stuff. The main thing I've gleaned from my severely limited experience is don't overthink stuff.
These days people are getting great yields from 6 quart shoeboxes with 2" substrates with only coir, no coffee, gypsum, verm, cowpoo, lime etc.
Mushboys shoebox writeup changed my world.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24038695/fpart/1/vc/1
I am figuring out that agar lets you clean up your print/syringe before finding out the hard way. I just need to better understand what I'm looking at... and think about ordering another 500 petris, they go faster than beers, lol.
So spores to agar to grain to coir to trippin'.:cool:


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25657195 -

I'm with Bulbstoo, what makes whole oats better than rye grain???
They're the same price $15, at my feed store.
Seems like I read they're harder to get moisture right or something.


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25657199 -

Oh definitely, coir only  and clean spawn all day... pretty much the same conditions from day one to dump


--------------------
๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25657209 -

Duhrwood Stevens said:
I'm with Bulbstoo, what makes whole oats better than rye grain???
They're the same price $15, at my feed store.
Seems like I read they're harder to get moisture right or something.



Bod's easy AF oat prep

I'm on WBS personally, but only bc it's what I bought at the time... will be giving oats a shot soon


--------------------
๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25657271 -

I have only found oats. I pour ~8-10lb in a pot, add water, crank the heat till it boils, turn heat to low for a while, strain, air dry overnightish, then load and PC for 2 or more hours. Easy AF and i pay ~$16/50lb


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: eieio] * 3
    #25657356 -

eieio said:
I remember when RogerRabbit was Big Time on this board



Those were some fun times. Where did he go? :laugh:
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #25657362 -

Respect!!!โ˜‘:mushroom2:


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Might be getting back into this hobby after decade absence. What has changed in 10 years? [Re: Caps McGee] * 4
    #25657373 -

tin foil on jars is out
cold shocking is out
incubators are out
gloveboxes are out
marthas are out
poop is out
straw is out
wbs is out
supercakes and supplements are out
casing is out
9er tek is out
ships are out
colonizing in the dark is out
inoculating spawn with spores is out
lysol is out
battling contams during fruiting is out

mutants and weird varieties are in
surface conditions are in
still air boxes are in
coir is in
oats and rye are in
pp5 containers are in
6500k light is in
no-pour agar is in
slurry is in
putting everything on agar is in
bottom watering is in

flowhoods are still cool
monotubs are still cool
cloning is still cool
shredding cakes to bulk is still cool
g2g is still cool
spawn bags are still cool
gypsum is still cool
dunking is still cool
li is still cool
sfds are still cool

fruiting at spawn is cool again
unmodified containers are cool again
lc is cool again but still scary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 10 BIGGEST MYCOLOGY MYTHS COUNTDOWN
( 1 2 3 4 all )
f8L 15,379 63 05/01/03 05:12 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* a day and a half of absence...will they be hurt? ichbinkiffer 697 4 07/28/03 12:31 PM
by Juice7
* Re: 10 tips for Newbie Growers... Humidity 2,618 16 04/15/00 12:59 AM
by Condi1
* Cultivation as a Hobby! phrozendata 1,653 9 06/08/02 05:48 PM
by girlskater
* Re: Use agar and break free from spore vendor dependency forever for only $10!
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 8,046 41 02/04/01 12:43 PM
by puscle
* help!!!10 days and little mycellium 420chick 522 1 11/20/01 10:11 PM
by fungusamongus
* IS this hobby addictive????? wiser 1,076 15 05/29/02 01:51 AM
by Millencolin
* Re: golden teachers cased....no signs of change vivid 2,069 8 04/23/00 04:36 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,231 topic views. 11 members, 91 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.