Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need advice on leaving cakes alone for 1 week
    #25035270 -

This is my first attempt and I have some BRF cakes that are 3 days away from being full ready to birth.  The issue is that I did not expect the cakes to take so long to be ready for fruiting - it has been 6 weeks now and I'll be going for 1 week at the end of March.

So I have 3 1/2 pint jars ready with some CR cubes.  Any advice on how to proceed since I will be gone for one week at the end of March.  So, in 3-4 weeks I will not be able to do anything to maintain/ mist or FAE the cakes for an entire week.  I doubt I would have anything ready to harvest in such a short time - right?

I recall reading that placing the cakes in the fridge will put them into a hibernation of sorts - is this true?

Thanks for any advice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on leaving cakes alone for 1 week [Re: xcleveland]
    #25035383 -

Put them in a sgfc and mist heavily before you go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on leaving cakes alone for 1 week [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25035639 -

Wow - that would be perfect if that can work.  I guess the cakes will be about 2 weeks old in the SGFC when I leave so perhaps they will be stable enough to keep going with a heavily misted chamber when I leave.

Thanks!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on leaving cakes alone for 1 week [Re: xcleveland]
    #25035642 -

Like bodhisatta said, mist heavily. If you use perlite, mist the crap out of it, mist the walls and top. They will bruise for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on leaving cakes alone for 1 week [Re: grow4fun]
    #25038444 -

Thanks for the info guys!  They will be about 2-3 weeks along so I am hoping it goes okay.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* advice on cakes Infrared 697 3 07/17/02 09:25 AM
by JTShroom
* need advice on cakes tomatofarmer 1,232 5 02/18/02 11:30 AM
by tomatofarmer
* leaving cakes unattended strang 1,523 7 11/14/01 11:07 AM
by i_b_deaf
* cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em aenima 2,344 6 08/02/01 03:20 AM
by aenima
* cakes still no pins?? Lapius 1,257 10 05/18/02 09:09 PM
by Roadkill
* 1st SGFC, just birthed the last 5 cakes nconn32986 1,291 10 03/05/18 04:18 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* cakes alone for a week?? dalorean 1,870 14 05/31/02 06:23 AM
by dalorean
* Help, need advice! Mygnyl 910 2 03/24/02 07:26 PM
by Mygnyl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
490 topic views. 17 members, 273 guests and 260 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.