Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: life after death would you would could you could. [Re: Icelander]
    #24938786 -

Icelander said:
I'm agnostic on that whole topic. When I was young I asked god for a world where war and suffering were much less severe and I guess I'm still waiting on that one.

I've found if I want to level someone's "shit" I better do it myself or it likely won't get done. Mostly I have a live and let live attitude unless someone tries to fuck with me. Love not war and all that.





I do my best to not hurt people.  I live by the golden rule "do onto others as you would have done to you."  if everyone did that the world would be just as you asked.


God created the world and it was Good.  it was very Good.  then he added humans and from that point the RUINING started, and the ruining will grow the more people enter this world and will continue to strain the limited resources here.  God doesnt make suffering, earth does.  Earth will balance itself though.


the most important thing you will ever do in this life is accept Jesus christ.  nothing is more important.  and if it turns out its not true, you lose nothing.  you're not out anything.  if you dont and it turns out it is true, then you'll be eternally seperated from God, or possibly worse.  Its not worth it my friend.


--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24938794 -

I asked you how this DA material was improving your outlook on life, and you brought up how it increases your compassion.

if you want to deny that your compassion was low before, and this fixed it, it's OK,
change the explanation if you like,
I just want to know if you could tell us how the topic of Death Anxiety was beneficial for you.

I did not bring up compassion as the reason, you did.

I'm just saying that if it is the reason, your reasoning is circular.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24938933 -

I never said I was low in compassion now did I? However that's basically what you said was going on.  I said it increased it. You're just trying to grab at anything you can use to dis me.  I've always been pretty compassionate.

Then you went on to tell me what my motives were for posting and OCD shit an all that had nothing to do with this threads topic. And when did I say you were afraid of me? Never that's when. I said it might be the topic that makes you so uncomfortable.

Now instead of avoiding my question  why not tell us all why you care what I post about?  You're running away from that one.

Finally,

Are you telling  us you don't know how to google Terror Management Theory?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 03:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: life after death would you would could you could. [Re: sprinkles]
    #24938941 -

sprinkles said:
Icelander said:
I'm agnostic on that whole topic. When I was young I asked god for a world where war and suffering were much less severe and I guess I'm still waiting on that one.

I've found if I want to level someone's "shit" I better do it myself or it likely won't get done. Mostly I have a live and let live attitude unless someone tries to fuck with me. Love not war and all that.





I do my best to not hurt people.  I live by the golden rule "do onto others as you would have done to you."  if everyone did that the world would be just as you asked.


God created the world and it was Good.  it was very Good.  then he added humans and from that point the RUINING started, and the ruining will grow the more people enter this world and will continue to strain the limited resources here.  God doesnt make suffering, earth does.  Earth will balance itself though.




the most important thing you will ever do in this life is accept Jesus christ.  nothing is more important.  and if it turns out its not true, you lose nothing.  you're not out anything.  if you dont and it turns out it is true, then you'll be eternally seperated from God, or possibly worse.  Its not worth it my friend.



You're off topic IMO. If you think that it's honest to accept JC just so you don't go to hell then I don't know how to respond. Now lets get back on topic please.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939040 -

thanks, for clarifying how focusing (but not obsessing) on Death, DA, antinatalism etc. have improved your compassion.

I distrust the validity of these topics because they do not generally raise compassion, but they do increase the frequency of ideas that are physically, emotionally, and mentally triggering and unsettling while they do not increase anything that I think is valuable. So they take away but bring nothing.

Still, we can note that people seem to love horror flicks - it is amusing to scare oneself and to flirt with horrible things if they do not bite your ass for real. Some of these films are fantastic, I love them - for instance: Kurtz in Heart of Darkness (Apocalypse Now) was a great character who propounded that facing fearful things - facing utter horror - is the only way to be free of it. He also contradicted himself because he was never free of it.

Anyway, that is pretty circular stuff as well.

Critical thinking is important, but circular thinking is not equivalent to critical thinking. These depressing topics are closer to mind games that you can play at for a while until you get bored of circular thinking.

So you can continue to show the way into this type of thinking while I plan to continue to show the way out of it. I think that is fair.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24939063 -

hi ice land man,

i saw that this was posted today, nothing extra-extraordinary, but i just like listening to roagn joe talk. 

not sure if you like him, but here you go:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24939065 -

Quote:
I distrust the validity of these topics



You're not the one who gets to decide these things.  Do you think these are not adults here who can decide this stuff for themselves? Didn't you state you don't want to be a parent or guardian for folk here? Isn't that what you are doing? If you think the topic inappropriate then CONTACT A MODERATOR.

Do you think you're a censor here?  Frank Zappa had some things to say about censors that directly apply to what you are attempting here. . If you don't feel comfortable with the topic STAY OUT OF IT, DON'T TROLL IT OR MAKE IT PERSONAL. Then you won't have to get upset. 


If you want a counterpoint then CREATE  YOUR OWN TOPICS and let everyone have a look at your pov and decide for themselves. You're not the one to decide what is valid for others.

The rest of your post is just drivel imo and does not need comment.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 03:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939100 -

I guess as the thread starter, you are entitled to want to exclude admission to people the same way the president is entitled to exclude admission to people.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24939149 -

What? :facepalm: What the fuck are you on about?

I never excluded anyone. I don't have that  power nor do I want to.  I did point out trolling and personalisms and off topic shit however. Mostly by you.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 04:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939203 -

all unintentional, I assure you, glad we got over that then, so I can stay and put in my 2cents when it seems worth while to me?
expect no personalisms or whatever like that.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24939216 -

OK sure, stay on topic, no trolling, don't make it  personal.  All basic shit.
:nicesmile:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 04:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939303 -

that girl illustrates circular reasoning in a good way


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939399 -

Icelander said:
What? :facepalm: What the fuck are you on about?

I never excluded anyone. I don't have that  power nor do I want to.  I did point out trolling and personalisms and off topic shit however. Mostly by you.



Icelander said:
OK sure, stay on topic, no trolling, don't make it  personal.  All basic shit.
:nicesmile:



There is no need for this kind of behaviour; losing ones temper, swearing and even stooping to contact petulantly moderators to issue a warning in response to perfectly acceptable, posts - the latter, a viewpoint which isn’t only my own.

It will inevitably get personal, when you resort to acting in this manner, since you need to be advised to have a word with yourself and grow up.

If you can’t take what you see bizarrely see as personal abuse, reconsider starting a thread. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24939404 -

Your post was full of egotistical personalisms. If it wasn't the mods would have left you alone. Please go away. If you have a problem with my posts contact a moderator and they can tell you to go away. :lol:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 06:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939413 -

Icelander said:
Didn't you just get a mod warning for personalisms?



That’s exactly the point which I’ve just highlighted.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24939417 -

Yeah I know. YOU got the warning not I. :nicesmile:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939424 -

Icelander said:
Yeah I know. YOU got the warning not I. :nicesmile:



I received no warning.

I had it brought to my attention and they are as bewildered as I.

Note the points raised in my second last post please, for you’re only at war with yourself and this is the ongoing, fundamental point. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24939432 -

Yeah right. :curbyourenthusiasm:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Icelander]
    #24939463 -

Icelander said:
Your post was full of egotistical personalisms. If it wasn't the mods would have left you alone. Please go away. If you have a problem with my posts contact a moderator and they can tell you to go away. :lol:



It’s odd you choose to change up your post to suggest that your erratic posts are acceptable and why people who would, by default, be in favour of you.

This might be seen as egotistical and no-one knows why need to employ it to establish your own war .:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Circular reasoning raises more questions. [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24939471 -

  :jennajameson: My posts are always a work in progress.

I'm not at war with you. You keep  popping up taking pot shots. Nobody asked you anything or cares about you.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/24/18 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Opinions on death/afterlife? Birdos 844 7 01/04/05 10:10 PM
by mabus
* Death not ends it.... SoulTech 1,693 17 03/31/02 01:45 PM
by NextGenHippie
* Learning about death from near-death experiences
( 1 2 all )
Mixomatosis 3,437 23 01/12/05 12:21 AM
by Mixomatosis
* A little chunk of truth about life after death.
( 1 2 all )
MAGnum 3,969 38 08/11/04 02:07 PM
by kaiowas
* Fear of Death, the Buddhist way. Icelander 597 1 06/02/05 07:03 PM
by Gomp
* You silly afterlife-believing fools...
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mixomatosis 7,349 99 11/30/03 08:04 PM
by trendal
* Life after physical death Tonearm 1,355 14 12/27/03 12:39 AM
by Revelation
* Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised ElfWizard 1,887 17 09/16/04 07:25 PM
by Gomp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,861 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.