Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you believe in "Absolutes"?
    #2469002 -

Such as absolute good and absolute evil? Do forces of pure good or pure evil exist? I don't think I do (everything is gray for me) but my views might be changing.

Why or why not do you believe in absolute good or absolute evil?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2469038 -

Absolutely not.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2469068 -

i believe that if absolutes exist it would be impossible to know, since everyone percieves differently

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2469106 -

Not in this dimension..
The 4th.. well that's another story..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2469125 -

can you explain why there is absolutes in the 4th(meaning the spiritual world?) and not here(meaning the 3rd?)?

Edited by 2Experimental (03/24/04 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2469302 -

because I don't think that there is absolute good and evil in this dimension, there is a mix of both. In fact that is the nature of the 3rd dimension, to experience a subjective reality disconnected from any 'god' or source with perceived good and evil.. I think that people can be "good" or "bad" most of the time, but not absolute.. the 3rd dimension is a mixture of both these energies and are experienced by everyone.
the 4th.. (which is less dense.. a spiritual world yes, but still quasi-physical) has a different perspective, there is absolute good and absolute evil.. and that is the nature of that density. You experience life in that reality as an absolute either one or the other.
perhaps there is a few exceptions I am overlooking, but I do not think that in the 3rd density, we can experience such a thing as an "absolute", as we have no model for which to compare it to..the very nature of the 3rd density is that which is based on ego, individuality, separateness, etc. From this limited perspective I believe it is hard to even fully grasp the concept. The universe is absolute, but it consists of many densities, vibrations and dimensions. We are focused in one tiny area of it.. maybe taking a step back to get a shot at the big picture gives us a better idea of an 'absolute power' which we can perceive from time to time, but these glimpses occur outside of the 3rd dimension consciousness


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2473749 -

I don't, not in any density.


--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2473803 -

silversoul7 said:
Absolutely not.



lol, you beat me to the joke.


I personally feel there aren't any "spiritual" absolutes when it comes to morality etc.. but there might be certain absolutes (IE "I am currently experincing someting which we define as "life"").

I think when you put values on something (good or bad) it's subjective. If there are any absolutes it's probably beyond us to say what they are.... in the absolute sense.


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2473829 -

EllemyshShade said:
Such as absolute good and absolute evil? Do forces of pure good or pure evil exist? I don't think I do (everything is gray for me) but my views might be changing.

Why or why not do you believe in absolute good or absolute evil?



Evil is part of a psychological fantasy of the human mind. When man are the creators of this 'evil'. This evil and/or dark world (as in deamons and the devil etc) only exists in peoples fantasy worlds.

Paganism, Cults and Chirstianity have this manifestation fantasy world of the Dark. I frankly think its inane and does not ring truth.

________________




Let me show you thee thruth.

Absolute truth :

The white : The stars

The dark : The space that fills them



Thee End...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2473867 -

"There is no absolute and everything is relative, so we must judge according to the circumstances"

:wink:

(and yes, I'm absolutely sure about that! :tongue:)



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2474017 -

silversoul7 said:
Absolutely not.



fuck you for stealing my answer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2474470 -

I think good and evil need a definition before I can determine if absolutes exist. Truth is, I don't believe in good and evil...but I do recognize selfishness vs. selflessness.


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2474726 -

so what is the 2nd density ? and the 1st ? is there absolutes in those realms? I dont see how absolutes of some sort could not be a possability in the 3rd They exist within your own mind, yet , not the world around you. So maybe humans conection to the divine(the mind) is actually considered density 4 in a sense, and can tap into the absolutes of life and learn them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2474756 -

Absolutely!

You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

For example, Hitler was evil.


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: pattern]
    #2474881 -

pattern said:
Absolutely!

You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

For example, Hitler was evil.



Hitler brought Germany out of the Depression.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2475034 -

There may be a few absolutes in this universe, but I don't think we've really figured them out yet. I'm talking about esoteric physics here, like the unification of forces.

I don't think anything with a human element can have any absolutes, so that rules out good and evil, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: MOTH]
    #2475526 -

Quote:
Shroomism said: The universe is absolute



Based on my knowledge, that is the only absolute I care to accept. There may be more somewhere, but it would take some work to find them. My understandings of good and evil come from my own philosphy and beliefs - which get a big influence from other people. Needless to say, false assumptions like to run rampant. This being said, if pure good evil exist, I certaintly haven't seen it, but even if I have, I wouldn't have known. It could exist some where, I don't know. The universe may be absolute, but what is absolutely in it is something I can't answer completely.


--------------------
There is more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: pattern]
    #2475759 -

pattern said:
Absolutely!

You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

For example, Hitler was evil.



Was he evil to himself?

I'd like to conclude this short post by a quote I ran across somewhere on this wonderful site...

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours." -George Gissing


--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: phEight]
    #2476242 -

The only absolute is the Absolute itself, understandable only through the perception of samadhi based on the self referral value of awareness itself. There is no other absolute. However for each thing there is also an absolute such as the absolute vacuum of electromagnetic energy in a vacuum, or the state of absolute zero in deepest space. The smallest or most absolute point of time and space measured as the Planck scale. These are all absolutes, just as the speed of light is seen as an absolute. Nonetheless, in terms of human constructs which exist merely in the mind, the only absolutes are those personally measured and abided by.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in "Absolutes"? [Re: FrothytooFlacid]
    #2477273 -

I believe the only absolute thing in the universe is its origin, the primal point. Everything else is relative, if you think about the matter wich makes up part of the universe, you'll see that their position in space is relative, even time is relative.

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Existence, and before existence there was.... MovingTarget 810 6 12/14/04 10:15 AM
by Ped
* Is There Any Eternal Value To Existence?
( 1 2 all )
Source 3,607 25 07/02/04 06:48 PM
by Zahid
* *cough* EXISTENCE *hack*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
buttonion 22,720 173 03/19/04 12:03 AM
by Frog
* can you prove the existence of absolute, objective morality?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Anonymous 23,311 157 12/21/04 06:31 AM
by deafpanda
* does existentialism support relativism or absolutism?
( 1 2 all )
Malachi 22,863 28 07/02/03 02:43 PM
by Malachi
* it seems therefore, that God does not exist. whiterastahippie 1,914 12 11/11/11 02:01 AM
by thefloodbehind
* Does Existence Imply That The Absolute God Is Suffering?
( 1 2 all )
Source 2,669 23 08/01/03 03:01 PM
by Malachi
* absolute truth
( 1 2 all )
fearfect 2,398 22 09/01/17 10:46 AM
by Philosite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,569 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.