Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24559783 -

I think the word your referring to is mycorrhizal


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: Germs]
    #24561394 -

Have to be up at 3:45am, but I need grain jar lids. Also need to start some WBS soaking so I can run the PC tomorrow.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24561656 -

PC cooling down. Getting ready to fire up the hood. Pouring plates.


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #24561698 -

Nice guys I spent a collective of 5 hours in the lab today divided into two sessions.  1, 2 hour session in the morning. Consisting of inoculating bags of freshly sterilized woodchips with Ps. Azurescens, and ghost fungus spawn, then went and gathered supplies (mainly substrate materials).  Next session was 3 hours long completing the woodchip inoculations, taking clones of wild oyster & penis envy mushrooms, aspiring LC, inoculating some grain bags with LC, checking progress of all media with culture running on, or through it in the lab currently, and cleaning the lab.  I'll be pouring plates at around this time Saturday evening if all goes as planned.  I kept a few Azurescens kernels in a jar for the inoculation of a few agar plates for some quick live culture, even though I have some Canofriscosa culture coming up.  Been having some fun playing with these wood loving Psilocybes.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24561700 -

I just made some Ps Cyan T1 transfers last night. :smile:


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid]
    #24561733 -

Just found out my ganoderma sissele is just as in love with the cocoa mulch as my oysters are. I may have a new quick method to grow edibles. Hot water immersion of cocoa substrate. No contamination so far. I want to experiment further and do a small tray of cubes with the hot water immersion of cocoa mulch alone just to see what results I get. Should be fun.

I just did a 27qt of cubes tonight on some properly pasteurized cow shit and humus mixed with vermiculite. Let's see how that goes. Their colonizing right now. Tomorrow the jars for my 64 quart should be ready and my pesa and ksss cultures are growing out nicely.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24561740 -

:thumbup:

Like the cow manure & humis substrate.  Also, let me know how those "cubes on cocoa mulch trails" go.

Took 12 clones of those 2 native wild oysters @ 6 clones per fruit.



--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24561742 -

I like your style cat.
:raisemyglass:


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24561786 -

hamloaf said:
:thumbup:

Like the cow manure & humis substrate.  Also, let me know how those "cubes on cocoa mulch trails" go.

Took 12 clones of those 2 native wild oysters @ 6 clones per fruit.






Keep me updated. I'd love to see them fruit.

I'm just having fun since I have all these 27 quart bins I can do small bulk grow. They should all fruit. It's a matter of finding out what works best for me with the supplies I can get locally and easily and just weighing out the costs of each material too.

Cocoa mulch though has me super interested. I've been getting some phenomenal results so far with just boiling water immersion. There's a bit of a trick to getting the moisture levels just right and stirring it well so the moisture doesn't settle to one area and turn into slime. You don't want it sitting for more than a few hours cooking away. I usually stir it with both arms right when it's just cool enough to handle but still steaming off till I get the moisture right. I'll keep experimenting until I figure out the perfect technique to keep it form turning into slime.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24561825 -

Plates poured, transfers made, KG spores streaked. :thumbup:

I'm done for the night.


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #24561891 -

hamloaf said:
Nice guys I spent a collective of 5 hours in the lab today divided into two sessions.  1, 2 hour session in the morning. Consisting of inoculating bags of freshly sterilized woodchips with Ps. Azurescens, and ghost fungus spawn, then went and gathered supplies (mainly substrate materials).  Next session was 3 hours long completing the woodchip inoculations, taking clones of wild oyster & penis envy mushrooms, aspiring LC, inoculating some grain bags with LC, checking progress of all media with culture running on, or through it in the lab currently, and cleaning the lab.  I'll be pouring plates at around this time Saturday evening if all goes as planned.  I kept a few Azurescens kernels in a jar for the inoculation of a few agar plates for some quick live culture, even though I have some Canofriscosa culture coming up.  Been having some fun playing with these wood loving Psilocybes.



Now THAT is a good day!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24561999 -

What's a canofricosa?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24562009 -

A typo.  Meant Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa.  Do you know what ps. cyanofriscosa is?


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24562050 -

hamloaf said:
A typo.  Meant Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa.  Do you know what ps. cyanofriscosa is?



I'm planning on looking this up. I want to try wood lovers, but I couldn't find any ovoids this year. I badly have the time to look.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24562118 -

I sure don't Know ham. Got a print?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24562582 -

So is it really a new found species that only shows up in the San Francisco bay area? Doesn't look like google has much on them other than post here and mycotopia.

Found a nice 25 sec clip, from Alan Rockefeller, on youtube. Shows a HUGE ass patch.



--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24562617 -

The fact that new shrooms keep popping up give me hope of finding an unknown species in Illinois one day. Like 12 years ago when I didn't know shit I did find something strange that may have been but I was fucking dumb.

Cap looked similar to liberty cap pics but was flattened out. Found in the woods on the edge of the trail. Was like 5 inch tall with a skinny ass stem and bruised what looked to be black. Perhaps it was full of actives, or not. I have looked in the same place and never found it again yet. My friend was convinced it was a liberty cap and tried to get me to eat it but I was smart enough to refuse. As I know now the chances of it being a Lib would be like winning the lotto, but it was something very strange.

I remember reading that Illinois has had little research into what species grow here, outside of edibles, and very well may contain many unknown species of mushrooms. The fact that much of the state has been turned into fields over the last 150 years means that there would only be remote pockets probably. Most likely in forest preserves and such. This is why I LOVE to go to the local forest preserve.


HEY DO ANY OF YOU LIVE IN THE MIDWEST ANY WHERE NEAR ILLINOIS?? DO NOT NAME YOUR LOCATION, just a rough area!


--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24562638 -

I grew up out in McHenry county. Near Woodstock.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24562641 -

I'm in the Bible Belt buckle lol
A Very red state with a genius of a politician Derp

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24562689 -

My state is strange. We have Chicago in the north where people tend to be more open mined and progressive, then we have the south that seems to be more religious and more bible thumpers. For some reason I always see a tie of farming and religion. The small farming communities seem to be more religious. Just my observations.


--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Official Mediocre Grows Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 )
Mackload 10,873 483 09/23/26 04:01 PM
by odissey
* Am I still at the litfa phase?
( 1 2 3 all )
Dynasty 1,116 57 05/19/24 07:46 PM
by Dynasty
* 10 BIGGEST MYCOLOGY MYTHS COUNTDOWN
( 1 2 3 4 all )
f8L 15,367 63 05/01/03 05:12 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Mycology Question doop04 1,076 9 03/06/05 11:06 AM
by Hotnuts
* Spore Growing / Duplicating? ... True Mycology Help Needed Nenni 1,927 7 05/23/03 11:16 PM
by Nenni
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 all )
Macey Howard 3,510 26 01/18/03 07:56 AM
by lvleph
* mycology equipment/supplies/etc for sale! rhizome 2,330 10 11/16/03 03:01 PM
by Bugsbunny
* Does anyone know a thread for worm castings and verm. moldmaster 3,585 9 06/12/03 02:47 AM
by Jon_Doe

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
143,872 topic views. 12 members, 85 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.