Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #24120287 - 02/26/17 02:34 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
be careful, you might forget to think if your being to logical. good day.

that's never gonna happen. :facepalm: your beliefs are unfounded.

if belief isn't something consciously chosen then you don't really believe it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24120320 - 02/26/17 03:07 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

You are clearly a babe.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #24120330 - 02/26/17 03:22 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, now you've got nothing to say but what you can to make me smaller. :wink: that's ok.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: MrBlueYoMind] * 1
    #24120399 - 02/26/17 04:42 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MrBlueYoMind said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
oh and reality:

you are God. you devour. or you don't.

you either act. or you don't.

the Tao is more accurate a philosophy, than Christianity. bar none.

If I am God, then so is Christ.

Christ even said "Ye are Gods, you are children of the Mosh High" and the NT is full of him indirectly saying to his apostles "no you bunch of dipsticks, dont put me on a pedestal, what I do you can do and I want you to learn to do what I can do" and they're all "noo you are the Lord, we are but worms" Jesus wants you to stop being a muggle, awaken the Divinity within and literally walk on water.

They JUST. DIDN'T. GET. IT.

You are the Observer in a system where the Universe is willing to turn a blind eye if your conviction and faith is strong enough. You can do ANYTHING if you align you mind and spirit.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. (moved) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24120579 - 02/26/17 06:56 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from The Pub.

Reason:
Belongs in S&M

Offlinesyncro
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: trendal]
    #24120629 - 02/26/17 07:37 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Does it benefit me to judge a religion on its worst or middling representatives, or the best of them? Where I choose to weigh something is just a reflection of my state.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #24120710 - 02/26/17 08:28 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i wanted to share my opinion, and have a discussion, about the rationale people use to impart their beliefs on the world, and in a lot of instances, force their opinions down people's throats, based on ridiculous notions that have no logical backing, and that are only based on fairy tales and hokum. such as "God is in control!"

no, that isn't true at all.

but i'd like to discuss why people think they can construe that as logical, based on the fact that they believe in it so strongly. i don't think christians should do that; nor do i think they should be running a free country; too risky.

things like the pervading notion that "Sex is a mortal sin", for one example, out of many.

things like that ^ are untenable...yet christians always want to tout that their reasoning for believing such things, are based in logic and rationality, when it's bereft of it entirely. the logic breaks down completely. same goes for the notion that "the christan God is the true God".

yeah, people say these things, and try to argue that it's true, when there is literally and absolutely no way of that being true, and then use that belief to try and justify their actions, and instincts about the world. the notion is a lie, a convenient lie to try and control people. that's all it is.

christians try to rationalize their bigotry and their fears about their moral quandaries, with logic, logic which has no place in their beliefs, because their beliefs are not rational.

i don't think it's smart to allow a political force that thinks the crazy things christians believe to try and settle anything with logic, regarding those beliefs, because those beliefs are inherently unsound to begin with, and logic doesn't fit into them; regardless how hard one tries to make their beliefs make sense, they just don't. i don't want them running the country, nor do i want their propaganda-laden political movements to seduce young people into losing their rational mind.

in a sense, christianity poisons the rational minds logic with unsound beliefs, which essentially make christians unable to logical rule their mind, and thus unable to make a logical stance, or take logical station, for anyone in anyway, within any kind of command structure, let alone, any kind of debate.

as soon as their beliefs enter the debate it becomes quite obvious that they are not rational...i fear, that it goes so far as to completely taint the minds logical faculties, if one holds the beliefs that christians tend to hold, within the majority of the religion.

Truthfully, a lot Christians, Priests, and Pastors are guilty of hypocrisy. They interpret the Word of God to fit their lifestyles or what they think God is trying to say. I can tell you with 100% certainty God hates that. Absolutely HATES being misquoted and being spoken for.

Everything negative a Christian does God says not to do. Like praying out loud to make a spectacle of yourself to show how much you love God. Jesus said to pray in your room, quietly and in secret.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful." Psalm 1-1
. You know how many Christians break this covenant? "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Psalm 1-2. Do you know how many Christians don't meditate even though in the Bible it literally tells you to? So many interpret meditation as prayer, when they are completely different things. God hates being misquoted.

God is not fully in control. We have Free Will. However, God does have the final say in all matters. You could be a serial child rapist and still be forgiven by God. I consider that very unlikely, but still possible.

Sex is not a mortal sin. Adultery is a sin. Many Priest+Pastors interpret that as any adultery you commit against God, or anything that takes you further from God. No. Cheating on your spouse, that's what it means. Are you married? Yes. Then don't cheat on your beloved. How hard is that?

You seem to enjoy the word logic. What we know and the thirst for knowledge are manifestations of the ego and even our True Selves, imo.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineBozko
Thread Ruining Autist
 User Gallery

Loc: USA PNW
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: syncro]
    #24120753 - 02/26/17 08:57 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

syncro said:
Does it benefit me to judge a religion on its worst or middling representatives, or the best of them? Where I choose to weigh something is just a reflection of my state.

Tell that to the Christians.

Lol at the whole "my grams aerosol inhaler made me conservative" dude. Global warming is a liberal myth! And all leftists are pagans haunted by demons. Bullshit rhetoric, but sadly common.

--------------------
ShadeOfDeepPurple said: I guess you don't get shamanism yet by the very fact that you describe a psychedelic as Mexican.

OfflineBozko
Thread Ruining Autist
 User Gallery

#24120795 - 02/26/17 09:26 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

syncro said:

Lol at the whole "my grams aerosol inhaler made me conservative" dude. Yes, all leftists are pagans haunted by demons.

--------------------
ShadeOfDeepPurple said: I guess you don't get shamanism yet by the very fact that you describe a psychedelic as Mexican.

Offlinesyncro
Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: Bozko]
    #24120864 - 02/26/17 10:03 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bozko said:
Quote:

syncro said:

Lol at the whole "my grams aerosol inhaler made me conservative" dude. Global warming is a liberal myth! And all leftists are pagans haunted by demons. Bullshit rhetoric, but sadly common.

I think you missed and illustrated my point. There are Christians who are pure and nonjudgmental, aware of mystical truth beyond religious divisions. Do we weigh by the more evolved, or less? We judge from where we are.

OfflineBozko
Thread Ruining Autist
 User Gallery

#24120887 - 02/26/17 10:15 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

syncro said:
Quote:

Bozko said:
Quote:

syncro said:

I think you missed and illustrated my point. There are Christians who are pure and nonjudgmental, aware of mystical truth beyond religious divisions. Do we weigh by the more evolved, or less? We judge from where we are.

I did not miss your point.

Some of the people here arguing for Christianity openly deride other Religions with no filtering or second thought. These same people claim the left is "pagan"as an insult. They give no tolerance, they get no tolerance. This isn't some thought experiment, my life would be better without organized religion.

--------------------

OfflineBozko
Thread Ruining Autist
 User Gallery

#24120896 - 02/26/17 10:20 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

syncro said:
Quote:

Bozko said:
Quote:

syncro said:

Some of the people here arguing for Christianity openly deride other Religions with no filtering second thought. These same people claim the left is "pagan"as an insult. They give no tolerance, they get no tolerance. This isn't some thought experiment, my life would be better without organized religion.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#24121155 - 02/26/17 12:02 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bozko said:

Some of the people here arguing for Christianity openly deride other Religions with no filtering second thought. These same people claim the left is "pagan"as an insult. They give no tolerance, they get no tolerance. This isn't some thought experiment, my life would be better without organized religion.

indeed.

Christianity goes hand in hand with right-wing political values (at it's core), and people will literally call a "filthy leftist" Pagan, of all things, "Pagan"...as an insult.

:lol: because the two notions (political ideology and religious ideology) are intrinsically tied together...but mention Nazis though, and that's just WRONG, of course...because that propagates notions antithetical to political parties.

Quote:

LRG said:
You seem to enjoy the word logic. What we know and the thirst for knowledge are manifestations of the ego and even our True Selves, imo.

only towards those who use their words and ideology as a cudgel and crutch.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24121207 - 02/26/17 12:25 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bozko said:

Your life may be, but not everyone's life would be.

That's where the line is drawn for me. It simply gives me a set of ideas to adhere to. It works very well for me. I get tons of so called Christian folk telling me I need more "Jesus" in my life.

Does anyone's faith make them better? No. Does mine? No, but it sure does make it easier to be a nice person and avoid negative influences in my life.

There are too many anti-Christian people in this world, especially the US, generalizing everyone who believes in Jesus. They may set aside the few, like me, that encourage a broader view of the world around us, but for the most part they're very toxic to Christian people. It feeds into the Christian mindset that you're "of the Devil" and need help. It's a vicious circle I avoid in real life. I don't argue with Bible skeptics and I don't argue with believers, Priests, or Pastors. All it ever brings is a ton of negativity.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Christians actually have no basis in reality. [Re: LRG]
    #24121215 - 02/26/17 12:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Christians literally would never have people give them anti-christian sentiment, if they weren't already considering other beliefs or non-Christians as toxic themselves.

why do you think there are people who are anti-christian?

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24121220 - 02/26/17 12:28 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

So you've never once agreed with anything in Bible? I find that hard to believe. "Thou shall not kill." Pretty simple one we can all agree on... logically. Logic and faith can meet in the middle and agree on things.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#24121225 - 02/26/17 12:30 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LRG said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

So you've never once agreed with anything in Bible? I find that hard to believe. "Thou shall not kill." Pretty simple one we can all agree on... logically. Logic and faith can meet in the middle and agree on things.

i never said that. i've read the Bible and Jesus basically never really said anything that isn't easily supported (at least for the time he and his apostles were extant in history)

what i meant was...Christians who use their ideology as a crutch or cudgel, in arguments, whom slander other ideologies, whom use words to play games, those people i'll use word play to get them to admit their logic is faulty.

otherwise, i don't care what logic is faulty. i like having fun, more than i like upending religious arrogance.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24121230 - 02/26/17 12:31 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Christians literally would never have people give them anti-christian sentiment, if they weren't already considering other beliefs or non-Christians as toxic themselves.

why do you think there are people who are anti-christian?

A number of reasons. Some are justified and others are just your normal run of the mill bigotry. You and I both already know them. Those are the Christians I don't like. I'll say it one hundred times and thousand times more after that: "It is an absolute insult to Jesus to call yourself a Christian."

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#24121234 - 02/26/17 12:32 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

well, if they keep to their whims, i don't even care...just as long as they aren't trying to stop other people from pertaining to their own harmless whims, themselves.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24121240 - 02/26/17 12:33 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

LRG said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

i never said that. i've read the Bible and Jesus basically never really said anything that isn't easily supported (at least for the time he and his apostles were extant in history)

what i meant was...Christians who use their ideology as a crutch or cudgel, in arguments, whom slander other ideologies, whom use words to play games, those people i'll use word play to get them to admit their logic is faulty.

otherwise, i don't care what logic is faulty. i like having fun, more than i like upending religious arrogance.

They're hypocrites. Even when tempted by Satan all Jesus said was "The Lord rebukes thee." As did the Archangel Michael. Their logic isn't faulty. Their faith is. Hit them with that one.

--------------------

Edited by LRG (02/26/17 12:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom