Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: fivepointer]
    #5724101 - 06/07/06 07:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Long Live Gnosis

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: Telepylus]
    #5724168 - 06/07/06 07:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Telepylus said:

have you ever known an artist to touch your spirit so deeply?
a genius powerful enough to send secret signals hidden within music, or brushstrokes, or poetry, seemingly directly into your soul- like for your eyes only even, lol.
i wonder if anybody here knows what i'm talkin' about

I do very much so but I am unsure of the intentions of this band, does the opposite hold true with works of evil being released through music? also they have been known to sing harsh songs against Jesus/religion.....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/07/06 07:59 PM)

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: leery11]
    #5724693 - 06/07/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

that's a very good question.

the dark force utilizes art too, and sends it's own signals out.
i will give you an example- Tool.
Maynard is involved with the exact same sect as a few other musicians who work with light.
although these two different forces seem opposite, they are in fact the part of the same sect.
(i don't pay much attention to tool, but in some circles i hear that he is trying to join with the light permanently, but i can't say for sure)

when we step out of this system, there is no good and evil really.
however within our dualistic system, it manifests that way.
the irony is that both sides are working for the same team.
There is no Devil and God, there is only one God.
The purpose of the darkness is to always try to take over the light.
If the darkness wasn't there, there would be nothing for the light to press up against, to play tug-of-war with.
so in the end, the two are actually one.
but that doesn't change the fact that here on earth, we have sides to choose.
And it works like this, there are 4 sides.
1. The Light. Obeys the Order of God, and works his will without compromise.
2. The Dark. When dishonesty becomes a source of power, it's Dark.
3. Both. These people will switch from Light to Dark at their whim.
4. Neither. The vast majority of people, 99% of them, are content to just idly sit back and watching things unfold, never choosing any side whatsoever. They are totally neutral. And there is alot of wisdom in being that way.

I AM Light.
I may speak about alot of things that are Dark, but not because it's in me, but because I oppose my enemy well, and lovingly.
see how that works?

Once you understand how the Light and Dark will often share the same sect, then, you no longer need to worry about the concourse and cohesion of forces, like these musicians.
One is a total force of Light on this planet
The other, a major force of Darkness
Yet, they both enjoy each others music, and company.
They share the same belief system, and all they are doing after all is ART.
If the observer gets hurt because he's letting the force of the music own him, that is his problem, not the artists problem.
If you are a person who can become totally warped through someones art, it means you're sort of unstable anyways, like so many teens can be sometimes.

Edited by Telepylus (06/07/06 09:46 PM)

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: Telepylus]
    #5724769 - 06/07/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ngnyus you should read King James Bible

for the title of this thread

:
"Inspiration from Raghuvir....

What is your real work?

One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of optimism and a
willingness to be non judgmental of others will counterbalance the
negativity of 90,000 individuals who calibrate at the lower weakening
levels.

One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of pure love and
reverence for all of life will counterbalance the negativity of
750,000 individuals who calibrate at the lower weakening levels.

One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of illumination,
bliss, and infinite peace will counterbalance the negativity of 10
million people who calibrate at the lower weakening levels
(approximately 22 such sages are alive today).

One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of grace, pure
spirit beyond the body, in a world of non duality or complete oneness,
will counterbalance the negativity of 70 million people who calibrate
at the lower weakening levels (approximately 10 such sages are alive
today).

Wayne Dyer"

Offlinengnyus
the madherbalist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: sleepy]
    #5724810 - 06/07/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I should read the king james bible huh, I prefer ancient greek.
edit. I simply quote from an easy to understand version, like I've said before I don't like to quote the bible cuz most people turn a deaf ear as soon as you do.

--------------------

You reap what you sow

Edited by ngnyus (06/07/06 10:10 PM)

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: ngnyus]
    #5724822 - 06/07/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well you didn't post ancient Greek u posted new international right

Offlinemack_tasticlies
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: sleepy]
    #5726302 - 06/08/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

none, there are no real christians, cause god don't exist. :eek:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: mack_tasticlies]
    #5726469 - 06/08/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

mmm no Christians are followers of the teachings of Jesus.

Even if Jesus didn't exist "he" still has teachings which can be followed, and he will exist in their minds and give them power and inspiration.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Offlinemack_tasticlies
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5727026 - 06/08/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

How can you be a real christian if the very premise is a fantasy?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: mack_tasticlies]
    #5727245 - 06/08/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

What isn't a fantasy?

Love doesn't exist but in our brains and bodies and minds as a chemical reaction......

can not the same be said true of God? Or perhaps instead of God we can call it endogenous DMT.

They say it is external. They say it is a man. They say he looks this way, talked that way, was born in this time, and had this name....

but perhaps that's not the big picture. Perhaps (aside from what I just saw in the film linked here about Christ not existing at all, and being a metaphor for zodiac phenomenon) the real Christ though is the man who looks into his heart and becomes transformed with universal love.

The real Christian is one who is transformed through faith in Jesus Christ into a very compassionate and loving spirit. Does it matter if Jesus Christ exists in the clouds and is scouting the Earth looking for new converts, or if he is just a concept in the mind?

Concepts in the mind are powerful, you know? Ever have a bad dream ? Bad trip? Monster under your bed?

The basic thing is this:
People are terrified of death and oppressive regimes.
Christ was the victim of both.
He said that through him, you can receive eternal life. By taking up your cross and encountering, overcoming, and transforming your wordly fears, giving up your ego.... crucifying your ego...... through whatever means.

He says that we are all prisoners to death, that the wages of sin (ignorance?) are death, and that he is the light and the way.

This means that inside each of us we are capable of freeing ourselves from the BIGGEST fear that we have ever been conditioned to having, a fear that is wholely irrational and keeps us in slavery.... a fear of the cross, and of the people that can put us on it.

And so "radical" is his idea of freedom that he basically says this... you want to be free of the cross? Do not hate the man that would put you on it. Love him. Love your deepest enemy as you would love yourself.

This love is liberating, if you can do that you are a free person, and you are certainly free from the constraints of death upon your psyche... it will be completely irrelevant to you. And with all these obstacles lifted you have access to mystical states of union with God right now in the present..... aka the "Kingdom of God" which is said to already be scattered on Earth, we just don't see it because we are ignorant and don't look.

You have a story of how to free yourself...... the literalist completely dogmatic expounding of scriptures of a corrupt church? No... but the basic stories that are layed down about Jesus? Yes! And all the more interesting if he isn't real, just a composite of how we are supposed to live personified into an easy story that people can understand....

I mean it does make sense. To me at least. The power is not in a person external of you, the power is in you. That's why they say "accept Christ into your heart" that's why they say "be transformed by the HOLY SPIRIT" ..... it doesn't entirely matter if its factual it's a guide on how to free yourself.

Christ didn't seem to want to be worshipped. He said take up your cross if you are to be my disciple.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/08/06 03:38 PM)

Offlinengnyus
the madherbalist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5727890 - 06/08/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Now there's a true christian.

--------------------

You reap what you sow

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5727943 - 06/08/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well thank you, but I don't think so.

I'm not transformed or anything yet.... and I don't know what I believe in.... (plus I made a thread about Satan today lol!)

But that's how Christianity works from my mind. The key emphasis being on love.

I admit I keep trying to find faith in a sentient God and Christ, separate from me..... and keep being drawn away from the rigidity of the Bible.

Perhaps that's because I am a seeker and I should just meditate if I want to find God/Christ/Tao/Divine

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/08/06 06:56 PM)

Offlinengnyus
the madherbalist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5728371 - 06/08/06 08:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Jesus said I am the truth and the light, I believe everyone who seeks those things will come to find Him in due time.

--------------------

You reap what you sow

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5730263 - 06/09/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

hopefully

some strange stuff happened to me last night. random blurbs of information that seemed Biblically oriented coming in while I was dozing off. I couldn't recall most of it at the fact and now I can't recall any of it, but it's probably a good sign.

--------------------

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #5730551 - 06/09/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
hopefully

some strange stuff happened to me last night. random blurbs of information that seemed Biblically oriented coming in while I was dozing off. I couldn't recall most of it at the fact and now I can't recall any of it, but it's probably a good sign.

i need to tell you something.
usually it does indeed work like that.
you may experience deep vivid discourse with the Lord, or the Angel of the Lord. you may have sentences running through your mind that are so simple & perfect, it would change the world if mankind could hear.
if you try to hold it in your mind, and run for a pen and paper to write it down, it will slip right out of your thoughts.

this sort of discourse is calibrating your spiritual memory, and has nothing to do with your physical memory, which inevitably will be erased. Learn to hold the words of the Lord in your Heart, and not in your brain.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: LostandFound]
    #5730651 - 06/09/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LostandFound said:
....As for "real Christians" there are none. They are either Jews or others. From what i under stand of history.

:confused: :confused: What kind of history do you stand under??

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Edited by mr_kite (06/09/06 12:47 PM)

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: secretmachine]
    #5731956 - 06/09/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinemusicturkey
Mitakuye Oyasin
Male

Loc: MidWest
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: Jim]
    #5852551 - 07/12/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ok so I definetly consider myself a "real christian" to be more specific roman catholic. I know this because I've been lucky enough to be a part of divine intervention. It kind of makes me sad thinking about it (explain further on)

So when I was 3 years old I had a tumor in my liver, I was taken to a couple doctors to look into my odd symptoms, came back with no results, then I was taken to this pediatrician (who is still my doc today) who immediatly felt this swelling or what not in my liver. He had me rushed to the hospital just because of this gut-feeling. Sure enough after many tests, and ultrasounds, they found a tumor in my liver. They came back with stats for my parents describing my chances of surviving. It all depended really if it was cancerous or not, luckily it was not. The surgeon warned my parents before surgery that I had less then 50% chance of making it through surgery. So now all my family comes and says there goodbye pretty much, then I go in. During this time everybody sat in the waiting room balling, praying, my mother screamin in a fit of anxiety. My grandpa grabs this black beaded rosary in a little black bag from the pile of everyone elses (very religous family) except for my grandpa who was protestant at the time. Well he starts to pray the rosary along with my family, his palms are clamy and sweaty, they pray for a good 2hours. The doctor comes out with the news on my surgery, everyone stands up and whatever, he proclaims the success. My grandpa looks down at the rosary and it was now made of wooden beads! It frickin transformed or somethin!! Well it was given to me as a gift on my confirmation. It was my prized possession, I shared the story with many close friends, and somehow I've lost it. It seems the longer Ive gone without it the more my faith has dimmed. I don't even go to church anymore... dang. Just by telling this it makes me want to start changin things for the better here.

Offlinecurious25
Stranger
Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: musicturkey]
    #5989357 - 08/23/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am new here. I am a real Christian. I know this because I asked Jesus to be my Savior. I accept Him and all the Bible says. Now, that being said, I am different from every other Christian I know. Like the last poster, I know God created everything-for good, not evil. I believe the animals are put here for food-not that I eat very much meat, though. And I also believe plants are here for all purposes. I have smoked marijuana on & off for 11 years. I have had many great times of felliowship with God while doing it. I do not condone chemical drugs, however-acid, extacy, etc. Those are duh-dangerous! I am very interested in trying mushrooms now. My sister-also a very strong Christian-did it last year and said it was the closest she has ever been to God. I believe He pput these types of things(peyote, too) on earth, for occassional usage to experience these times alone with him. Like the Indians do. I live in Western Washington and have been researching this for a few weeks now. I am now trying to figure out where to hunt. I go to church almost every Sunday, and nobody else talks like I do, so I keep it to myself. My husband-also a strong Christian, has the same views as I do, but he is military and cannot do these things. Anyway, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in! Real Christians are out there! We are not all hate mongers. We just believe what the Bible teaches, and we may not AGREE with the way some people choose to live, but, the real ones never hate!

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: how many real christians are there? [Re: secretmachine]
    #5989724 - 08/23/06 02:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"In reality there has only been one Christian, and he died on the cross."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract