Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
I cant get high anymore
    #2411289 - 03/09/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It sucks.  Last time I smoked some goood weed with a friend.  And like I expected the high went wrong again.  I havent had a good high on weed for like a year now.  Have you ever heard about bad highs, like bad trips just its on weed, well thats what I get everytime I smoke.  I cant talk, my concentration is really fucked up... I mean so bad I can hardly bop my head to music and sing along.  I cant really explain what happens, but I'm like scared about everything when I'm high, I feel like this little mongoloid who cant keep his shit together.  Its the way I see myself when I'm high which is probably the worst problem,  I feel so small and retarded when I'm high and like I dont have a personality anymore.  I dont even like to look in the mirror when I'm high.  My voice gets pretty shaky and high pitched.  Reading this it sounds alot worse than it looks like I'm sure, but I'm trying really good to act straight and normal when I'm high which is why it doesnt look that bad.  I wish I could explain it better.  See the thing is I have an atention disorder and most of my friends do think I'm weird though they say its in a cool way which is allright for me... fuck it, its even cool, but when I'm high its not cool.  The only thing I feel comfortable doing when I'm high is watching a movie in a dark room if I'm with friends, but then I get all scared that I'm doing stuff (like movements with my mouth or thinking out loud uncontrollably).  My main fear is exactly that, that I think I talk with myself while I'm high without noticing it myself.  Tripping or any other drug for that matter doesnt do this to me.  Can anybody relate... please... :confused:  It fucking sucks.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: filthysock]
    #2411517 - 03/09/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't like to get high with friends for a lot of the same reasons but I think that's ok. I still love smoking on my own. I don't know if you're a daily user or something like that but my suggestion would be to space is out more. Abstain for a couple weeks and then try again on your own and if you don't really enjoy your smoke at the end of that period then maybe you need a really long break from it.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2411620 - 03/09/04 06:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This happened to me a couple years after I started smoking.

I got a lot like you described, sort of tense, paranoid.

Try smoking less in one session, that seemed to be causing it for me.

--------------------

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2411821 - 03/09/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That is very very much like how I get EVERY time I smoke weed now, pretty much since this one time I was reminicing with some old summer school friends downtown their hometown and something so terrible happened I can't describe it. We blazed then went to get some food, but every step I took I felt like I'd fall to the ground and collapse. I had no energy and really big depersonalization/derealization (don't know the difference between the two).

Since then, 95% of my highs are bad, at least, and so I've realized its just not worth it anymore. I wish so badly I could get high like in the old days and not be so god damn paranoid about every stupid fucking little thing that's going on in my body/my self image. I wish my friends and I could sit in a circle and pass a joint around like we used to and just tell jokes and funny stories and just laugh and laugh like there's no tommorow, having the best times of our lives.

I don't get the exact same things as you do when I'm high, though I'd argue what I get is just as bad. I don't worry I'm thinking out loud or anything like that, but I have that traditional anxiety where I think my heart's gonna stop beating. This is hard to explain but sometimes I just all of a sudden tune into my heart's beat and nothing else, and for some reason, without fail, all of the time after like a minute I'll sort of zone out of it for a second then in a split second realize I can't feel my heart beat, think I'm about to die, and absolutely SHOOT into an upright position, making my heart all of a sudden seem to go back in action and beat like 1000 bpm. No one has ever noticed this luckily, but I can guaruntee you it must look pretty fucked up.

Also I get this weird feeling where I need to keep touching the top of my head, because it feels kind of like there's a weird force being exerted on my skull or something like that and I always need to just touch it to make it go away, or kind of pull my hair a bit. Pretty messed up.

I don't want to bore you with my shit luck but just please listen to me and stop burning for at least a month so you can calm down. I didn't, I just kept on doing it and it'd get worse and worse until I'm at the point where now I just can't blaze and its not fun at all. I'm pretty sure if I'd stopped at some point and calmed down I'd be able to smoke weed still without having a shit trip.

Edited by jarby (03/09/04 08:02 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2411903 - 03/09/04 08:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

RELAX man you're freaking yourself out.. let it flow

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinewindowlicker42
    #2411905 - 03/09/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Anonymous #1

#2412646 - 03/09/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i get that same thing pretty much... it seems like i get alot higher then i used to, and alot of the time i get paranoid and shit and i get that exact same thing like with the not being able to tell if i'm talking or not. it sounds like we get exactly the same way. I always know in my mind im just being paranoid and shit and if i calm down i have fun, but alot of the time i can't seem to do that... i feel ya, it definately can get frustrating... do you ever still get good highs? i do maybe 10% of the time, and pry over half the time if its the second time in a day i have smoked. anyways i hope it works itself out soon, and you can enjoy weed :stash: :spliff: :stash: again.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2412724 - 03/09/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

WOW dude thats exactly how I get when I get high now. It's been about a year too, all changed after a fucked up trip. But now I think my voice is fucked even when im sober, but when im high it's so uncomfortable I can't fucking stand it. Before when I got high I was fine, like my thought flow and everyhting seemed ok. But, now I know what you man about feeling retarded, same things happens to me. I even tried getting high while on benzos and they helped make me not care about those thoughts and stuff as much, but they still happened and it wasn't fun at all. Pot just isn't for me anymore and that sucks.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: barfightlard]
    #2413360 - 03/10/04 02:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the sooner you guys relax and confront these "attacks," the sooner they'll vanish.

This happened to me when I first got into shrooms - my wee-dsmoking experiences totally changed and it freaked me out, i would have these panic attack type things..

Once I simply relaxed and got interested in what was happening to me, I could lay back and experience these "attacks" in full force, accepting them and breathing calmly while it happened... I don't seem to run into this anymore now

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: Strumpling]
    #2413487 - 03/10/04 03:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've figured that its a mix of two things:
Getting REALLY high really fast and getting paranoid. The thing I have with not knowing if I'm thinking aloud or not is kind of like what jarby said about feeling with his heartbeat all the time, it just depends where your focus of paranoia is, mine is upon my sanity not about body health. I remember before (wow... so many memories) me and my friends would smoke good weed 2-3 and sometimes 4 times a week and just laugh our asses off at the stupidist shit and you know just chill and have a good time. Now it seems like its so impossible. I KNOW there is a way to deal with this problem and kill it once and for all but I wish I knew how, and this is also what I think about alot when I'm high... I wonder if the problem comes from chemical imbalance or just tangled up thoughts.
For the record, I can smoke a tenth of a gram and have a nice high with no paranoia or anything, but its really annoying to keep myself at the tenth of a gram level and never going over board or letting the high die since a tenth of a gram hardly lasts long at all.

--------------------

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2415413 - 03/10/04 04:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah I get the same feeling when I smoke so I just finally decided to call it quits oh well :frown:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: CoolBlue]
    #2416231 - 03/10/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I smoked today and I dont believe it, NO paranoia, NO nerves, NO nothing... just one nice good high :stoned:!!!  I'm not sure if this was a jackpot high but it was great, I was even feeling a bit over-confident and probably ended up being annoying amongst others cause I was over joyed about this.  I dont know how it happened.  My friend said it was REALLY good hash, and my two friends smoking it were so stoned.  I took like a tenth of a bowl, didnt feel much, took a whole bowl, felt high but not anywhere near the nervous paranoia feeling so I just thought I wasnt really getting high at all... I took like 2 more bowls within 15 minutes and all I was getting was a good high, no bad effects, wow... what a relief... like taking a big dump!
I'm confused as to why after a year of paranoid highs it went fine after even 4 bowls!

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2416351 - 03/10/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im certainly glad to hear that. happy smokin man

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2416901 - 03/10/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if that feeling comes back, embrace it and it will leave again.. at least it did in my case

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2417512 - 03/11/04 02:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

1)try smoking less

2) take a good break and then start again ( i mean like 2-3 months, give your mind a rest)

thats what i did when it was goin bad for me, and now everything is ok

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Anonymous #1

Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: Kremlin]
    #2432223 - 03/14/04 08:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You guys are too much......just smoke up and chill out.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: ]
    #2433597 - 03/15/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah well easy for you to say. Imagine you got stressed the fuck out every time you smoked!

--------------------

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
    #2435255 - 03/15/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The same thing was happening to me for like a year. I finally said to myself fuck it. Whenever i start to freak or get nervous around people i just think the same thing....one day im going to be laying on my death bed and do i want to look back and say i never did anything becuase i was freaked out? Or did i do stuff because i simply wanted to do them?

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: I cant get high anymore [Re: Smeogall]
    #2435727 - 03/15/04 06:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You know what, I smoked once again and I didnt freak out... again... that was pretty cool, I only took one bow but I felt how my voice was getting just a taaad bit more nervously high pitch... not much, so I shot up in my seat, cleared my throat and shook my head like in disgust at the stupidity of such fear and immediately conquered my weed shakes... I spent the rest of the high laughing and telling my friend how good this fucking weed was, but in all honesty I was most happy to just be able to enjoy it again. I mean I was fucking proud in a sense.
You know when you first get into shy mode (in any situation) and keep your chin lowered, its harder to raise you're chin and "speak up"... but when you start to get into shy mode and just force yourself to keep your chin up its easier to conquer that initating fear. You know what I mean? Thats what weed is like, that initiating fear that represses me, but when I first feel it and beat it mentally then the rest of the ride'll be cool... I dont know about higher doses though, I feel I have to find out about this, try higher doses and try to fight my fear on that, I have to conquer this completely cause loosing the ability to enjoy yourself while getting high just sucks too much... I would never abuse the drug but I'd hate to never smoke it again.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2435819 - 03/15/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

interestingly enough i smoked this morning (half a joint) and was hardly paranoid or nervous at all. it was the calmest and most relaxed ive been on more than a bowl of good weed for more then six months...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, boO, Ped, Acidic_Sloth, ZippoZ, Rose, yogabunny, Jokeshopbeard
3,988 topic views. 1 members, 23 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.076 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 17 queries.