Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSmellMyFinger
You want me..

Loc: im a sweed
Isolate A mushroom
    #2399241 - 03/03/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

How does one isolate a mushroom to there own environment...I meen starting from spores  I think I know how but would like some clearification on the issue.......would this be the right way..I know that you clone the fastest biggest mushroom...so what is next...should it go something like this....Clone the best......Grow....Make A print of the best of that batch....Grow from spores....Clone Best from spore batch...grow...clone the best from the next batch....after all that you should have a mushroom Ideal for your growing conditions correct :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Isolate A mushroom [Re: SmellMyFinger]
    #2399281 - 03/03/04 05:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

cloning is the easier way to isolate. pick the characteristic you like from the mycliem growth(from the clone you took on agar) and transfer to agar plate into you get the fast growth you want. then transfer wedge to grain.

you can also isolate from spores but that requires some agar work too(much more agar work).

with cloning you know the characteristic of the mushroom.

OfflineAmazonMatt
Mushie muncher

#2399603 - 03/03/04 07:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

After you grow out some of the clone that will be your isolate. If you were to take a print from one of them it would be a Multispore again. I believe it would take a whole lot of cloning and many generations to get those characteristics to be in the spores.

Anonymous

Re: Isolate A mushroom [Re: AmazonMatt]
    #2399621 - 03/03/04 07:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

agreed. that would kinda interesting.

SmellMyFinger - you would have to do alot of research(agar work) to find a mushroom that will grow to your configuration. 

when using agar, you are simply trying to find the healthest and fast growing mushroom.  you have to configure your setup to the mushrooms liking still. :laugh:

OfflineAmazonMatt
Mushie muncher

#2399642 - 03/03/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Rmember this when you clone a shroom that clone is going to be TEK SPECIFIC, meaning if you did PF cakes then cased with 50/50 verm/coir that clone better be done the same way or you will not get the desired affect.

Anonymous

#2402575 - 03/04/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

multispore and clone a fruit that was succesful in your conditions. Easiest way to get something nice for your particular conditions.

If you want to find something really nice, isolate lots of individuals on agar and test each one in your environment. Keep the best one or two you find on agar, and make duplicates for storage.

OfflineSmellMyFinger
You want me..

Loc: im a sweed
    #2403620 - 03/04/04 06:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for all the info....that will help out alot :grin:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2453290 - 03/20/04 02:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Clonign an individual fruit will not guarantee that when you grow it out as a clone later it will take on all the characteristics of the fruit you cloned. Its genetics will be variable with different latent type expressions.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Isolate A mushroom [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2454898 - 03/20/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

A clone is a clone. An exact genetic replica. Any variability will arise form either mutation in the genetics, or it is an expression of phenotype. The variation is in the Gentics + Environment. The genes are the same.

Clones arrising from a multispore, may not behave quite the same due to possible interactions between many dikaryons within the colony leading to the type expression you tried to clone. This clone may act differnetly when it has the house all to itself so to speak.

Is this what you mean Bluemeanie?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation