Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Malt Extract, Potato Dextrose, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Making mushroom extract
    #1099351 - 11/30/02 10:32 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Ok well I want to do this. Grow bulk grain and pick the two fastest growing jars, thinking it would be somewhat close to a pure isolate. I would then take the ramaining jars and extract the psilocybin out of it using "The psilocybin prioducers guide". I want to do this due to lack of space.Is there any substantial amount of psilocybin in a fully colonized quart of grain? Could I let it overmature in the jar to increase the amount of psilocybin in the mycellium? The reason I ask is I have conflicting information about the potency of mycellium. How many doses would you suppose a quart jar has in it? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Loc: Mescaland
Re: Making mushroom extract [Re: resin]
    #1099420 - 11/30/02 11:05 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

thats almost impossible to answer due to the variety and potency of different strains.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Making mushroom extract [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #1099498 - 11/30/02 11:35 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Shr00m0l0gist is right. And why would you want to do that? Just grow the fruit, you might as well. IMO it wouldn't be worth it.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlineboygenius
strangler

Loc: Middle of no-nuthin'
    #1099507 - 11/30/02 11:40 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Read a little. Why would the fastest growing jars be "pure isolates" if all of the jars were multispore inocculated? Have you actually read the "Psilocybin Producers Guide"? The entire method deals with liquid growth mediums (MEA, PDA, etc). You refer to "growing out" jars of grain. Yet, you expect someone to tell you how many "doses" you can expect from one quart jar. I recommend dosing yourself with a long session in the FAQ's.

--------------------
"It's too nice of a day to be stupid indoors"  ~ Ren

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Making mushroom extract [Re: boygenius]
    #1099652 - 12/01/02 12:50 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Ok. Cubensis mushrooms do not vary GREATLY in potency. The potency is about the same. basically I want to grow the most robust jar out "kinda" or "somewhat" or "to some extent" like a pure isolate in "some way" or "fasion". I dont have enough room for 12 full casings so im left with 10 worthless quart jars. I cant let them sit there untill my casings are finished It will be too long of a period. So I was wanting to (instead of throwing away the grain) extract the psilocybine out of them. Its too cold to throw outside. Please do not try to act like your a mycologist because you read some teks man(if not the case then disregard). By "doses" I mean am I saving somthing, or wasting my time; not "3.345 grams". Im just needing a basic understanding not to the exact T. Ive read plenty Thanks

Edited by resin (12/01/02 12:55 AM)

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: resin]
    #1099869 - 12/01/02 02:07 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Offlinerhizo
herb eater

Loc: Asia
    #1100040 - 12/01/02 03:18 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

choices

a) put them in the fridge and case when you want to
b) scoop out some substrate and fruit invitro
c) steep them in water and use the water to hydrate your casing(i do this with coir) <-- i discuss what i do on this thread .

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #1100587 - 12/01/02 12:03 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

I`ve made shroom tea out of quart jars of wheat berries colonized 100 % with the PESA Amazonian strain and they kicked 2 persons asses or made 4 people trip moderately. When my wife and I split a quart jar of tea we got STRONG visuals. Spawn was quite purple when it hit that hot water...... don`t boil it in it ,,,,,, just crumble the spawn and let it steep in the hot water for about 10-15 minutes.. then strain through cheese cloth or whatever and drink and trip . You don`t want to drink anything with verm in it. It will cause stomach cramps.... won`t digest....after all it`s made from rock.....real bummer.. Have fun extracting !!!!!! Oh yeah....... Everclear....or pure grain alcohol.....190 proof..... works real well too...... let it soak on the booze over night and strain and drink on !...... The booze buzz will kick those fuckers in but be careful lol..... don`t put in to much Everclear or you`ll be more drunk than psychedelic ............

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Malt Extract, Potato Dextrose, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation