Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 3
    #23344050 -

Yeah, I think that the hot button "issue" threads should get chucked into their respective forums.  Put this gun control stuff into either the political discussion or gun forums, stuff the trans threads into the sex forum, Muslim threads can chill in the religion forum, etc.  Obviously a lot of this stuff is at mod discretion; I don't think there should be hard rules or guidelines for it. 

Of the 3 forums I frequent, this is the only one that has no specific forum for the type of hardcore debated we're talking about here.  At those forums, those threads live in the debate rooms and it seems to keep butthurt and hard feelings contained.  I'm not sure it would work here, but I've seen it work at other places (one of these forums is much smaller than shroomery, the other is much bigger).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: JustForToday] * 1
    #23344103 -

JustForToday said:
Well, tbh, I caught on to the fact there is a lot of hate here. So instead of "melting" more, like people accuse me of doing. My ignore list has 31 people on it that are never coming off and i've never been happier.

There are a select few members here I really enjoy seeing their posts and really wouldn't mind going out to dinner casually sometime.

ThayendanegeaS, Burke, YogaBunny, Niffla, ZappaisGod, Dark Star, etc.

Just wish the mods would use the ban hammer more often on people that just wanna stir up stuff.:shrug:



You've ignored everyone of those people because you can't handle constructive criticism. every single person i've met from the shroomery has been genuinely nice and good company, it's not that there's a lot of hate here, you just have issues dealing with other people likely because of your disorder or whatever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #23344107 -

Burke Dennings said:
Yeah, I think that the hot button "issue" threads should get chucked into their respective forums.  Put this gun control stuff into either the political discussion or gun forums, stuff the trans threads into the sex forum, Muslim threads can chill in the religion forum, etc.  Obviously a lot of this stuff is at mod discretion; I don't think there should be hard rules or guidelines for it. 

Of the 3 forums I frequent, this is the only one that has no specific forum for the type of hardcore debated we're talking about here.  At those forums, those threads live in the debate rooms and it seems to keep butthurt and hard feelings contained.  I'm not sure it would work here, but I've seen it work at other places (one of these forums is much smaller than shroomery, the other is much bigger).




what about republican transexual muslim threads?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: 404] * 1
    #23344108 -

I'll take those ones.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: 404] * 2
    #23344110 -

Steroid using wife beating democrat voting closet gay radical islamic muslim threads? :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #23344117 -

ReposadoXochipilli said:
most pubs don't allow politics or religion to be topics of discussion because it is always a bad time and redundant, that seems pretty reasonable to enforce here.

we also already have forums for those two topics to get moved to...




:cookiemonster:

I was gonna say...When I was a bartender in NYC there was a saying - "Don't bring up Politics, Religion or Abortion at the bar"

I think if we start implementing that tactic here, and funneling these hot button issue topics into their respective sub-fora (:wink: Enlil) then we may be able to achieve a friendlier, shroomyer Pub.


Thayendanegea said:
The only true culprit in any of these killings is hate. Hate is disguised with Religion or upbringing or beliefs. Hate is what killed all those people, not a Muslim extremist or a homophobe or both. Only love and tolerance can overcome hate...not more hate.
Like light and dark...light always overcomes darkness.

I also think everyone tries to confuse religiosity with spirituality. They are not the same....Religiosity overwhelmingly teaches with negative tenets while spirituality does not. Spirituality is about helping others, regardless of their beliefs or yours.




Amen amen amen! Thank you for putting into words what's been on my mind for the past couple of days. :bunnyhug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: yogabunny]
    #23344155 -

Was actually visiting Orlando for the week, and was at another bar 5 minutes from this one. It was very crazy you could hear all the commotion and gunshots ..

I heard at least 200-300 gunshots, It's hard to believe one person was behind all this !!


--------------------
.                      Explore the unknown!
                      :aliendance:
                      Love forever & always..
                                      :heart:
:pm: me if you ever need anything! I try to check them daily! :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #23344166 -

SirShroomsAlott said:
JustForToday said:
Well, tbh, I caught on to the fact there is a lot of hate here. So instead of "melting" more, like people accuse me of doing. My ignore list has 31 people on it that are never coming off and i've never been happier.

There are a select few members here I really enjoy seeing their posts and really wouldn't mind going out to dinner casually sometime.

ThayendanegeaS, Burke, YogaBunny, Niffla, ZappaisGod, Dark Star, etc.

Just wish the mods would use the ban hammer more often on people that just wanna stir up stuff.:shrug:



I'm truly saying this in the nicest of ways, but sometimes it's hard to tell if you're intentionally stirring shit up, a lot of times I honestly can't even tell if you're trolling/baiting with some of your threads and responses, granted that lately I haven't noticed it as much. I'm not saying anything bad about you and hope that if anything you'll just take this as a slight criticism because this is truly just my opinion on what I've observed.



Understood, but to be fair, 99% of the threads I make i'm really serious. Not trolling. I am borderline personality disorder and I need therapy. It's as simple as that.


--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: ShroomyBudz]
    #23344167 -

there were police with guns too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: 404]
    #23344209 -

I wonder if Alex Jones is calling this one a false flag too.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: PLURAL] * 4
    #23344246 -

What about just going back to strictly enforcing the rules of content and civility? Before they started slacking off on those rules when Gumby and Newbie left the pub used to be far more nice of a place to frequent. At least with that we know it works. Removing points of heated discussion from the pub seems like it has a high potential to remove a lot of the traffic here. A lot of these snarly one liners are sparked by the fact that you know, you can post that shit and get away with it. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: yogabunny]
    #23344256 -

yogabunny said:
This isn't a public meeting or legislative assembly though.

It's a virtual Pub. Somewhere to meet and chill with kindred spirits and like minded folks. 

Perhaps banning debate is not the answer, but I do not think the Pub should be a debate oriented forum.



just let me PM u a list of all the users to permaban instead


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #23344259 -

yeah, i like being able to get more traffic here because it's an any topic goes. granted, the heated ones get ridic like anything about cops and guns and shootings.

im just kind of talking about general stuff that i need help with, its nice to post it here when needed as posting the threads elsewhere gets minimal traffic. i dunno, im rambling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Sheekle] * 1
    #23344265 -

1. Sheekle


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: PLURAL] * 1
    #23344269 -

keep meltin


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Sheekle]
    #23344274 -

I was just saying that you're #1, Sheekle.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: PLURAL] * 5
    #23344285 -

I know, I was just saying that your heart is melting for me and I appreciate it


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Sheekle]
    #23344295 -

Aweeeee :datass:


--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Sheekle] * 1
    #23344306 -

I just made the decision to put treant on ignore. Win win for me. Y'all should start with her and ban her. She is the drama queen. She personally bragged once about being "unbannable" in the RR and that she could break all the rules?


--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: JustForToday]
    #23344313 -

ive got 92 problems on my ignore list and a bitch ain't one


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pub = Lame Prodijal_Son 2,062 13 03/07/03 01:21 AM
by Just a Punk
* hookah/oxygen bar
( 1 2 all )
MilkVein 4,966 33 04/27/04 11:45 PM
by Wysefool
* Drunk...in....Pub...Li.....C SoDak_Stranger 816 4 07/12/04 10:01 AM
by TheDude
* Your shroomery routine.
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 3,138 29 03/18/04 10:03 PM
by Gus
* Pub... offering Sunday Brunch
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 1,154 22 04/25/04 02:08 PM
by Adom
* im gonna beat the pub notapillow 670 19 06/02/04 01:38 AM
by Tomatadunothing
* I've decided the Pub is the place to be.
( 1 2 all )
LoverOfMana 3,745 27 05/08/04 01:51 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* First Pub Post Todcasil 1,207 5 06/26/04 12:39 PM
by Todcasil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
18,924 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.