Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
OfflineLove_spirit
Circle Of Power
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Asante] * 1
    #23341072 - 06/13/16 08:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You can have morality and love without religion.
Religion lays claim to the most powerful of emotions.
It's like how McDonald's took the word love for their slogan.

I've kissed guys in public with a bunch of people around and I'm always aware that there's a degree of risk.

The internet is by definition a safe place.
It's just some words and images on a screen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Love_spirit] * 4
    #23341199 - 06/13/16 09:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Love_spirit said:
The internet is by definition a safe place.
It's just some words and images on a screen.

You are aware that many have taken their own lives as a result of online, or cyber-bullying? This is obviously a worst case scenario, however far more (psychological) harm occurs that people keep bottled up inside. This can cause a case of ill-health mentally.

It is a safe place in respect that one is free from physical harm, but that in no way makes it safe. It becomes safe only when you find a place in it where you are free from hate, judgement and bullying.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblefalsereality

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #23341242 - 06/13/16 09:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I would hazard a guess that the shooter was bi, as he had been drinking at Pulse for several years, some of the surviving victims said they spoke to him on several occasions, and said he was often loud and violent while he was intoxicated. Couple this with his bipolar diagnosis and this tragedy becomes not exactly as clear cut as people are making this out to be. While he pled his allegiance to ISIS, I can't get over the fact that he had been drinking at Pulse for a long time, way longer than it would take to sufficiently plan an attack, memorize layout, scout security etc...

Is it possible he was self-loathing because his religion taught him it wasn't ok to be gay/bi?

Anyways, I don't know why this is stickied :shrug:. Why did you sticky this Asante?

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: falsereality] * 1
    #23341266 - 06/13/16 09:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

there are a lot of holes in the story, i have heard rumors from people in china saying that the feds had interviewed him.. i dont have  a source for that..

but i think this is a sticky because this place has turned into an all around shit storm and this tragedy just brings more light on the overall vibe of this place.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: falsereality] * 2
    #23341276 - 06/13/16 09:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

falsereality said:

Anyways, I don't know why this is stickied :shrug:. Why did you sticky this Asante?

Think more about the health of the Shroomery's Pub, than the shooting atm , think abougt the abuse that people take around here.  It's a hard reach I guess when frustrations are boiling out there and in here simultaneously, but there is some sense in it.  I see why it's a hard connection for some of you to make.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: CosmicJoke] * 2
    #23341311 - 06/13/16 09:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

As CJ said, Asante started the thread in the hope of members here seeing the analogy between what is happening out there, and what is happening with the community in here. It seems more and more people are harking back to the Shroomery culture of old, as there is a growing undercurrent of animosity, disrespect, judgementalism and sometimes all out hate for certain members creeping into the culture.

There is a separate thread for discussion purely pertaining to the incident:

50+ people dead in Terrorist attack in Orlando, shot at night club

I think many have missed what Asante was trying to point out here, however with careful examination of the OP it is very apparent.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: CosmicJoke] * 2
    #23341321 - 06/13/16 09:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Not that this is any surprise, because often times the worst homophobes are closet cases but news is now breaking that the shooter was a regular at the bar, has profiles on Grindr and other apps and people that know him say he was gay.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Vriska Serket] * 1
    #23341322 - 06/13/16 09:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vriska Serket said:
didn't read the thread, just wanted to say to you asante, thank you, as another LGBT memeber of this website I'm glad to see you draw this comparison, because you are in fact right.

God save us, everyone <3

An LGBT member which is apparently not secular friendly.  What a shame.  No god is saving anyone.

OfflineVriska Serket
Mindfang
Female

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: California] * 2
    #23341340 - 06/13/16 09:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

its an expression you fucking nonce

--------------------
the queen of shitposting

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: California] * 1
    #23341346 - 06/13/16 09:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-orlando-nightclub-shooting-20160613-snap-story,amp.html?client=safari#

Quote:

The gunman who attacked a Florida LGBT nightclub had attended the club before the attack and had used a gay dating and chat app, witnesses said.

Kevin West, a regular at Pulse nightclub, said Omar Mateen messaged him on and off for a year before the shooting using the gay chat and dating app Jack’d.

At least four regular customers of Pulse, the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender nightclub where the massacre took place, told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that they believed they had seen Mateen there before.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," said Ty Smith, who also uses the name Aries.

He saw Mateen at the club at least a dozen times, he said.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (06/13/16 09:44 PM)

InvisibleCalifornia
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Vriska Serket] * 1
    #23341350 - 06/13/16 09:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vriska Serket said:

It is a religious expression. You aren't very shroomy at all.  Perhaps you are part of this perceived problem.
Help i am being verbally assaulted.

Edited by California (06/13/16 09:46 PM)

OfflineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: koods] * 1
    #23341355 - 06/13/16 09:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I have read other news sources saying there were multiple assailants. Anyone else confirm that?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Mickalopagus] * 1
    #23341358 - 06/13/16 09:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Knock it off guys. You're harshing my buzz.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineVriska Serket
Mindfang
Female

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: California]
    #23341360 - 06/13/16 09:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I eat black holes for breakfast! I bend my genes and whittle my DNA with the sheer force of my mighty will! I steer my own god damn evolution! I ran 'em out of Heaven and sold it to Hell for a profit! I'm enlightened, I achieved `Nirvana' and took it home with me. Yip, yip, YEEEEEEE! I'm so ugly the Speed of Light can't slow me down and Gravity won't tug at my cuffs! When the Rapture comes, I'll make 'em wait! They'll never clean my cage!

--------------------
the queen of shitposting

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #23341365 - 06/13/16 09:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for your post Asante.  I am not going to debate anything, point any fingers, or address two particular scumbags posting within because i realize that this thread is'nt the place for it.  As homosexuals, i can only hope that this incident makes us embrace our sexuality to an even stronger degree and to not live in fear.  We are all soldiers on this planet and the war we fight, on battlefields both within and without, is that ov love versus restriction.  As with any minority we must not feel compelled to be considered special in light ov our disposition, we must be considered free in life ov our passion to embrace it.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Vriska Serket] * 2
    #23341375 - 06/13/16 09:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vriska Serket said:

This is, I feel, an example of what Asante was calling for us all to think about. You could have made that same point quite succinctly without chucking in an insult.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleCalifornia
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #23341393 - 06/13/16 09:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Vriska Serket said:

This is, I feel, an example of what Asante was calling for us all to think about. You could have made that same point quite succinctly without chucking in an insult.

And leave it to one of the people of the alleged community of victims to throw a stone in this thread.
Obviously a great help to us all.

OfflineVriska Serket
Mindfang
Female

#23341415 - 06/13/16 10:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

aint nothing but a bit of banter lads, but I do see where I was wrong, my bad

--------------------
the queen of shitposting

InvisibleCalifornia
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Vriska Serket] * 4
    #23341425 - 06/13/16 10:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vriska Serket said:
aint nothing but a bit of banter lads, but I do see where I was wrong, my bad

If I tried that shit in a thread like this I would have been banned, and then warned.  Enjoy your obvious privilege and don't forget to thank Asante.

OfflineVriska Serket
Mindfang
Female

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: California]
    #23341431 - 06/13/16 10:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for accepting my apology

--------------------
the queen of shitposting

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals