Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: falsereality]
    #23343825 - 06/14/16 03:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This isn't a public meeting or legislative assembly though.

It's a virtual Pub. Somewhere to meet and chill with kindred spirits and like minded folks. 

Perhaps banning debate is not the answer, but I do not think the Pub should be a debate oriented forum.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Loc: PLUR
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: yogabunny]
    #23343826 - 06/14/16 03:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Let's debate banning debating.

Lol, that leaves way to much up to moderator discretion.

I know a lot of you guys like that but that much is not good for the end-user.

Even banning debate threads seems like it'd be a lot of work.

Ban political discussion and enforce the current rules and sitewide guidelines, hell if you really want to even incorporate the behavioral guidelines.

If you can't ban someone under any of those they do not deserve to be banned.

It's pretty simple, idk how you guys don't get it. No major changes needed, except the banning of political discussion.

The rules are already in place, just enforce them.

--------------------
PLUR

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 3
    #23343831 - 06/14/16 03:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Do you guys think other highly active threads are gonna magically pop up to take their place? If your issue is with the hostilities then ban hate magnets like hostileuniverse and psychonautica. Its more often then not a select few causing issues.

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: PLURAL]
    #23343834 - 06/14/16 03:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Treana said:
Let's debate banning debating.

:kingtard:

--------------------

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Wormi]
    #23343838 - 06/14/16 03:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wormi said:
Living in Orlando my entire life, I knew a group of folks who were in the club and made it out with their lives. Some are injured but everyone I know is okay. I weep for humanity.

I'm happy to hear they are safe. :hug:

I wept earlier today about it. Such senseless violence. Such vile behavior. It seems to be getting more apparent lately and I feel incredibly hopeless.

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #23343862 - 06/14/16 03:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The best you could do would be make a new nerfed version of the pub where shroominess is strictly enforced.

You can't ban debate, it would just create an endless debate over what conversations are debates .

Create a safe space for those who wanted , but don't be surprised when the vast majority of people prefer to stay here .

Shroominess to me equals three things - laid back, kind and open minded .

Sadly none of those describe the shroomery at all.

In fact the shroomery has consistently been the only source of cruelty, hostility, mean spirited aggression and just plain nastiness in my life.

Everyone in my real life is very kind and loving , but I get a daily dose of vitriol and spite every Single day I log on to the shroomery .

Over the years the constant drip of vileness that is the shroomery has changed me. On the plus side it has given me a thick skin and a straight back, and taught me to stand up to bullies and never buy into or internalize other people's projected misery and bile.

But on the negative side it's an exposure to something rancid I would never have otherwise and exposes me to completely unessesary levels of nastiness.

Some time ago I completely cut news of all kinds out of my life because it's nothing but negativity and sickness .

To be honest the shroomery is largely the same now and I should probably drop the shroomery habit too.

I have figured out a life hack that helps a lot but I can't share it.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23343873 - 06/14/16 03:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the input and ideas Moonshoe. Hope you don't go!

:bunnypeace:

Leaving this place as it is and creating an entirely new forum is definitely one way we could go. I definitely like the idea of a whole new clean slate....

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #23343879 - 06/14/16 03:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There's certainly a lot of hatefulness here but that can be said for anywhere, especially on the internet, but I've definitely seen a lot of nice, kind, and chill people here as well, more so then other places on the internet IMHO, I think it's just that the hate gets more focus and people feel more strongly and are more likely to respond to a hateful comment and then it spirals downward from there, ignoring mean or spiteful comments is the most you can really do and try to focus and respond to the positive ones

I hope you don't leave either :sad:

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Loc: PLUR
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: yogabunny]
    #23343933 - 06/14/16 04:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck this shit, this place is getting too bad.

In protest after tomorrow morning I will be taking a four week leave of absence from the boards just to show you guys how serious I am.

--------------------
PLUR

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #23343935 - 06/14/16 04:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks very much both or you :heart:

There are definitely a lot of absolutely wonderful people here and a lot of kindness and love .

But the haters are so relentless and dedicated to their nastiness that they often overshadow the good.

It only takes a few people vomiting and diarrheaing all over to ruin even the nicest party .

Even then I wish I could say it's just a few bad apples that spoil the bunch but as time goes on I'm not so sure- sometimes it seems like the kind and compassionate and respectful ones are becoming the minority.

The more I think about it the more I think we really do need a special forum specifically reserved for people who want to participate in a truly shroomery atmosphere, and have one part of the shroomery strictly for Peaceful, loving, respectful interaction .

After all we have ODD for people who want to be nasty, we should have the opposite too.

Maybe The Pub was that once but that era Ended  long ago.

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Moonshoe] * 2
    #23343963 - 06/14/16 04:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, you guys go off and impose your own shit on some other board. Have fun when nobody posts there.

"You guys cant debate anymore cause ur mean!"

Fuck outta here.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #23343988 - 06/14/16 04:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Do you guys think other highly active threads are gonna magically pop up to take their place? If your issue is with the hostilities then ban hate magnets like hostileuniverse and psychonautica. Its more often then not a select few causing issues.

I'm flattered you spend so much time and energy hating me

Fact is, if the people who are offended by other people would just use the ignore function, most debates wouldn't delve into the rotting cesspools that they do, IMO

The constantly offended seem hell bent on derailing every thread with their insults and belittling of other people with whom they disagree

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #23344000 - 06/14/16 04:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck man, The Pub.

I am really trying to think of ways to clean it up without starting over, or us going on a banning spree. It is our fault This Place has turned dark too, you know?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineJustForToday
New Life, New Beginnings

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Moonshoe] * 3
    #23344019 - 06/14/16 04:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, tbh, I caught on to the fact there is a lot of hate here. So instead of "melting" more, like people accuse me of doing. My ignore list has 31 people on it that are never coming off and i've never been happier.

There are a select few members here I really enjoy seeing their posts and really wouldn't mind going out to dinner casually sometime.

ThayendanegeaS, Burke, YogaBunny, Niffla, ZappaisGod, Dark Star, etc.

Just wish the mods would use the ban hammer more often on people that just wanna stir up stuff.:shrug:

--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#23344020 - 06/14/16 04:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Yeah, you guys go off and impose your own shit on some other board. Have fun when nobody posts there.

"You guys cant debate anymore cause ur mean!"

Fuck outta here.

I suggested leaving the Pub as is and create a seperate nerfed "safe space " sub forum for those who want it.

I also pointed out that very few people would use such a padded wall sub forum (myself included) but it should be there for those who want it.

--------------------

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #23344022 - 06/14/16 04:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How about we stop taking eachother so seriously and stop be so butthurt sensitive all the time?

Embrace the back and forth and laugh about it at the end of the day?

Nah, thats to much to ask for

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Rose] * 1
    #23344025 - 06/14/16 04:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

most pubs don't allow politics or religion to be topics of discussion because it is always a bad time and redundant, that seems pretty reasonable to enforce here.

we also already have forums for those two topics to get moved to...

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: JustForToday] * 3
    #23344033 - 06/14/16 04:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JustForToday said:
Well, tbh, I caught on to the fact there is a lot of hate here. So instead of "melting" more, like people accuse me of doing. My ignore list has 31 people on it that are never coming off and i've never been happier.

There are a select few members here I really enjoy seeing their posts and really wouldn't mind going out to dinner casually sometime.

ThayendanegeaS, Burke, YogaBunny, Niffla, ZappaisGod, Dark Star, etc.

Just wish the mods would use the ban hammer more often on people that just wanna stir up stuff.:shrug:

I'm truly saying this in the nicest of ways, but sometimes it's hard to tell if you're intentionally stirring shit up, a lot of times I honestly can't even tell if you're trolling/baiting with some of your threads and responses, granted that lately I haven't noticed it as much. I'm not saying anything bad about you and hope that if anything you'll just take this as a slight criticism because this is truly just my opinion on what I've observed.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: Plain]
    #23344037 - 06/14/16 04:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Even with a healthy sense of humour and a relatively thick skin, unremitting maliciousness and bile does wear on the soul over time .

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: The Orlando Gay Bar Massacre and the Shroomery Pub -- Real Talk [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #23344044 - 06/14/16 04:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lol...now we're debating what a debate is....The epitome of the exact opposite of what "Shroomy" behavior is. Burkes' assessment covered a lot of the main spirit.

Shroomy, to me is trying to be helpful to the masses....not just breaking someone's opinion down until they cry uncle just for the sake of winning an argument and your own glib satisfaction. There seem to be way too many people who are fixated on debating every word of every comment simply for the sake of saying they're right.
I think being Shroomy is trying to do the next right thing rather than beat someone down for the mere sake of winning an unwinnable debate. It is helping others rather than tearing them down for your own amusement or for the sake of being funny. The actual essence of a mushroom trip is that amazing feeling of "oneness" with everything alive in our world...that connection we all have from whatever background we come from or whatever color we are. We are all connected.

The only true culprit in any of these killings is hate. Hate is disguised with Religion or upbringing or beliefs. Hate is what killed all those people, not a Muslim extremist or a homophobe or both. Only love and tolerance can overcome hate...not more hate.
Like light and dark...light always overcomes darkness.

I also think everyone tries to confuse religiosity with spirituality. They are not the same....Religiosity overwhelmingly teaches with negative tenets while spirituality does not. Spirituality is about helping others, regardless of their beliefs or yours.

Someone earlier said that they felt the world was changing...people overall are becoming more polarized and acidic in their beliefs...I have sensed that too but there is indeed only one person that I can do anything about and I struggle enough with that person...I try to be more in the solution than the problem now adays...to be more "shroomy"

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder