Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A Question About Fucking With DNA
    #2331273 -

We've been having some discussion about messing with DNA, cloning, etc... the idea intrigues me. I haven't really thought much about it, and don't really stand anywhere; I just have collections of thoughts floating around...

Anyways, I thought of a concept revolving around this that I think is very intriguing.

So, let's say that we start fucking with us genetically. Changing hair colour, everything like that... well, here is the thing:

I want wings.

And maybe lower legs that have tiger fur and big ass cat feet with claws.

You heard me. This takes the discussion in a different direction. What would be "wrong" with integrating animal DNA with our own?

If we are going to start altering our physical bodies, then I see no reason why it would be "wrong" to start mixing other animal's DNA with our own.

See, here is the thing. Our minds are ours to shape as we wish. They can be programmed to any end... we already all accept this as truth. Our minds can go with the flow and can basically do anything.

Well, I think it is time to upgrade our physical realm as well. I'm thinking we get a bigger DNA bank. We then need to tweak it so our mind will have the ability to alter our DNA as we go along through life. Add some programming to DNA that allows us to have the mental capabilites of basically morphing our bodies.

Technology is said to be evolution for us by some... it is what we have used to get as far as we did. We rely on technology to fill in for our shortcomings... I think technology could bring the ability to allow us to shape shift, heal, keep these bodies from degrading...

If I can't have wings, then there is obviously no point to life or evolution. OBVIOUSLY.  :evil:

That is all.  :laugh:
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331311 -

The human body is already pretty good, I don't know if it is ready for upgrades.

Quote:
If I can't have wings, then there is obviously no point to life or evolution. OBVIOUSLY.




Try Red Bull, it gives you wings!


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331330 -

I want wings

lol. well I don't know about that (although it's entirely possible). we shouldn't be messing with DNA just for the sake of messing with DNA. I'm thinking of cloning and genetic engineering more from the perspective of medical science. most of us are at an age where we would actually be able to benefit from it if the technology is allowed to mature in the next couple of decades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2331331 -

Well, I dunno about that. It is pretty good... but I still can't fly. :wink:

Seriously, though. Isn't this where this is headed? Isn't this the theory of evolution? Not on a spiritual level, but a physical level... well, of course, apparently we are going to gradually leave the physical realm... but isn't there going to be a time before that happens where our bodies could be anything or everything?

What about consciousness? What ABOUT CONSCIOUSNESS?! :grin:
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331344 -

Quote:
Seriously, though. Isn't this where this is headed? Isn't this the theory of evolution? Not on a spiritual level, but a physical level... well, of course, apparently we are going to gradually leave the physical realm... but isn't there going to be a time before that happens where our bodies could be anything or everything?






I'm not sure where evolution is headed. People are getting taller, and their toes are getting shorter, that's about it!


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2331351 -

infidelGOD said:
lol. well I don't know about that (although it's entirely possible). we shouldn't be messing with DNA just for the sake of messing with DNA. I'm thinking of cloning and genetic engineering more from the perspective of medical science. most of us are at an age where we would actually be able to benefit from it if the technology is allowed to mature in the next couple of decades.



But people are going to want wings. hehe. Its like... it wouldn't just be for the sake of messing with DNA. It would be about evolving to a point where we could mentally change our physical body towards whatever end we wish.... like even in the matter of moments.

Once you know the code, the power is yours, basically. It would be the pinnacle of physical adapation....
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331358 -

Fodder Wing had the right idea. He put a bunch of chicken feathers on his shirt with tar. He then attempted to fly by jumping off of a building, the only problem was that it crippled him.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2331383 -

Quote:
it crippled him



Yep...that is certainly one of his problems  :wink:


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331465 -

Well, then, none of you would need to take shrooms any more, once you started seeing people flying.  :rolleyes:

Just in case I offended anyone with the :rolleyes:, I should have put :grin:. 

I really didn't intend to offend anyone.  I wasn't intending to criticize anyone, either.  Mea culpa. 


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Edited by Frog (02/13/04 04:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: Frog]
    #2331477 -

who said anything about need? and who said anything about no more tripping. that wouldn't cool man!!!!


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2331485 -

yeah fireworks, that would be great if we could fly.

genetics is up in the air., but I do agree that once the code is cracked, it'll be smooth sailing. hey is there a code cracker online that I can download??


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: kaiowas]
    #2331639 -

kaiowas said:
and who said anything about no more tripping.  that wouldn't cool man!!!!



No shit!  That'd be a hard tradeoff...tripping or wings?...hmmm... :mushroom2:


--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: Renegade8]
    #2331766 -

Quote:
No shit! That'd be a hard tradeoff...tripping or wings?...hmmm...





I would do what towlie did

Quote:
Towlie said:
I choose, I choose.....BOTH!




--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question About Fucking With DNA [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2331808 -

Towlie kicks ass!  :spliff:


--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DNA = SRM (self replicating molecule) Zero7a1 985 5 11/05/02 04:48 PM
by Zero7a1
* Shroomism i need a question answered
( 1 2 3 all )
johnnyfive 5,689 47 10/06/02 09:07 PM
by johnnyfive
* Can technology fix the problems technology created upupup 1,946 19 12/13/02 09:51 PM
by Floydian
* the advance of technology LoverofEarth 1,260 13 03/07/03 05:29 AM
by Strumpling
* DNA: The universe's most intelligent computer? tekramrepus 2,019 18 10/22/03 11:46 PM
by tekramrepus
* Does DNA control us, or do we control DNA? Amnesiac 2,381 11 08/27/03 02:15 AM
by Rhizoid
* dna?
( 1 2 3 all )
mr crisper 2,519 55 01/31/03 05:06 AM
by Catalysis
* More questions about Religion
( 1 2 all )
shroom-girlie 4,239 24 08/07/01 10:50 AM
by CosmicJoke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
825 topic views. 0 members, 27 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.