Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
DNA = SRM (self replicating molecule)
    #1018948 - 11/03/02 06:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the first self replication molecule to my knowledge was created when the eart was still a wee lad, when hydrogen rich in the atmosphere was fused together by the strong rays of the sun to create the worlds First self replication molecule. i believe that with each piece of DNA are codes for the next higher (entropological?) level. the much more ordered state of existence. the human genome, enormous, designed and coded for millions of protiens to synthesize the human being a genetic map. but within this map i believe and i dont know if people already talk about this or whatever, but i believe that there is almost a predestined space in human advancement hidden within the genes from the previous jump in human evolution, and maybe when one comes to it one member of the spieces or collecively as a whole stumbles upon something to break one from the cycle of death which plaques that species they will unlock the code and genetically advance, like gaining levels in an RPG game. maybe thats what all these centuries of thinkers and philosophers have been working towards, and what we see today is a conflict in the gene pool a survival of the fittest between nations and people. all fighting for there ideals and routines over one another when they should really be looking for an answer. evolution wont bend to the bad, its not possible it would be a fallacy and science as we know does not work like that. So i think that sooner or later someone or something will break code and solve the mystery and move our species onto the next realm of existence. questions comments, feel free after all we cant move without moving together. were all tied by our genes! we family :smile:

i believe that shrooms help us obtain this knowledge of the code so we can break it, maybe it dissolves the code into rational explanation and understanding. 

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: DNA = SRM (self replicating molecule) [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1021134 - 11/04/02 03:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Telomeres... I don't see us getting around them.

Rather than immortality, we should focus on life extension and consciousness expansion. Then all agree not to have children until we're like 80 or so (lifespan in the 150 year range). We'd all be at least a little wiser and would be better parents. More wisdom (overall) is a good thing.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
    #1021260 - 11/04/02 03:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the goal of our dna is to self replicate for sure, and survival of the fittest requires a high genetic turnover, so as to best match its traits to the environment......
thus a long life span is going to throw a spanner in the works in dna's progressive tendency to provide the best adaptations to its human transport machine for the environment that we live in
if we did live longer, then the old model ie: you when your 80 years old, is still going to be pumping out replications of itself that have long been superceded by your offsprings more adaptive (however slight) qualities, this is inefficient, and counter-productive and hence we die at a relatively young age....

& talking about evolution as if it has a goal in mind, that the ultimate is to live a long life, is contradictory to its nature ....... read some stephen jay gould if your into this
like 'the panda's thumb', v.interesting... maybe you already have  :wink:

some researchers have already found a 'long life' gene, and deduced that when your born your fate is already sealed, your dna has a certain number of turnovers within your body, and when those are used up, and your hairs fallen out, your skins a few sizes too big, your backs decomposing etc. then its game over, unless you can tweak that gene as in designer babies, or some other method they are working out, (taking a supplement)
peace

Edited by deepr (11/04/02 03:56 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: DNA = SRM (self replicating molecule) [Re: deepr]
    #1022206 - 11/04/02 09:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well i dont know im not so concerned with long life as i am interested in the easy access potential of every human on a higher level, that maybe our thoughts which move our actions and create the environment around us that those actions come back in the form of genetic mutation not only freeing the human from the problems we face today but also getting closer or more advanced, i guess the product is what you might wonder about aliens coming from another planet advanced, no need for speech so no more throat, people can become telepathic. i think either the human by generation weakens the code keeping him from being in a higher state like chains on a prisoner, each generation slowly wearing away at each link to free us genetically and metaphysically i guess to a higher state of evolution, this could be coupled with longetivity, but i dont think you can make someone live longer in one life i mean you were already born but i think you can change maybe change your own dna like change the blood lines of a species so to speak. mlaybe this is primatively how we became to be molded by our surroundings. this makes me think of cancer like maybe its just an error occurred during giant leaps in evolution primative behavior of cells like a flawed crystal but imagine if one knew how to harness those forces people could begin to open there minds for the generations and people couldnt hide behind physical defects in the brain which make them stupid which brings to me to wonder why are some of us more likely to understand the world than others? accept truth? im not trying to make this some kind of paper, just want to adress some question out there maybe people have thought about maybe link some things together. theres always that crap abotu mental conditioning your environment your genes fuck it, its how we are but maybe just maybe something physical lies in the way blocking spiritual or true knowlledge, the ability to be awake. linked to our genes linked to our environment linked to our thoughts so on and so on... maybe we can change the whole dynamic sequencing of our genes to have faster turn overs, the more humans know maybe the need to meet up with those demands is created by the dna, so one has a greater stamina to conquer problems ... well i dont know thats some rant maybe anyone wants to stick in their ideas FEEL FREE dont be shy :smile:

--------------------
What?

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1023733 - 11/05/02 11:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

To control the whole mind is to control the reality in which it exists.DNA is the receptor of the informational matrix that "realizes" our genetic expression.To control mind(conscious information) is to tap into and control the matrix of information which "realizes" the physical hence any physical state is possible that can be created by "mind".Our "cellular quantum coaxial self replicating recievers" process information on a quantum level as does our "mind" hence with the growth and refinement of "mind" will acess to our "code" as it were will be achieved.Once such a level is reached all of the other "desires" may become irrelevent. Bon Chance WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: DNA = SRM (self replicating molecule) [Re: whiterasta]
    #1025043 - 11/05/02 06:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sweet man thanks :smile: 

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology