Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
the advance of technology
    #1346738 - 03/02/03 11:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As I see it we are creating more and more advanced technologies with the goal of interconnectedness. Computers (internet), cell phones, pda's, and so on. Are they an important step in the evolution of mankind or are they a detour, a path that will lead to misery and suffering. I see the access of information, and communication as being beneficial, but undoubtedly these technologies could be used for acts of destruction, evil, distraction, what have you. So I guess my question is.. should we embrace these tools or... is it possible to become completely interconnected as a species, planet and universe without their use at all. Would we be what we are today if we hadn't built such things, and is building something with your own two hands the same as the building of a computer. I.e. manipulation of an element is still manipulation of an element. I don't buy that. I think things can be made to be beneficial or malevolent, and there are clearly blends of the two. What do you consider our modern technology to be? Is it not already bondage?..The future looks quite grim from my perspective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: the advance of technology [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1346835 - 03/02/03 11:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

new stuff!
always coming out with new, better, more expensive toys

gotta catch up with the joneses! werd

(more pollution, new and better ways to invade your privacy)
(the culture lost, spun our minds and through time.)

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: the advance of technology [Re: Lallafa]
    #1346915 - 03/02/03 12:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good to see you back around these parts, Lallafa.

As for the advancement of technology I feel that it is a reflection of our own internal advancement of our understanding of the world.
Yes, we can experience high levels of interconnectedness without computers, PDAs or cell phones... but it does require leaving the house/office and gathering face to face with our fellow humans.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1347281 - 03/02/03 03:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The way I see it, the internet, cell phones, pda's and such are all preparation for the next level of communication..telepathy. Instant communication, complete with visual references and any amount of emotion, words, and whatever else can be relayed through direct mind-to-mind communication. Although this ability refers to something internal, as opposed to external technology. But I do think that technology is an integral part of evolutional development during certain stages, and when used with knowledge of spirit.. can be a very useful tool for helping to awaken those higher states.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1347639 - 03/02/03 07:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We are cyborgs

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: the advance of technology [Re: Strumpling]
    #1347642 - 03/02/03 07:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I thought we were monkies.  :blush:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: the advance of technology [Re: Murex]
    #1347651 - 03/02/03 07:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We're cybermonkeys

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1347656 - 03/02/03 07:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oh.  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1347765 - 03/02/03 10:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The trouble with technology isn't that itself, but who's hand it ends up in. As we know, sometimes such technology (gene technology, biotechology, etc) can have benefits, but can be used for such pure evil towards mankind. Unfortunately, it's a risk that will always exist as long as there are cold blooded scum fuckers on earth (and I doubt they'll ever stop to exist).
I guess the same could be said for such technology as the internet and so on. Imagine if the CIA can pioneer a mind control technique and already we have threats of information being hacked on our computers, etc. But as Shroomism said, it is a new form of communication - telepathically. On the internet, all your thoughts are being put straight into text, without having to communicate it in speech. That has a lot of benefits. People like me who have speech problems, and hearing difficulty can still "talk" to many people and form a close bond. Deep, meaningful conversation that I could so easily engage in online, doesn't seem to be as easy to engage in the real world (for me, at least). It certainly shouldn't be the ONLY means of communication, being as there are a lot of things that human speech and emotion can offer much more than text on your computer screen.
I say embrace these tools, and learn how to use them, otherwise people can learn to use them against you.
The main problem with having such a dependence on technology though is that when it fails, we're in some serious shit. Think of a basic power failure in a house totally dependent on electricity - you can't cook anything because it's run by gas and electric, the microwave won't work either, the fridge is electric, so food can spoil, computers and TVs won't work. Electric garages won't open and have to be manually opened, washing machines won't work and so on. If for some reason power failed for such a  long period of time, it could be quite disastrous as we take all these things for granted.
I think I strayed from the question  :confused:   

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
    #1350692 - 03/04/03 05:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

technology isn't good or evil, it's the application that is good or evil, or usually a combination of both. like electricity, or splitting the atom. I heard on the radio almost a year ago now that there is actually a cyborg living in England. 'Cyborg' being defined as a man with computer circuitry linked directly to his nervous system. The trend in technology has always been toward faster and easier information insemination/dissemination. I agree with Shroomism that we're moving towards a techno-telepathy. We're also moving towards a techno-collective unconscious (like the natural one isn't good enough for us).

New technology like cyborgs and nanotech and those things bring with it their own unique field of ethics, Neuroethics

-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: the advance of technology [Re: machineelf368]
    #1351385 - 03/05/03 02:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

We're also moving towards a techno-collective unconscious 

Yeah, I agree. But why is there such a war on using consciousness altering substances which would fascilitate the natural process when we will eventually be able to do it through the use of technology? Our behind-the-scenes rulers, the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds and their henchmen clearly have something much more dastardly in store for the techno-masses.. :crazy: haha, microchip totality awaits.. whee! 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: the advance of technology [Re: machineelf368]
    #1354202 - 03/06/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I hope they don't start putting microchips in our children

--------------------

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #1355200 - 03/06/03 02:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I believe technology is us wanting to do something we cannot yet do ourselves. That someday our ability to be interconnected will be all controlled by our brain. Technology is an important role in our evolution, however its also the enemy. In our world, the people who run things are securing thier position in the world. That they are creating items for our convinience making us weaker, and making them stronger. These people also control the military, and arms industry. I think technology is important, and if we evolve to become spiritual being, we will see most of our earthly technological ideas in spirit form. We just need to remember what is important to us. And stuff.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: the advance of technology [Re: tak_old]
    #1356462 - 03/07/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

exactly: "and stuff" :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale