Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefloydmeddle
Stranger
Overcoming a bad trip
    #2328908 - 02/12/04 11:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe 6 weeks ago I had mushrooms for the second time. I ate 3 grams and probably drank about a litre of orange juice (I'd heard it intensified and extended the effects).

I tried mushrooms for the first time about 6 months ago. I had 2 grams (not combined with anything) and ended up having a pretty good time. No hallucinations or anything major like that. Just felt like a really happy drunk buzz.

The second time was really different. I was with a bunch a friends, a few of which were on mushrooms as well, and it started out fine, but then a few events took place that really worried me. I sat by myself for a little while and eventually things appeared to be normal again. Yet I soon started hallucinating; things desintegrating, people in pictures morphing into other people, objects moving in fast forward, slow motion. And nothing I'd ever read on drugs or talked to about with experienced users could ever have prepared me for this. I sort of felt overwhelmed by the whole deal.

I suddenly felt really uncomfortable with my environment. I just wanted to go home and sleep it off. Yet when I eventually got home the trip became a living hell. These horrible noises that wouldn't leave my head. Seeing the terrified look on my face in the mirror was really a fucked up sight. It was some nightmare I couldn't get out of. I just couldn't get my mind off negative thoughts. I felt I was at the edge of insanity and I was so afraid I was going to die or lose my mind. The mind expanded to the point where I thought I was experiencing more than I could handle. I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. I couldn't sleep; I felt as if my body had fallen asleep but my mind was wide awake. It was the most excrutiating thing I'd ever been through and I felt like my death would be the only way out. I think that thinking of the few people that really matter to me (though I had a hell of a hard time remembering them) is the only thing that spared me from doing something stupid and irreparable. It's just a really fucked feeling; I'd always thought of suicide as the easy way out, yet that night I felt like it was the only way out. I passed out after a few hours.

I woke up the next morning, not knowing if I was back to reality or still in some dream world. I thought I was surprisingly comfortable with what I'd been through just a few hours earlier, despite the fact that I'd never been so fucking scared.

It took me probably a week or so before I was convinced that everything I was experiencing was really happening and not the fruit of my imagination.

Hardly a minute goes by where I don't think about this experience. I don't feel quite the same about the world anymore. Things seem to matter more and less at the same time. I think I got plenty of positive things out of it all; I have this new perspective on life. I guess that for the first time in years I'm close to happiness. The whole thing takes some getting used to. Sometimes it's sort of scary. Lying in bed at night without a single thought crossing my mind, whereas a couple months earlier I'd have been thinking over a million things. That kind of shit takes getting used to. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the way things were before. I don't know if I'm putting too much thought into this bad trip or what.

I feel a certain desire in me to experience more of this altered state of consciousness. It's really an experience that can't be put into words, and somehow I want more of it. I'm just really afraid of another bad trip; my first psychedelic experience was a fucking scary one and to me it seems foolish to expect the next one to turn out otherwise. I know it's a question of mindset, but that's just how I feel about the issue right now.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents. I'm for the most part wondering if I'm putting too much thought into this, and how other people who have experienced bad trips have dealt with the whole thing, but really any comments would be more than appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Re: Overcoming a bad trip [Re: floydmeddle]
    #2328982 - 02/12/04 11:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Going into the trip you need to have absolutley no fear or insecurities about it. Play some good music like tool and just relax. If your body reacts to strong to shrooms lower the dosage

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2329168 - 02/13/04 12:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Most likely your going to enter your next trip with the thought of the previous trip flowing through your mind. You'll try not to think about it, but it'll probably consume you. I think a lot of trippers go through this at one point or another. IMO, the only way around it is to face it. If you try running from thoughts and emotions that are uncomfortable, they will only follow and pester you.

If you really enjoy tripping, take a break for a few months the try again. Start off with a lower dose and work your way up. Once you find yourself in a trip like your previous one, try to let yourself go. I know this is easier said then done because even I have problems letting go to my physical reality. No one really wants to focus on uncomfortable thoughts and feelings, but I think if you let yourself explore them you might find out something interesting about yourself.

On many occasions in which I was fighting a bad trip i had a difficult time giving in to myself. But once I did I was able to release a lot of tension within. After letting my mind pretty much be raped by my own thoughts, there were points where I just had to sit up and go "ahhhh! Now I get it!" It's sort of like a emotional ephiany.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2329348 - 02/13/04 01:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

be in a comfartable place

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2330059 - 02/13/04 09:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

start low, and work your way up again.

OfflineGeeno
    #2330769 - 02/13/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The thing I would have done differently, had I looked in the mirror and perpetuated my own scaredness, would be smile or make a goofy face at myself because that always makes me feel like a dork (because its insanely dorky) and i cant help but feel just a bit better.

Offlinefloydmeddle
Stranger
Re: Overcoming a bad trip [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2331371 - 02/13/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Is dose that big of a factor on the outcome of a trip? Or is it more of a question of mindset going into the trip and of outside circumstances during it? I can definitely understand an effect on the intensity of it, but can an excessive dose really lead to a bad trip?

I really didn't have much prior experience with mushrooms, so maybe I went overboard with 3 grams. But no one I know has had a remotely similar trip. In that sense, it's a really weird feeling to try to share your experience with others who, despite how hard they might be trying to understand, couldn't possibly imagine what you're talking about.

Moving along, does orange juice really make a difference? What exactly are its effects?

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#2331509 - 02/13/04 03:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Music helps because it distracts you from your negative feelings.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineGridge420
ParentalAdvisory
Loc: High
    #2332673 - 02/13/04 10:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have never had a bad trip. And i have ate acid a good 40 some times. Shrooms not as much. Dex a good bit. But my point is, you have to keep all good thoughts man. And if your haveing a bad day DO NOT TRY TO TRIP. Make sure your surrounded by friends and things that make you happy. Thats like the main key to not haveing a bad trip.

--------------------
When I spit, I shine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag