Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNaTuRaL
Stranger
So i had a bad trip....
    #1029537 - 11/06/02 06:43 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Last thursday i ate shrooms, with abunch of kids in my dorm heres something i typed up about it before:

Well like i said i was going to do earlier i ate shrooms at like 4:30 with a bunch of kids from my dorm.

Well long story short, me and one of the kids didnt eat anything all day and the shrooms were the first thing we ate. At like 5 30 or so we both got like extremely ill. I felt like i had food poisoning, and i was tripping extremely hard at the same time. Not a good feeling if anyone could relate =P

Another thing was all the shrooms came from the same batch except the ones that the other kid that got sick had. He gave me a few of his stems to munch along with the ones that i already ate from the bag i split with a friend. I wonder if the kid had bad shrooms or it was just cause we ate them on an empty stomach?

Well anyway the trip was something else i cant explain it, laying on a bed feeling like your gonna die while hallucinating is a crazy experience, that i hope i never have again

Edit: ive shroomed probably like 4 times before and NEVER felt like this, was pretty fucking scary

Ok now that that is out of the way here is my real problem. Ever since the bad trip i get these things that feel like anxienty attacks and i get extremely nervous and a little nauseous (never to the point of throwing up though) Usually it has something to do when something that reminds me of the trip is brought up by someone else, but some times it happens for no god damn reason.

Example, i went to class on monday and couldnt stop shaking for the whole class and felt horrible. I was to the point where i had a phone in my hand about to call the doctor cause its like being in a personal hell.

Anyone have this happen to them before or know anyone who went through something similar? Could really use some advice.

Also if i ever decide to eat shrooms again, there is no way im doing it with people that i barely know cause its just too fucked up, at least i learned somethin from the trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: NaTuRaL]
    #1029826 - 11/06/02 07:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey dude.

You said the feeling you have sometimes is like an "anxiety attack"...have you had those before? Were they diagnosed by anybody as being anxiety or a panic attack? What other symptoms besides nausea...racing heart, or sweating, dizzyness? Do thoughts of your last trip trigger this feeling, or other stuff, too?

Let us know and, meanwhile, lay off the shrooms.

Offlinevampz
Not all whowonder are lost
    #1029858 - 11/06/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, I am going throught the same exact problem right now. For some reason I have been feeling absolutely horrible about myself and can't stop dwelling on how much everything is just bothering me for some reason. One minute I will be fine but the next something will trigger these severe anxiety attacks and I have been getting them after since the last bad trip I had. My friend has had the same problem and went to the doctor and they said it is from stress and put him on medication to help his seratonin levels recover. If anyone has any advice, help, suggestions as to what to do or how to go about feeling better please respond. thanks in advance . By the way I wont go near any form of drugs and have been completely sober for about 3 weeks. I just don't feel "myself" for some reason and im hoping these feelings go away.

Edited by vampz (11/06/02 08:07 PM)

OfflineNaTuRaL
Stranger
Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: vildechayea]
    #1029889 - 11/06/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No they havent been diagnosed as that, but when i posted this question on another board someone said it sounded like i was having aniexty or panic attacks, this person used panic attacks and what he was describing sounded similar to what i was going through.

If i myself think about the trip or bring it up nothing happens, if i am talking to someone and they say something like 'park' (after i ate the shrooms we were in the park for a little, before i got sick) it triggers something. Being in the kids room when the bad part of the trip started triggered it. Getting stoned triggers it, although it has gotten a little better in regards to getting stoned.

Now though, anytime i find myself in a somewhat uncomfortable situation (even if it shouldnt be) i will have the symptoms i.e. when i was in class. It feels like to me that i have to 'relearn' everything, things that didnt bother me before, now bother me, like seeing certain people makes me nervous. Almost like my sense of trust in everything has been destroyed and i must learn to make myself comfortable with my surroundings again.

Example: my friends sister invited me over to her apartment on friday because someone from the army is comming out to my school and were gonna eat with them and then go out. Well this normally isnt a situation where id feel completely comfortable cause i know my friends sister but not extremely well and all of these kids are 3 years older than me, but now this situation scares me and i dont know if ill be able to make it over there.

Last night i got drunk at the bar and it was the best 5 or so hours of my life in the last week, i didnt have any anxiety at all and it was like i was set free and could actually enjoy myself.

I guess the best way to describe it would be i amplify my anxiety to the point where have an attack (or something similar).

I have been under a lot of stress until yesterday though because i had to type a big paper and study for a midterm, and had to stay awake for 36 hours at one point (sunday to monday) and i was hoping everything was stress related. Although i do feel better the anxiety hasnt completely subsided and i feel like im a prisoner inside my own mind.

As for symptoms, i get mild shakes and just a general feeling of not being comfortable in the situation in addition to the things that you have mentioned. Being alone usually makes these go away.

OfflineNaTuRaL
Stranger
    #1029902 - 11/06/02 08:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

oh yeah, also anyone know what caused me to get sick? would it be from eating them on an empty stomach? or were the shrooms that the other kid had possibly bad?

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: vampz]
    #1029920 - 11/06/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Doing shrooms feels great but can wreak havoc with your SSRIs, or selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors. Basically, you feel so euphoric that all the good stuff gets used up at once and then you crash. Sometimes I get depressed the day after tripping, and other people tell me they do, too.

But you said you had a bad trip, and that you've had anxiety and depression since then. Maybe there's feelings inside you that came out because of the trip, or maybe those uncovered emotions caused you to have a bad trip...who knows?

But it sounds like talking to a good, cool therapist might help. Good ones can be hard to find, and sometimes expensive, although there's ways to get help for less money. Doing therapy can be a great way to feel better and learn more about yourself. And if you have friends who are kind, understanding & good listeners, talking to them about your feelings can be a good way of coping with your anxiety in the meantime.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1029992 - 11/06/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

What you're describing sounds a LOT like what I went through when I got started with psychedelics.

Sounds like you've been humbled by the mushroom, socially-speaking. You must understand that although things may feel different inside, you're the same dude on the outside, capable of all the same social activities. You are YOU, and you should be proud of it. Stop trying to re-find yourself and you'll automatically refind yourself.

As for the physical aspect.... sounds like what I went through as well:
Please do yourself and the mushroom a favor and relax..... relax........ relax........ relax..... you're ok. You're breathing, you're eating....

If you smoke pot I recommend sitting back, smoking a bit, and then closing your eyes and leaning back against something (couch?) - if this is what I think it is, this experience you're talking about should happen..... observe it and stay relaxed.. stay calm.. pay attention to what your brain is doing when this "anxiety attack" occurs.. Let it "attack," breathe, and relax. You may find these experiences are much better if you open your arms to them :wink: instead of flipping out.

Of course, this could be something other than what I've experienced, so don't just take my word for it..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
relax... enjoy yourself man :smile: smile - if this isn't good, if you don't like it; maybe drugs aren't for you. 

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#1030014 - 11/06/02 08:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, here's some info on panic attacks excerpted from Dr. Weil's medical site. See if the symptoms sound like yours. I think his advice is sound, too.

"...These attacks have a very specific set of symptoms ranging from dizziness and feeling lightheaded to chest pain, nausea and a fear of losing control, going crazy or dying. The dread of an attack keeps people pretty close to home, since they can't handle much time in restaurants, stores, theaters or on public transportation.

Routine treatment includes a variety of pharmaceuticals, including tricyclic antidepressants, serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft, MAO inhibitors and benzodiazepines, including Xanax and Ativan. These days the SSRIs are considered most effective, but even if you were open to these drugs, you might not be able to handle them because people with panic disorders tend to be very sensitive to the side effects.

Fortunately, good treatment for panic disorders doesn't require taking drugs. Cognitive and cognitive-behavioral therapies have very high success rates. This type of treatment is educational in nature. You learn to understand panic disorders and how to manage your symptoms, as well as how to change the thought processes that lead to your attacks. You should also practice daily the deep, slow breathing exercise that I recommend.

I would suggest that you contact one of the national groups that deals with panic disorders, such as the Anxiety Disorders Association of America, which can steer you toward self-help information and support groups, provide you with up-to-date literature on panic disorders and agoraphobia, and even refer you to therapists in your area who specialize in treating panic disorders (take the ADAA's advice and check out two or three before making your choice)."

In any event I'm sorry you're going through this hell right now, it sounds like it really sucks. Feel better, dude.

v

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: NaTuRaL] * 1
    #1030050 - 11/06/02 09:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Eat some ginger root (about a cubic inch or so) an hour before consuming the mushrooms for the gut rot (sickness). The ginger tastes HORRIBLE!!! but it helps, for me anyways. Ginger was the hottest thing Ive ever eaten, but Id rather have a moment of pain while swallowing it than an hour of stomach cramps and nausea while tripping. As far as the self re-discovery, dont fret man, you'll come around and realize that it made you a better person. You have experienced something that many before you and me have experienced. Be glad that you had a bad trip because tripping is like riding a motorcycle, there are those who have fallen off and those who havent fallen off yet. You fell off, all you have to do now is get back on and ride again. This time with more control and wisdom that you gained from your last experience. You are the same person, your perspectives are just different now.  Peace and Love to you.  :laugh: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

OfflineNaTuRaL
Stranger
Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: vildechayea]
    #1030057 - 11/06/02 09:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thanks a lot, strumpling good information...im pretty much done with shrooms and acid  i think (well i said this about a lot of other stuff too though  :tongue:), but the thought that i possibly messed something up inside my head scares me.

now as for this

"...These attacks have a very specific set of symptoms ranging from dizziness and feeling lightheaded to chest pain, nausea and a fear of losing control, going crazy or dying. The dread of an attack keeps people pretty close to home, since they can't handle much time in restaurants, stores, theaters or on public transportation."

This is very much what i go through, infact i think the fear of not having an escape is what brings about the attack.  I dont like having to be somewhere where i dont feel like i have the option of immediately removing myself from the situation, if i feel like im going to get sick or start tweaking out.

When i explained to a few people that i was having these problems, i felt better.  Like knowing that they wont think i cant hang or im weird or something if i have to leave or something so i can calm down. 

People told me 'mind of matter' like as in just make yourself think that your alright and you will be.  But this is more of a 'mind over mind' thing since my brain has already made the connection that i need to have anxiety in situations that i shouldnt,thats what makes it hard to deal with, and i have to unlearn that now.  Ill keep you guys updated on how i feel, and if this continues for another week or so i might have to go to a doctor/psych

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#1030142 - 11/06/02 09:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Definitely keep us updated, dude.

I know lots and lots of people who've had panic attacks, including my mom, my girlfriend, and lots of other friends. It can be really scary. But you can learn to get rid of them or live with them, and it won't make you uncool, and I can tell from your couple of posts you've got a good head on your shoulders.

Don't listen to people who say "mind over matter," or get "back on the horse" by tripping again right away, or shrinks who just wanna give you on a permanent prescription without really talking things through.

The thing for all of us to remember is that nausea & anxiety & feeling like your dying etc. are often negative side effetys during tripping...but when they last for days or weeks after you've come down, they're a red flag that something else is going on.

Now I'll get off my soapbox for the night.

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: vampz]
    #1032394 - 11/07/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>>For some reason I have been feeling absolutely horrible about myself and can't stop dwelling on how much everything is just bothering me for some reason. One minute I will be fine but the next something will trigger these severe anxiety attacks and I have been getting them after since the last bad trip I had. >>

:shocked: The same exact thing happened with me for a few months after the first time I shroomed & I had a bad trip, too!  Like you said, I'd be fine one minute, then all of a sudden I was thinking all these crazy thoughts & I would have a hard time breathing & I would get all nervous & scared!  The only way I was really able to stop it was force myself to stop thinking like that or to do something to keep myself buisy & from thinking like that.... it was crazy!  :crazy:

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

OfflineJayDogg420
SmokeyTheBear
Loc: Land Of ThE InSaNe
    #1033561 - 11/07/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I also had ate homegrown shrooms which i new were good but for some reason made me have some kind of indigestion attack like food poisning. It was the worst experience ive ever had to go threw. Days later i felt emotionally drained and dead inside. I know seritonin has something to do with it maybe not enough now after the trip but this deadness feeling maybe depression like is no fun and i despreatly want it to end. Its been a week and ive had ups and downs like others here. the ups were i felt normal didnt stick i have downs were im depressed, feeling BLAH. Hopefully it wont last too long. I hope!

--------------------
Attention DEA While u are busting that kid for Weed another rapist,killer,molester has gotten away. Nice DOnt u feel great?
"Love and Peace" -Jay

OfflineNova

#1033800 - 11/07/02 08:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know how you feel. How you described the feeling of not being able to excape. I researched stuff like this on the internet and (beside the millions of other things wrong with my head) that these symtoms are an anxiety disorter called agoraphobia. Most people think that agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces, but it really is a fear of not being able to excape situations that panic attacks could occure. So if you like me thats eveywhere but my house, so I don't like leaving the house at all. I would say if you feel like this for another week or so that you should see a head doctor.

I should follow my own recomendation. Anxiety can do terrible things to you. I got busted with a pipe about 2 months ago. So I talk to a lawyer and he says I should take diversion so I do. I got screwd but I think it won't be that bad, a lot of my friends are on it, i just have to go to some classes and take a couple drug tests. So to get on diversion you first have to pass a UA. So I got to the place and long story short, 2 days later and like 8 hours later I find out I can't pee with the guy stairing at my balls. I get myself comfortable but its just the presence and it doesn't come out. The only way I was able to was to get to the point where I painfully had to pee. I had to do this by drinking lots of water. So my test came back diluted. I don't have anything to hide but thats exactly what the courts assume because if I don't somehow give a good sample, it will be considered positive and I will have to be on probation. Probation you still have to have UA's so I am in a terrible situation. Eather I have to pay $100 a pop on hair tests (I don't know if I can even do this for sure) or I could try going to a pysc and see if the courts will sympathize. Really I don't know what to do. It turned from not a big deal into a life changing event. Well theres my story. Everything is going wrong and sometimes I think it will be nothing a year or so from now, and sometime my head feels so clouded the only way out of this mess is to end it all. (any ideas/suggestions would help)

Anyways back to the topic, give it a little to make sure its just not after effects then get some help because it may of brought out a disorter and if you keep toughing it out like me, it can really have a negative impact on your life and you'll suffer thought everyday.

OfflineFreeeway
Stranger
    #1033890 - 11/07/02 08:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Alright:

If you're using shrooms and other drugs you're obviously screwin' around with the chemistry of your physiology. That means your emotional state is gonna be screwed with one way or the other.

You can come up will all kinds of psychology mind games to try and change your situational mind state to keep from having panic attacks, etc. You can talk to others, a pyschiatrist, take medication, do nothing and experience more, etc., etc., etc.....

If you wanna fix it do HATHA YOGA.

You gotta tweek your physical status to the max and change the chemistry that is flowin' around in your nervous system. YOGA will do this. Within a couple of weeks of going to a YOGA class for just a few days a week, your WHOLE state of mind will change. You will feel all kinds of ENERGY that will just keep you up and feeling naturally HIGH that you will feel so confidant and sure in whatever situation you get yourself in, so that panic attacks or any kind of psychology screw up in your brain just cannot affect you.

You gotta get a PHYSICAL FIX for this problem. DO YOGA. IT WILL FIX IT. DON'T JUST SIT ON YOUR ASS -- GO TO IT!

OfflineNaTuRaL
Stranger
Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: Nova]
    #1034746 - 11/08/02 12:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well the last 2 nights i was feeling better and went out to the bars and had a bunch of fun but then tonight on the way to the bar(waiting for the bus and on the bus), my throat felt like it was closing up, and i got nauseous, we got to the bar and was waiting in line and i told my boy matt that i had to leave cause i was having trouble breathing and having an attack and i walked home. felt shitty the entire time until probably about 10 minutes after being in my room after i drank some water.

I have to make myself go to class tommorrow because i havent gone since monday, i was on the bus to go to class today and had to get off cause i didnt feel good but i thought it was just cause i was hungover but i came back to my room and felt better.

Ill keep the updates comming..... Oh yeah its been 1 week since i tripped now

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #1036341 - 11/08/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

...click on my name and view some of my post in Feb/Mar/Apr of this year.....

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1037084 - 11/08/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Going to class will help as well. GO. TALK to people there, make fun of teachers/teachings, ask questions about homework and so on, and you'll get random positive connections with various studends :-D

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
stay connected :smile: at least with us man  :laugh: 

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineRITM1999

Re: So i had a bad trip.... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1038940 - 11/09/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know this is "the shroomery" and I'm really new to shrooms but I can relate to what you said. From doing ALOT of x I've went through periods where I'm extremely irritable and then I get angry from all the irritibility then I feel phased out when I calm down.... I felt what I can only describe as big attacks of anxiety (everything bothers me and i feel like i can't deal with it) and throughout this "journey" of trying to find myself during these tough periods, I've learned to deal with it for the most part. And I find that given a few weeks to a month break, I feel myself slowly come back being "myself" again and it feels incredible to be able and actually relax myself on command!

Sorry I dont mean to ramble on, but once I had a bad roll (the pill was great however the mood wasnt) during the peak i felt nothing but antsy and irritable, which is the complete opposite of the usual roll... ever since then I was like you described yourself as (minus the nausea) I gave it about 2 weeks then rolled on some purecaps with just me and my fiance, we had a long deep conversation and just relaxed at home with the lights off and music up, we both did some "looking on the inside" of both our relationship and ourselves... that solved the problem and I felt back to myself again and better than usual the whole next week. Very relaxed and in control.

So basically, if its a mental thing then this can help.... give it a little time and trust me it will pass, it's very very tough and every day feeling like that feels like an eternity but it will pass in time. Having said that, plan an active and fun night with your closest friend(s) and just do your best to focus on that letting everything go and having a good time.

That's what will get you out of that state of mind - time and positivity! Through dozens upon dozens of sessions of soul searching while rolling I've come to learn that life is what you make it, you just gotta relax and learn to let things go. Much easier said than done, but try to put it into practice and with time you'll get results and be a much happier person. I hope I was able to help in any way.

Edited by RITM1999 (11/09/02 01:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order