Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #22005961 -

Well, up until the beginning of this summer I had it in like a 10, maybe 12 inch pot. It got pretty large, width of tip to tip was easily 3 feet. This spring I repotted it into like an 18+ inch pot, and I definitely noticed an increase in growth. It is probably about 4 foot across now and it was only a couple weeks after repotting that it spat out its flowering bud. I believe it absolutely appreciated having more leg room.

I think from now on I will use at least this size pot for them to make sure they don't get stunted or anything. Not saying for sure that this one was actually stunted, though, since they are supposed to take 2-3 years to start flowering anyway....


--------------------
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response.
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: cowsRmeat]
    #22007123 -

cowsRmeat said:
Ugh, I was plagued by those last year. Any ideas on deterrents for them?

Now that I think of it, I bet those suckers would be GREAT fish bait...



try the cardboard from a paper towel roll as a perimeter around your stem, I guess they have a hard time climbing it....I have not tried this yet.


--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: cowsRmeat]
    #22007137 -

cowsRmeat said:
Well, up until the beginning of this summer I had it in like a 10, maybe 12 inch pot. It got pretty large, width of tip to tip was easily 3 feet. This spring I repotted it into like an 18+ inch pot, and I definitely noticed an increase in growth. It is probably about 4 foot across now and it was only a couple weeks after repotting that it spat out its flowering bud. I believe it absolutely appreciated having more leg room.

I think from now on I will use at least this size pot for them to make sure they don't get stunted or anything. Not saying for sure that this one was actually stunted, though, since they are supposed to take 2-3 years to start flowering anyway....



I have mine in a 1 gallon I believe but a 3 gallon may be in order a year from now.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23027710 -

Dont know if it's been mentioned but bamboo skewers and some electrical tape around a calloused cutting to induce roots and hold it steady.



--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23027890 -

That's the first thing you taught me ferrel when I first started working with cacti    :bow2:


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: spaceman101]
    #23027916 -

So I did already put that one.

Anywho my cacti are well calloused
I placed them in a sunny location and roots should come along any day now. So of them al ready have these tiny little green things at the bottom.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23027939 -

I don't know if you put it in this thread yet but I think you told me through PM a few years ago and I've been doing it the same way every sense :super:


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: spaceman101]
    #23027991 -

It's a good one man.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23144107 -

Cinnamon as ant detterent.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23144167 -

How about cinnamon as rooting hormone? Has anyone seen any actual success with that?

I've read in some places that it's more for disease prevention rather than producing roots.
I've had a cinnamon dipped loph button in suspended animation for almost a year now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: 1234go]
    #23144197 -

Ive heard it does but never done experimwnts.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: 1234go]
    #23144217 -

1234go said:
How about cinnamon as rooting hormone? Has anyone seen any actual success with that?

I've read in some places that it's more for disease prevention rather than producing roots.
I've had a cinnamon dipped loph button in suspended animation for almost a year now.



So much of rooting hormones' success is due to merely preventing disease, allowing the roots to grow unhindered.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: theMallacht]
    #23144225 -

Gotcha, 10-4.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: 1234go]
    #23475103 -

A couple of rusty nails stuck in the pot adds iron to your plants. So next time you dealing with Fe defficiency e.g. intervenal something or other stick a couple nails in the pot or soil.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23477301 -

I use used translucent plastic drink cups to propagate pereskiopsis, I now have a dozen of them:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: penker]
    #23477321 -

penker said:
I use used translucent plastic drink cups to propagate pereskiopsis, I now have a dozen of them:thumbup:



I lost all of mine. :sad:

Literally. I lost them. I had them in some pots and now i dont know where they are.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23477331 -

ferrel_human said:
penker said:
I use used translucent plastic drink cups to propagate pereskiopsis, I now have a dozen of them:thumbup:



I lost all of mine. :sad:

Literally. I lost them. I had them in some pots and now i dont know where they are.





If you're in need let me know buddy :wink:



If it weren't for you I'd have been in that same boat :hug:


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow hacks [Re: spaceman101]
    #23477334 -

They are very prolific. Lose one and maybe lose all.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Blackstrap Molasses Organic 4,005 8 08/21/07 02:35 AM
by ralphroks
* Ephedra substitute? Tao 3,106 3 02/10/04 03:30 PM
by John
* Heimia salicifolia, about to grow some. How good is it? Baby_Hitler 699 2 04/09/03 07:02 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Good idea for growing some Opium Poppy!!
( 1 2 3 all )
orizon 17,097 55 06/29/16 08:33 PM
by Burke Dennings
* Growing salvia hydroponicly
( 1 2 all )
Beatnik 7,944 24 07/19/01 09:36 PM
by dimitri211
* Which plants to grow?
( 1 2 all )
DailyPot 3,187 20 06/30/03 01:44 PM
by DailyPot
* Ethno's you all grow? bluelou 3,720 19 04/15/03 08:13 PM
by jojoba
* The secret to growing syrian rue from seed
( 1 2 all )
neuro 34,506 27 01/10/16 02:23 PM
by sauroman1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
11,150 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.