Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: TheMovement]
    #23022959 -

It pays good, or people wouldn't be flocking to work there.

You don't even have to buy a car to do uber. They have a partnership with some company, you can lease a Prius or some other car month to month and it's got unlimited miles unlike other leases. Also the back seat of the car can get torn to shit and you aren't held liable because they know it's an uber car.

I'm still partnered with uber but haven't given a ride in a couple months. I work for another APP that lets me drive around and be my own boss but I don't have to have stuck up assholes or drunk assholes in my car all day.


--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: JvF] * 1
    #23022964 -



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: TheMovement] * 2
    #23022977 -

TheMovement said:
LOL @ thinking working your life away makes you better than someone who doesn't.  The 40 hour/week work model is outdated.



You're right.  It is.  If you want to make anything of your life you need to put in much more hours.  And if you don't work you should live in a refrigerator box and eat from dumpsters.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Supachopped719]
    #23022979 -

Supachopped719 said:
It pays good, or people wouldn't be flocking to work there.

You don't even have to buy a car to do uber. They have a partnership with some company, you can lease a Prius or some other car month to month and it's got unlimited miles unlike other leases. Also the back seat of the car can get torn to shit and you aren't held liable because they know it's an uber car.

I'm still partnered with uber but haven't given a ride in a couple months. I work for another APP that lets me drive around and be my own boss but I don't have to have stuck up assholes or drunk assholes in my car all day.



Wow that's nuts.  Was it an overall enjoyable experience for you?  Would you do it again to make some extra cash?  I'd want to buy the car because if im driving motherfuckers around I don't want to shell out dough to a leaseing company.


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: TheMovement]
    #23023106 -

Who pays for all your stuff?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #23023112 -

OP has a buncha anime cp on his pc cuz he thinks its "hilarious"


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #23023119 -

Dark_Star said:
Who pays for all your stuff?



I do.  I work 25 hours a week and have a side business that supports my shenanigans and pays my bills.  I want to slow down on the shenanigans though and get a car.  I'm also paying for school out of pocket.


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Sheekle] * 2
    #23023186 -

Sheekle said:
OP has a buncha anime cp on his pc cuz he thinks its "hilarious"



Sheekle can't get laid and his tye dies don't get him enough cash for a proper hooker so he resorts to random old dudes on the intenet for glory hole blow jobs that get recorded and put on porn sites.

You Internet famous yet buddy?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: JvF]
    #23023194 -

As far as everyone else goes, I'm saying FULL TIME uber drivers, not people who supplement their income with it. I told you guys what I think and wanted to know what you think hence the thread


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: JvF]
    #23023199 -

jfischer218 said:
Sheekle said:
OP has a buncha anime cp on his pc cuz he thinks its "hilarious"



Sheekle can't get laid and his tye dies don't get him enough cash for a proper hooker so he resorts to random old dudes on the intenet for glory hole blow jobs that get recorded and put on porn sites.

You Internet famous yet buddy?



:laugh2: the difference here being my story of you is rooted in reality, whereas yours is fiction


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Sheekle] * 1
    #23023202 -

Sheekle said:
OP has a buncha anime cp on his pc cuz he thinks its "hilarious"



Yeah, he has admitted that he is into underage people on here. He says he was joking, but it didn't seem like a joke to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #23023271 -

You can think what you want. I said it in a casual way as a joke and you're bad at picking up sarcasm. I'm not a ped and don't appreciate the accusation.

Being accused of that is shitty, it's not a title or name I wish to be associated with.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: JvF]
    #23023333 -

I worked full time doing uber as well for a while. Made the same as my other job so I decided to just do my regular job and have uber for back up.


--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #23023446 -

hex_enduction said:
@jokeshopbeard, I don't have a Prius, but my '07 Saturn ion is more than decent, 30+ mpg for sure. With a Prius it'd be damn near pure profit though, barring any damage done while working.



Yeah you'd get nearly double that in a prius. I'd like to do a little bit of this work from time to time but my cars fuel enomony would make it a moot point. Would you be better off leasing a prius?

zappaisgod said:
If you want to make anything of your life you need to put in much more hours.



Are you serious? I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23023558 -

He's not. And I had no idea about that Prius leasing deal, but I would be much better off leasing one. That's fucking awesome and something I will have to look into more deeply


--------------------


Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: TheMovement] * 2
    #23023650 -

jfischer218 said:
As far as everyone else goes, I'm saying FULL TIME uber drivers, not people who supplement their income with it. I told you guys what I think and wanted to know what you think hence the thread



I think it doesn't matter. If you are comparing full time uber drivers to taxi drivers and saying taxi drivers are somehow better?
Uber driver use their own cars and have to pay for all their own maintenance, gas and fucking everything. If anything it's way more of a pain in the ass than a taxi.

TheMovement said:
TheMovement said:
Does it really pay that well?  I've been thinking about buying a car soon.  If I could pay for it by ubering around on the weekends that would be a sweet deal..



Holy shit, they really make pretty good money.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johanabhuiyan/what-uber-drivers-really-make-according-to-their-pay-stubs#.fw5N0QN9L



That's in New York city. Probably during surge pricing. And that doesn't take into account Uber's cut and fees, the drivers miles, GAS, taxes that are taking out at the end of year, and wear and tear on your personal ride and maintenance and repair costs which rack up when you are putting on tons of miles with tons of passengers. It may look good on paper but when it's all said and done it's basically the same pay as any normal job, with a lot of extra miles on your own car.

I did it for a while to supplement my income and you'd see some decent checks but after all the other factors are taken into consideration and with Uber continuously increasing their cut and adding in little fees, it became not worth it, unless you are driving a Prius or Tesla or something.
I also wouldn't trust leasing a prius through Uber..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Shroomism]
    #23023689 -

Hybrid is for sure the way the go, you can basically half your overhead.


--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Supachopped719]
    #23024060 -

My friend Uber drives in our college town and makes like $700 a night on game days and like $400 a night on busy partying nights


--------------------
A Pretty Big Grizmatik Undergroundzies Conspiracy

Too weird to live.
Too rare to die.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23024094 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
zappaisgod said:
If you want to make anything of your life you need to put in much more hours.



Are you serious? I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.



Not at all.  Everybody I know who has achieved anything has put in more than 40 hours a week.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver... [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #23024110 -

zappaisgod said:
Jokeshopbeard said:
zappaisgod said:
If you want to make anything of your life you need to put in much more hours.



Are you serious? I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.



Not at all.  Everybody I know who has achieved anything has put in more than 40 hours a week.



I think there's some truth to that actually, even look at musicians, painters, writers, non-typical types, in order to excel at what they do they do it A LOT. I probably draw for like 40 hrs a week on top of classes and 15-20 hrs of part time job. If I was free to simply pursue art, I'm the kind of dude who'd be mostly doing 10-12 hr days (I'm obsessive as fuck)

so, basically, yeah


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My neighborhood is full of idiots.
( 1 2 all )
Konnrade 2,667 22 10/07/11 01:27 AM
by SleepyF0x
* Female drivers... : - \
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mikeyboy 5,142 64 12/22/05 08:27 PM
by Liquidkick
* What annoys you the most about other drivers?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,478 33 10/06/04 10:17 PM
by MushBus
* Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies:
( 1 2 3 all )
dr0mni 5,159 58 01/11/06 11:40 AM
by Silversoul
* uber nerd
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 2,483 33 06/15/06 03:00 PM
by Dobie
* Few funny Videos (bus driver beats up student, black lady put in her place...ect. (LMAO)
( 1 2 all )
Toddo 5,266 26 07/01/05 08:19 PM
by afoaf
* Drunk drivering
( 1 2 3 all )
TheShroomHermit 5,419 46 10/08/05 08:52 PM
by downforpot
* How good of a driver are you?
( 1 2 all )
adamj 3,591 24 02/27/06 10:43 PM
by Demonichildren

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,900 topic views. 6 members, 20 guests and 164 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.