Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: Konnrade]
    #5162716 - 01/10/06 01:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Driving drunk is one thing, and its a dumb thing to do, but what i am telling you is getting high :bongload: in no way lowers the importance of my safety, and other drivers' safety when i get behind that wheel. :bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5162719 - 01/10/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If driving under any impairment whatsoever is bad, then you should just as judgemental of people who drive in the rain as people who drive stoned. Weed may impair one's abilities slightly, but I don't think the impairment is strong enough to justify being a dick about it.

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: Silversoul]
    #5162737 - 01/10/06 01:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When faced with fact that it's an entirely unnecessary risk, and that it's a risk to people who aren't you, and are innocent... I think it's understandable to be a bit of a dick.

If it could only fuck yourself over to do it, that's one thing. Do whatever you want to yourself, you have that right. But as John Stuart Mill said, "one man's right to swing his arm ends where my nose begins". An action ceases to be your right when that action encroaches on the rights of others. In this case it's detracting from their safety.

Of course how irresponsible this action actually is has a lot to do with how stoned you are, exactly. If you're a little buzzed, it's not a big factor. I can understand that. But if you're still nicely stoned, or you're smoking in the car, you're being a prick to everybody else on the road. I'm sure it's a different level of impairment for different people, but It's not going to make you better at driving. The paranoia could do a good job of balancing things out, if you're not too baked, but if you're just plain stoned you're still going to drive a little less safely.

Sorry if I'm being a dick, but it's just not an ethical thing to do.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sconny Botland Flag
    #5162738 - 01/10/06 01:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If you have never driven stoned you have missed out on a definite pleasure, it's great. I concentrate on a deeper level, every gear change is as smooth as silk, and I can see situations developing way ahead of 'normal' time - 'cos I'm thinking and reacting from a deeper place...

Ecstasy too, to me that feels like the most normal state of mind anyway, like I'm 'home'.

Bad drivers kill people, straight or drunk/stoned.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5162745 - 01/10/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, and let's not forget drivers on too much caffeine, who drive too fast, cut other drivers off, tailgate, and yell at/flip off anyone who gets in their way.

Or the sleep-deprived drivers who cause many accidents through their slowed reflexes and impaired judgment.

Or the distracted drivers who believe they can talk on their cell phone, eat breakfast, put on makeup, yell at their kids in the backseat, switch CD's in the stereo, and argue with their date in the passenger seat, without compromising their driving abilities.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: dr0mni]
    #5162763 - 01/10/06 01:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I saw a TV documentary about her. What a shame. She used to be such a beautiful woman.

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5162827 - 01/10/06 02:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:

Wtf...quote isn't working...whatever.

Anyway, I believe him. I bet he can drive well stoned. You aren't proving anything by saying "you just THINK you're driving well, but you're stoned so you dont know"...wrong.

Some people (believe it or not) can actually drive well while in altered states. Me, I can drive well when I'm drunk or when I'm stoned. I try not to do it often because i know it's dangerous. You have to remember, there are exceptions to everything. Not EVERYBODY sucks at driving while stoned or while drunk.

OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sconny Botland Flag
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5162835 - 01/10/06 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yup, and BTW Happy Birthday!!!

:cool:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5162842 - 01/10/06 02:05 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Happy Birthday!

I think the problem with making the distinction between thinking you can drive well while impaired, and actually being able to drive well while impaired, is that the answer may only be found through an experiment which potentially endangers others.

It is much more ethical to assume that, like most humans, impairing your senses with drugs/alcohol/sleepiness causes your driving to worsen.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: Veritas]
    #5162847 - 01/10/06 02:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If you're a girl under the age of 12...and you're high on marijuana...don't ride your bike

Happy b-day Voids!

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Anonymous

#5162874 - 01/10/06 02:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Weed doesn't impair you NEARLY as much as alcohol when it comes to driving. NOWHERE near close, actually. Scientific fact. Comparing driving high on weed to driving drunk is just fucking retarded.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5162879 - 01/10/06 02:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Driving around drunk is a terrible idea and I would never condone it, but I must admit that I know from experience earlier on in my life (at least for me) that driving when I am extremely tired is MUCH more risky. I have a feeling that most drunk driving accidents are caused when the driver actually passes out at the wheel and the same goes for the sleep deprived drivers obviously. That being said, if you are not shitfaced, but maybe over the legal limit then I believe that you are taking less of a risk (in terms of harming another) than if you were to go driving on the highway while tired which is something people do ALL the time and I never hear anyone bitching and putting out posters about that. In my experience, when most are drunk driving, they are doing so very late at night when there are very few cars on the road and not blazing down the highway at 75mph with 4 cars 5 feet away.

Driving while stoned is a whole other issue because it effects everyone differently.

Again, I'm not condoning driving drunk at all, I just think all this MADD stuff has gotten a little out of hand and people need to look at all the other things that may impair your driving.

*I didn't mean to reply to you randall

Edited by kindadank (01/10/06 02:19 PM)

Offlinetwigz
stick boy
 User Gallery

Loc: From up in a tree
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #5162887 - 01/10/06 02:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drtyfrnk said:If you're a girl under the age of 12...and you're high on marijuana...don't ride your bike

hahahaha god do i love that show... but on a more serious note I also saw that show on her vary sad, but this is the reason why I believe booze should be illegal and pot legalized I know this will never happen but look how much damage alcohol dose, compared to pot. How may people die because of it not just car crashes but all the shit it dose to your poor body. I don't know how people can drink that crap. :scat:

Down with booze up with dope. :thumbup: :bongload:

--------------------
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Edited by twigz (01/10/06 02:24 PM)

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: twigz]
    #5162990 - 01/10/06 02:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone that drives under the influence needs to get their ass kicked. Plain and simple. I have in three fights in 2005 for not allowing roommates and friends leave the house, two were drunk one was super stoned. What right do people have to put other people in danger? Driving impaired is selfish. It's a "I am going to do what I want to do regardless of other peoples safety" mentallity. Screw that.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #5163030 - 01/10/06 02:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've pissed off some of my friends by not letting them leave my house wasted. I've also been in 4 wrecks because the person I was with was drunk. I don't like my friends being put in danger like that anymore.

I have a friend who was found by the cops passed out in a school parking lot while his truck was on the side of the road, door open and running. He left the house where we were drinking about 20 minutes prior to that, saying he was going home. His house was in the ENTIRE DIFFERENT DIRECTION of the school he was found at.

We don't let him drink unless his keys are safely hidden.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #5163038 - 01/10/06 02:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i am usually high... so some times i drive high.

Infact i do it a lot, just dont drive with herb on me. The one time iw as in a fender bender i wasnt stoned. You just gotta pay attention.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5163097 - 01/10/06 03:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

We have a commercial around here saying 1/3 of accidents involve drugs or alcohol.

I guess they're trying to say you have a 66% better chance of being in an accident if you're sober.

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Not everyone who get hit by a drunk driver dies: [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #5163117 - 01/10/06 03:13 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the Happy Birthdays folks!

I've made it 20 years and hopefully I'll be able to reach 20 more. :grin:

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
    #5163170 - 01/10/06 03:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pirate_Patrick said:
Anyone that drives under the influence needs to get their ass kicked. Plain and simple. I have in three fights in 2005 for not allowing roommates and friends leave the house, two were drunk one was super stoned. What right do people have to put other people in danger? Driving impaired is selfish. It's a "I am going to do what I want to do regardless of other peoples safety" mentallity. Screw that.

Given that driving drunk is quite stupid, you must remember that drugs effect everyone differently. I've been flamed for saying this, but I've driven drunk plenty more times than I should have and I've never had a problem. This could be because I never drink myself into a state where I can't control myself or my actions... or it could be because I'm lucky to not have been around someone else who was driving drunk.

It seems hypocritical to say this, but I don't trust anyone else drivng drunk. I only trust myself because I know I have the capability to drive in an altered state if I really need to. I don't live in a very big town so I don't have to encounter some of the things that others might. When I drink at my buddy's house, it is a straight shot from there to my place of residence (about 15 miles away). Cruise control is a blessing, keep it 4mph over the speed limit, and stay inside the lines. It's quite simple. I really don't feel like getting flamed for saying all of the above and I'm not bragging, but I do have people that can attest to the fact that I drive well in altered states.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #5163189 - 01/10/06 03:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

you're missing the point in my opinion.

if something that requires a quick response w/ very little time to realize what's going on (say, another car heading for you, a deer jumping out on the road, etc), a sober person is going to be much better at avoiding catastrophe than a drunk one, on average. that's all.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds