Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: topdog82] * 1
    #22945436 -

topdog82 said:
mikeisapro said:
^Maybe it was the drugs that opened you to the positive lifestyle activities like "an hour of breathing excercsises, postures, and meditation" :tongue:



it was. no doubt about that. But like I said, once you drop acid a few times and you have opened up that door, its time to pursue that path

Like I used to live at home with my rents. But to grow, I had to say goodbye eventually and move into a dorm for college. And I still visit, but being at home with my parents all day is a phase that you should leave behind when you turn a certain age

I hope my metaphor gets the idea across. Psyches are one part of the larger spiritual lifestyle. Using it here and there is great. But dropping acid a hundred time would not have given me the wisdom that 2 years of this "hippie lifestyle" has given


The states of high conciousness that you reach with LSD etc. are so profound and so mindblowing that I almost feel it creates problems on its own. Instead of introducing mental clarity it causes more issues and delusions due to the fact it is so hard to intergrate with waking life. Not "bad". very powerful chemicals. But not the center of a spiritual practice, ideology, lifestyle, or career



Once you get the message, hang up the phone?

I think I've heard that before..... Oh yeah. Alan Watts :stoned:

I agree with you, though I either haven't heard or have forgotten McKenna's "take psychs every day" mantra. Although I did hear him say that "the best way to smoke cannabis is once a week, in silent darkness, as much as you can smoke, of the best stuff you can find" :lol:


--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Edited by mikeisapro (02/25/16 03:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #22945522 -

I think Terence Mckenna is a G.
:macdre:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: OJnShrooms]
    #22945541 -

I find mckennas voice to be rather annoying.

Don't have much more to add on the subject.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #22945727 -

mikeisapro said:
topdog82 said:
mikeisapro said:
^Maybe it was the drugs that opened you to the positive lifestyle activities like "an hour of breathing excercsises, postures, and meditation" :tongue:



it was. no doubt about that. But like I said, once you drop acid a few times and you have opened up that door, its time to pursue that path

Like I used to live at home with my rents. But to grow, I had to say goodbye eventually and move into a dorm for college. And I still visit, but being at home with my parents all day is a phase that you should leave behind when you turn a certain age

I hope my metaphor gets the idea across. Psyches are one part of the larger spiritual lifestyle. Using it here and there is great. But dropping acid a hundred time would not have given me the wisdom that 2 years of this "hippie lifestyle" has given


The states of high conciousness that you reach with LSD etc. are so profound and so mindblowing that I almost feel it creates problems on its own. Instead of introducing mental clarity it causes more issues and delusions due to the fact it is so hard to intergrate with waking life. Not "bad". very powerful chemicals. But not the center of a spiritual practice, ideology, lifestyle, or career



Once you get the message, hang up the phone?

I think I've heard that before..... Oh yeah. Alan Watts :stoned:

I agree with you, though I either haven't heard or have forgotten McKenna's "take psychs every day" mantra. Although I did hear him say that "the best way to smoke cannabis is once a week, in silent darkness, as much as you can smoke, of the best stuff you can find" :lol:



yep

Drugs are tools. Powerful tools. But his attitude on them in quite callous. And I kind of see it on the shroomery too. That anyone of any age should be consuming lots of psyches. And that LSD works for everyone

They are like a bigass laser cannon. You don't use a bigass laser cannon to kill an ant. And a slower, more gradual approach is ideal

psyches, books/reading, yoga, meditation, pranayamas(breathing techniques), right speech, right thought, even proper eating and sleeping are needed

These are different parts/tools in our spiritual practice. Placing emphasis on one is silly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: topdog82]
    #22945758 -

Quote:
But his attitude on them in quite callous. And I kind of see it on the shroomery too. That anyone of any age should be consuming lots of psyches. And that LSD works for everyone



I still am not aware of the man espousing the abuse of psychedelics. You might find a clip or piece of material in which he recommends the experience at least once, but when did he ever say "everyone should eat lots of psychs"?


--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #22945810 -

mikeisapro said:
Quote:
But his attitude on them in quite callous. And I kind of see it on the shroomery too. That anyone of any age should be consuming lots of psyches. And that LSD works for everyone



I still am not aware of the man espousing the abuse of psychedelics. You might find a clip or piece of material in which he recommends the experience at least once, but when did he ever say "everyone should eat lots of psychs"?



well that attitude of intergrating psyches into EVERYTHING. The stoned ape theory is when I first read up on him. Really? The whole thing seems like a bit of a stretch. like how vegans intergrate everything into veganism. Or feminists tie everything to feminism

“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego.”
– Terence McKenna

Really? I am happy I took acid. But theres a lot of people I feel regret psyches, and live a happy, spiritually "healthy" life without em. this is the first quote that I found. But generally speaking, I feel that his attitude is a little to prescriptive to say the least. Like my mom and dad are pretty mentally healthy adults that I look up to. And I really don't think they need any sort of trip:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: topdog82]
    #22946160 -

What mckenna said about the weed is true. You start hallucinating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Heebie]
    #22946608 -

Heebie said:
What mckenna said about the weed is true. You start hallucinating.




But will it make you gay?
:gayflag:


--------------------
Things change fast, but this too shall pass
Better carve it on your forehead or tattoo it on your ass
Cause who can tell, when the clock strikes twelve
If today’s become tomorrow or if it’s all just gone to hell


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Asshat331]
    #22946705 -

I think we can safely say that has been established


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Ezuma]
    #22946715 -


He makes excellent ribs.. :awehigh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: orison] * 1
    #22946721 -

orison319 said:

He makes excellent ribs.. :awehigh:



I had an awesome dream the other week... my girlfriend and i for whatever reason were going to a family get together, and Mckenna was basically my zany uncle. He was the one barbecuing lol
man, that was a good dream ha


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: orison]
    #22947535 -

orison319 said:

He makes excellent ribs.. :awehigh:



so he is still alive?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #22947593 -

UILECHUMHACHTACH said:
orison319 said:

He makes excellent ribs.. :awehigh:



so he is still alive?



Only in the Mycelial network! :vibin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? *DELETED* [Re: Turtletotem]
    #22947631 -

Post deleted by FairyFlowers

Reason for deletion: :mushroom2:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Buckthorn] * 1
    #22947718 -

:letyourspiritsoar:  :computertrip:  :bb:  :acidcat:  :peak:  :sagetrip:  :shroomhead: 

:vibin: :vibin: :vibin: :vibin: :vibin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Turtletotem]
    #22947834 -

that is Steven Raichlen , hes a chef on the Create Network. I always say he looks like TM..



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: thoughts on Terence McKenna? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #22981572 -

Apollyphelion said:
McKenna is amazing if you read his shit as science fiction.
He's piss poor if you read it as actual science.



What's fun about listening to Terence, is asking yourself "What if this dude was right"

I didn't see Machine Elves but I saw some kind of entity on 7g dry of PE. Terence actually makes that experience make some kind of sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD?
( 1 2 3 all )
Spooge 10,743 52 10/09/12 09:53 PM
by Help on the Way
* Terence McKenna "The Last Word" [.mpg movie] - supposed last video interview Vvellum 1,814 16 05/01/05 02:17 PM
by Adom
* Terence McKenna on ketamine and ecstasy (mp3's)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,218 21 06/07/04 05:16 AM
by filthysock
* Terence McKenna & Robert Hunter
( 1 2 all )
kosmic_charlie 4,183 25 12/24/04 07:50 PM
by Ripple
* Wich McKenna audio would you recommend...
( 1 2 all )
Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 4,560 29 12/18/04 02:35 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* Terrance Mckenna Dreamer987 1,465 11 06/12/03 04:52 PM
by Crass
* Mudvayne and McKenna? dblaney 1,569 15 02/01/05 11:29 PM
by kadakuda
* Terence Mckenna streaming on my wma server. Fliquid 1,237 19 12/01/04 02:22 AM
by felix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,860 topic views. 6 members, 35 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.