Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit?
    #22907755 -

I've bit my nails for as long as I can remember. There was one time about 2 or 3 years ago where I let them grow for a few months straight. I let them grow so long... my thumb nail was literally about an inch and a half at it's highest length. They looked so vile but I let them continue to grow because I thought it was better than biting them... then eventually I cut them with clippers and started biting them again soon after. Then about 2 months ago I stopped biting them again for about month straight. Now I can't stop biting the fuckers again. It seems that once I bite off one nail I continue on to all the other fingers. Anyone else have this problem? Is there some kind of clear nail liquid I can put on my nails to make them taste like shit so I don't bite them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: SLCxPunk]
    #22907816 -

Dude yes. I basically have nubs. And then I'll stop biting them and they'll grow out but it's like my anxiety just builds pressure when that happens. And as soon as I'm done biting them I feel so much better.


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #22907852 -

Start working with your hands, get them nice and dirty. Change the wax ring on your toilet. That'll stop that shit instantly. At least I used to until I realized how much shit builds up under your nails.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: puff4200]
    #22907865 -

don't eat meat and you won't feel like a caged, stressed animal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #22907868 -

I don't eat meat and I do feel like a caged, stressed animal.


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Buckthorn] * 2
    #22907869 -

Meat eating is directly connected to nail biting? Either that or you were looking for any thread to force your vegan opinion even though its not even related.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: SLCxPunk]
    #22907871 -

No but I get this "itch" in my jaw that makes me wanna grind my teeth


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: puff4200] * 1
    #22907881 -

puff4200 said:
Meat eating is directly connected to nail biting? Either that or you were looking for any thread to force your vegan opinion even though its not even related.



:imwithstupid:

Even though I agree with not eating meat, every thread I've seen you in is you preaching about how you shouldn't eat meat.
Kind of annoying and I doubt you convince anyone to change anything that way.


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: shadyy]
    #22907885 -

I used to pick the shit out of my lips, like as in rip layers off until they were raw and bleeding

Ever since I quit blazing all the time I lost the desire to keep doing that all the time:shrug:


--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #22907894 -

caged animals will chew on their fences, self, or others the same way i see nail eaters eating their nails chewing on them

nails are for digging

go dig a hole and shit in it

the worst thing i saw done with nails was some ho who i ended up obsessing over who clawed the blood out of a mans back in my classmates parents TV room at a party

i used to pick my nails off with my other nails but now i enjoy growing them

chew your toenails off beasts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #22907903 -

UILECHUMHACHTACH said:
caged animals will chew on their fences, self, or others the same way i see nail eaters eating their nails chewing on them

nails are for digging

go dig a hole and shit in it

the worst thing i saw done with nails was some ho who i ended up obsessing over who clawed the blood out of a mans back in my classmates parents TV room at a party

i used to pick my nails off with my other nails but now i enjoy growing them

chew your toenails off beasts



I bet you're really hot in person tho


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: puff4200]
    #22907906 -

I was totally addicted to biting them off all the time. Clean, I mean not until they bled or so, just very short. The sensation was just irresistible. And then use the nail in my mouth as a toothpick, moving the nail between every pair of teeth with my tongue. Oh, the joy.

Curiously, I stopped when I started my citalopram medication against depression and neurotic tics. Lol, they didn't help at all, except against the nail biting. I took them for some years, and when I quit I was so used to clipping my nails that I never got back to biting them off. Now nothing beats a nice clean perfect nail clipping session. I also use wooden toothpicks now.

Btw, isn't biting also bad for your front teeth?



Love, Hanz.


--------------------
Small scale alternative parties rich in empathy and extravagance. Happen to know of one in the vicinity of Amsterdam? PM me my dear fellow. I love to meet some other freaks.

Oh and, if you can,.. embrace the nyctomorph. It needs you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #22907914 -

I don't see a problem with biting my nails I've always done it :shrug: I don't bite them down till they hurt I just bite them to keep them short because I don't like having long fingernails. I don't see anything wrong with biting them v. using clippers.


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22908167 -

That's gross.

The reason I use nail clippers is so I don't have to eat all of the dirt and nasty fingernail cheese from under my nails when I want them shorter:shrug:

Seems like a big benifit to me lol

Edited by impatientguy (02/15/16 04:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: impatientguy]
    #22908322 -

It says in the bible when one finds a wife to take her home: shave her head and cut her nails

Declawing cats is wrong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: impatientguy]
    #22908454 -

But I dont eat it I just bite it and throw them in the trash. Or if I'm on the go and need shorter nails bite, spit, repeat.


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22908467 -

My overall reaction to this thread

:girlofdisapproval:


--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22908475 -

Nah. I have a couple of friends who are pretty bad about it though. I think painting my nails probably helps, though I just don't get the urge. I very much enjoy having fingernails, they're useful as fuck to have as long as they're a reasonable length and aren't too long.
Too long fingernails freak me out.

Edited by pirate-blues (02/15/16 05:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #22908477 -

I chew on the skin around my nails


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody else have a bad nail biting habit? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #22908483 -

I used to bite my nails quite a bit. I started using Burt's Bees cuticle cream, and I don't know what it does - but it makes your nails grow a little stronger I guess. When you go to bite your nails, you can feel that they are stronger, and it incentivises you not to bite them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* [Poll]Do you bite your nails? Requiem 1,670 16 06/18/04 08:33 AM
by JaRRn
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 7,279 61 01/21/03 06:38 AM
by KackleDude
* shrooms bad for liver?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 26,454 24 04/09/20 07:37 PM
by TheStallionMang
* I got a bite by a baby black widow theshiftingwalls 1,926 14 08/26/03 06:51 AM
by Sev
* A bad trip (long but intresting) drknintonight 1,015 0 07/04/04 10:16 PM
by drknintonight
* No Caffeine = Bad Mood? MOTH 1,750 12 04/25/04 03:19 AM
by Noviseer
* hahahahaha i live in a bad sitcom notapillow 890 8 10/15/03 11:08 PM
by OldSpice
* Bad dreams and nightmare
( 1 2 all )
Macey Howard 6,327 32 04/14/03 09:05 PM
by OutkastSlug

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,303 topic views. 4 members, 8 guests and 203 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.