Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: shrooms bad for liver? [Re: zeta]
    #2007525 - 10/14/03 04:38 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Hard drugs isn't the most retarded term ever. IMO it's better to make a difference between weed and heroin than to make no difference at all.

The dutch government didn't make this difference because hard drugs are harmfullto the body, but because they are they have unacceptable consequences for users and society. I don't agree with that, but I think it's better than just calling all drugs bad.

I wrote this in another thread to explain the dutch drugs law:
"In Holland we have 2 opium acts. The first is for Hard Drugs and the second for Soft Drugs. Only cannabis products fall under Soft Drugs(list 2). Buying, selling, possessing and growing of Soft and Hard drugs is illegal. Using Hard and Soft drugs is legal, even for minors! Using drugs isn't illegal so that people don't need to be scared to search for help(heroin, crack, cocaine addicts).

The dutch government tolerates small production(5plants pp), possession(5g) and selling(only coffeeshops/max 5g pp) of Soft Drugs(Cannabis products). Tolerating is "legal" but i'm not able to explain that part of the dutch law in English.

Smart Drugs/Eco Drugs (Mushrooms, Salvia, LSA seeds, San Pedro, Peyote and Ayahuasca) are totally legal! Psilocybin falls under the first opium act but judges in Holland say that natural plants containing Psilocybin aren't illegal because blablabla . They interpret the law in a good manner . But sometimes a judge has some american blood in his veins and says that it is illegal to grow enormous amounts of mushrooms It's all about how judges interpret the dutch law. But nearly nobody is accusing mushroom growers/sellers etc so that's nice."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: shrooms bad for liver? [Re: Rose]
    #2007527 - 10/14/03 04:38 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

i have experienced lower back pain following mushrooms experiences, but have noticed the same effect from LDS. i beleive it to by stress [physical] caused by prolonged muscle tension. i also get the exact same pain from sitting in my computer chair [wich gves no real lmbar suport] for prolonged periods.

i had an aquaitance die following a "mushroom experience" where he had consumed a deadly, amatoxin containing species allong with what where either a psilocybian mushroom species, or a psychadellic like LSD.
there where no specimens left to be examined and i do not believe the source from wich he obtained them was ever discovered.

his friends and family [who had been in contact with the medical personel treating him] seemed to be under the impression that it was symptomatic of the psilocybian mushrooms themselves. this example illustrates tat the miss information is widespread. it is; nonetheless, simple missinformation.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePNutButta
Stranger
Re: shrooms bad for liver? [Re: canid]
    #2007727 - 10/14/03 08:50 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

i have experienced lower back pain following mushrooms experiences, but have noticed the same effect from LDS.

I find mormons to be more of a headache or pain in my butt than in my back :smile:

Offlinekoivth
Stranger
Re: shrooms bad for liver? [Re: TODAY]
    #26589443 - 04/09/20 08:35 PM (6 months, 11 days ago)

The toxicity of psilocybin is low. In rats, the median lethal dose (LD50) when administered orally is 280 milligrams per kilogram (mg/kg), approximately one and a half times that of caffeine. When administered intravenously in rabbits, psilocybin's LD50 is approximately 12.5 mg/kg.[49] Psilocybin comprises approximately 1% of the weight of Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms, and so nearly 1.7 kilograms (3.7 lb) of dried mushrooms, or 17 kilograms (37 lb) of fresh mushrooms, would be required for a 60-kilogram (130 lb) person to reach the 280 mg/kg LD50 value of rats.[6] Based on the results of animal studies, the lethal dose of psilocybin has been extrapolated to be 6 grams, 1000 times greater than the effective dose of 6 milligrams.[50] The Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances assigns psilocybin a relatively high therapeutic index of 641 (higher values correspond to a better safety profile); for comparison, the therapeutic indices of aspirin and nicotine are 199 and 21, respectively.[51] The lethal dose from psilocybin toxicity alone is unknown at recreational or medicinal levels, and has rarely been documented—as of 2011, only two cases attributed to overdosing on hallucinogenic mushrooms (without concurrent use of other drugs) have been reported in the scientific literature and may involve other factors aside from psilocybin. -- From wikipedia

OfflineTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: IL Flag
Re: shrooms bad for liver? [Re: Rose]
    #26589566 - 04/09/20 09:37 PM (6 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Rose said:
I've heard shrooms are bad for the liver... especially when I was a young 'un tripping my first few times.

I've heard toxic shrooms are bad for the liver but I don't know this to be fact. I do know toxic shrooms are toxic.

I think these rumors are a mix of four things:

1: Anti drug propaganda

2: Stories of people accidentally picking and selling poisonous shrooms to unsuspecting trippers (mostly propoganda but I bet it has happened before. It certainly could happen.)

3: People selling shrooms from contaminated cakes (The only way a Cube could be toxic... well you could lace it with arcenic... :tongue:)

4: Misinformation (Very few people know much about mycology... Who's heard that the shiny, gold stuff that you find on some shrooms means they are very potent? I have.)

Can you please explain how eating a shroom off a contaminated cake would make it toxic? I've eaten plenty of them off of contaminated cakes and out of bulk tubs and never had an issue.  My understanding is that the myc pulls nutes from the substrate and sends it upwards to make a shroom.  There is no biological reason that fungi would take something besides it's food into itself. Therefore, a shroom doesn't pull toxins into itself and won't be toxic

My grandma had a rule about mold and things like that.  Mold, spores, and fungi are on everything in the world and if there isn't enough on your food to see it, then there isn't enough to hurt you... This was usually said as she was cutting mold off of cheese or scraping it out of the jelly jar before serving it to me and I never had any problems due to living that way.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Community >> The Pub