Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1450194 - 04/11/03 04:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not often, I just tend to have really weird dreams on the slightly-scary side. Like the other night, I was just falling asleep and I started to dream that I was in my room, and the curtain was open. My mom was standing next to me, and I looked out the window and saw some freaky guy.. I tried to tell my mom, but for some reason she couldn't see him and I like.. paralyzed and fell to the ground, maybe out of shock. Then I woke up.

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: Lyena]
    #1450279 - 04/11/03 05:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

On the nightmare subject, has anyone ever experienced sleep apparitions/entities whilst sleeping? I mean, going to bed sober (no drugs or alcohol in you at all) and experiencing some scary hallucination?
Once, I was CERTAIN I was awake. I peeked over my cover and a very tall (about 7ft) completely black hooded figure stood at the foot of my bed watching me, I was frozen to the bed. I tried to shout for help but I couldn't get the words out. It was fucking terrifying. This is when I was about 8, it still haunts me occassionally... Some folk believe you are having a deep, extremely realistic dream.
Some think you actually wake up and are seeing a ghost.
People report being beaten up, verbally abused and sexually assaulted by these entities... I believe in the vivid dream theory..

But yeah, has anyone experienced this???

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: Nirvana]
    #1450432 - 04/11/03 06:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

About 2X a year i experience somthing like negative entities/demons in a semi waking state. i'll awake within a dream without actually waking up to the sensory world and have often felt hands around my neck or an oppressive weight on my chest. These experiences are very often accompanied by wordless garble that feels like it's resonating through my entire being(i hesitate to use the term "demonic" although it wouldn't be much of a stretch)....sometimes this will happen a few times in the same night. It certainly SEEMS real enough at the time, and i've done a bit of research into "sleep paralysis" and this seems to explain the experience pretty well.....

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Edited by FreakQlibrium (04/11/03 06:49 PM)

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1451220 - 04/12/03 12:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I was a kid I used to have dreams about monsters coming to get me. One night I got sick and tired of being scared and said out loud, " I dare you to come and get me".. Of course nothing did and I slept peacefuly until I had kids to worry about.. Whenever I have nightmares now,its about them.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1451299 - 04/12/03 12:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As I entered my teen years(i'm 19 now 20 in may) I had no nightmares. In all of the scary dreams since then I've just killed whatever person or monster was after me. Haven't had a bad dream in a long time.

The closest thing I've had to a bad dream in my recent memory is a case of Sleep Paralysis I've suffered from. And sleep paralysis is scary shit. Especially when it happens to u for the first time and you have no fucking clue of what's happening to you. It was about to happen to me again but i aborted it with a technique I learned online (blinking the eyes rapidly, giving a kind of jump start to the neurons responsible for motor activity). If it ever starts again I might let it happen, and see if i can acheive an OBE, or something.

Here's a link about Sleep Paralysis: http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

Here's a description from Stanford university: http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1451317 - 04/12/03 12:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, and mine was the kind with hallucinations, with a presense in the room. I heard some THING walk from the hallway to the side of my bed, making horrible unhuman grunts, and a high pitch kind of screech. I couldn't turn my head to see what it could have been.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1451441 - 04/12/03 01:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I used to get sleep parylasis a lot a few years ago when I wasn't into astral projecting. It kinda sucks cuz it's hard now.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinejoe0985
drifter

Loc: in the middle of the US
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: Murex]
    #1455964 - 04/14/03 02:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can never remember any of my dreams and some would say that is a blessing but i dont see how, i think dreams just make sleeping more interesting.......

--------------------
"Reality is but a serotonin induced hallucinogen"

Anonymous

Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: joe0985]
    #1456247 - 04/14/03 04:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i hate it when it sounds like the tv is on, and you check - but it's not - and you continue to hear the voices but can't quite make out what they're saying. then you try to figure out if you're actually hearing it - and you are - with no explanation. the scarier part is when you actually make out parts of what they're saying and it involves you. or you hear your name.

wtf is that?!

Offlineglimmi
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: Adden]
    #1456880 - 04/14/03 01:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As far as i kno i havent ever had a bad dream mabey when i was younger and i just cant remeber it i dunno. But how ever i get extremely vidid dreams where im seriously convinced that everything thats happening is real some times its so bad i actually end up asking people if it actually happend(and there so bizzare sometimes that when i ask peopl if it actually happend they look at me with like i have eight heads or something). Sometimes i have dreams that where i take psychedelics or smoke or sumthing and i wake up high or tripping. Actually triping where ill wake up to halucinations and physically feel like ive taken the drug i took in my dream now it dosent last long at all mabey 10-20 minutes after i wake up some time it could only last mabey a minute depending on how much time i get to wake up. This ever happen to anyone else??? I also get lucid dreams pretty frequently as well sumtimes ill wake up from a lucid dream and enter one of the really vivid dreams where im even more conviced that it actually happens some times its so bad i actually goto sleep in a dream and wake up. Its kinda bad but its also kinda cool cause i get to have some really cool enjoyable dreams its just so weird.

peace,
glimmi

--------------------
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like...ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineOutkastSlug
Musician/Performer

Loc: B.C., Canada
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: glimmi]
    #1457291 - 04/14/03 04:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm almost 18. I frequently have vivid nightmares. I always have one of three kinds of dreams. I'll have a dream that portrays something big going on in my life and seriously makes me think about it. or... I'll have a vivid and horrible nightmare that's hard to shake off for a couple days. or.... I won't remember my dream. Of course, I only have dreams if I can ever get myself to sleep....

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Re: Bad dreams and nightmare [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #1458271 - 04/14/03 10:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

weed, try lots of weeeed :laugh:  and beer too :laugh: 

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineOutkastSlug
Musician/Performer

Loc: B.C., Canada
    #1458503 - 04/14/03 11:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I smoke alot of weed, and it does help. I'd like to avoid alcohol as much as I can though, cause it's really easy for me to fall off the wagon BIG TIME. That would fuck up my life worse than the nightmares.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains