Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
Reality and Dreams "meshing"
    #2551406 - 04/12/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

For awhile i've had heavy dreams, very lucid usually not so abstract though. Like they pertain to my usual every day affairs except i realize i'm dreaming and tend to push the limits. I have dreams of my everyday life and they are a little tweaked, then i wake up and go about my daily life, but i have trouble remembering if i actually was doing those things in my dreams or if it was my actions whilst awake. I'm not a heavy drug user and drink on weekends. So i assume its not a factor in my blurred percetion. The 'problem' didn't really come into play until i started learning and pushing lucid dreaming, the question you ask yourself to lucid dream is "are you dreaming?" I ask myself this in daily life plus i ask it to myself in my dreams, and right when i ask it in my dreams i become fully self aware, i then take control of my dream just as i would be in nonsleep. Its frustrating because i have dreams of situations that happened in a regular setting and when i go to those places to hangout i have these memories that i did something that i'm not sure of really happened. It also happens with People, i sometimes have dreams where i have a problem with someone then i see that person and have angst towards them for no reason that comes from somewhere in my subconscious. I also have had this for a girl then when i see that girl whom i'm just friends with i feel a connection that was not and is not real. Very weird to have angst, lust, fear and many other emotions that are all in a subconcious realm but show themselves on a concious level. That is my problem i have blurred the line between the consciouness' by becoming over-lucid. Anyone have any input?
on a side note if you are caught in a bad dream you can wake yourself by calling your own name repeatedly

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Mischief Managed

Loc: under your bed
Re: Reality and Dreams "meshing" [Re: Trippy Hippy]
    #2551430 - 04/12/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That is crazy, I had some weird shit happen to me.....Like once I was having a horrible nightmare and I kept trying to wake myself up (thanx for the tip btw) and so I woke up but as I sat up in bed, I opened my eyes and I was still dreaming, like I couldnt see my room at all, my eyes were open but all I could see is the dream....I was trapped, finally I snapped out of it but it scared me.
I am only able to control my dreams if I think about it ahead of time....like if it is already in subconcious..then I can do it.....
Ive never heard anything like what you are speaking of thats crazy, go to a dream doctor? :smile:

#2551447 - 04/12/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had a lucid dream but quite often I'll dream something completely rational and trivial, then maybe go for a few days thinking it actually happened until I work out that it couldn't have. It's always something small, like a conversation between me and a friend so it's never caused me problems or embarassment but it's freaky to think: How many of your memories about trivial, non converstation-worthy occurences are actually from things that happened in dreams?

You are born alone, you die alone, and you trip alone.

The VerbalHerman Munster

Loc: Texas
    #2551450 - 04/12/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dreamers advice-
your fuckin crazy dude :laugh: :nut:
hehe wierd

Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2551814 - 04/12/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know a person who is having a similar problem; he believes that "The dream world is just as 'real' as your percieved 'awaken' reality..." and thinks that dreams predict real life scenarios through an "undeniable" force. He uses his perception and experience for determining reality but refutes all logic and other peoples experiences if they contradict his own view. He doesn't distinguish between hallucinations (internal events) and sensory perception (external events) because they are real to his reality.

It's easy to confuse a dream with a real event if they bear similarity to each other. You have already noted that by going to the same places and meeting the same people you have feelings affecting you that were justified while you were dreaming. I have found it's easy to get mad at a person who treated you badly in a dream; you may even want them confront them and have them justify there actions. Try not to let events in your dreams affect your reality; integrating the two can be confusing. You might think someone is going to kill you, or that you are intimate with a stranger, or that have special powers. The reality you end up getting is no more true than a schizophrenics.

Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Reality and Dreams "meshing" [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2552003 - 04/12/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The reality you end up getting is no more true than a schizophrenics.

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: Reality and Dreams "meshing" [Re: Muppet]
    #2553212 - 04/13/04 03:02 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dreams are very interesting indeed.  You just can't really describe them, they can make you happy, or they can make you terrified.  I remember I once drank tea with "dream herb" in it, and that night I had the most lucid, and out of this world dream I have ever had.  Though most of it is cloudy; I remember waking with me slamming into my desk, my dresser, and then finally slamming into my wall breaking my big toe.  My brother came rushing to my room, he's like wide eyed saying "Whats going on"!  All I could say was it was a nightmare, even though I knew it wasn't, I was just dazed and confused.  But really anything that brings you out of your dreams physically, and makes you hurt yourself, I could sort of call a nightmare.  The next morning my brother told me he heard me yelling like wwwoooaaa, wwwwoooaaa,  wwwwwwoooooooaaaaaa!  Then that's when he heard me struggling in my room.  Just seeing his face when I woke up leaning up against the wall on one foot, :whoa:, was priceless.

Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #2553254 - 04/13/04 03:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

when I was younger I used to have waking dreams.... like I'd get out of bed, and I'd see everything that was there, but there would also be an overlay of dream objects and people. Like sleepwalking, but fully aware of what was around me. Used to freak people out.... like I would have a conversation with someone who's house I was spending the night at, and then I'd just start talking to someone else in the middle of the conversation that only I could see. The last time that happened was after a night of shrooming and I fell asleep sitting up with my eyes wide open, and my dreams played out like plays in front of me, with the room in front of m eyes being the stage. I couldn't move or interract with the dreams, but I was aware that it was all taking place in the room and I was not awake. I'm one of the lucky few that have always been able to dream lucidly, and have been controlling my dreams since I can remember. Only problem is if I'm lucid in a dream for too long (hour or two, dream time), a vortex almost always opens up in the sky and sucks me in, and I wake up.

Also, here's a trick I've learned that works for me. If I'm ever having a nightmare, or I can sense a dream about to turn into one, I roll my eyes back into my head, that ALWAYS wakes me up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Community >> The Pub