Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2263027 - 01/22/04 02:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
I can't believe some of the conspiracy theories that come out of this forum, it's absolutly beyond crazy and bordering on just plain looniness.

I alwasy suspect you were one of thier spawn...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2263033 - 01/22/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ah...er...no i'm not :crazy:

me\ puts on tin foil hat :shiftyeyes:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: Evolving]
    #2263106 - 01/22/04 03:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Democraps love to give free money to people who have kids and don't even pay taxes! They've always pandered to people who breed incessantly with no motivation to take responibility for their own actions.

re-poops love to give free money to giant corporations who dont even pay taxes!...they've always pandered to people who loot out the population..and dump toxic waste on them..with no motivation to take responsibility for their own actions...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2263236 - 01/22/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I am against corporate welfare. I hope you're not going to use the Alex123 justification of one government wrong making another okay. 'Cause that's just plain silly.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: daussaulit]
    #2263366 - 01/22/04 04:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe he justs wants more couples to start pumping out babies so the massive debt their children will have to pay won't seem as much.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2263589 - 01/22/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So that's what your basing your whole "conspiracy" on? A tax break for those that have kids? Maybe, just maybe they want to let families have an easier time raising kids. Any tax break the govt gives is a good thing as long as the spending decreases.

A: Why is the word "conspiracy" in quotes? you're certainly not quoting me. And no, I'm not basing it on just this. This is just one peice of a larger whole.

B: There has been no decrease in spending to accompany Bush's tax cuts

and finally

C: Do you really not mind paying more taxes than someone else just because they have kids? Why should you pay for their decision to breed?

Anonymous

Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2263597 - 01/22/04 06:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

its easy to see an ulterior motive here

it usually is, isn't it? hey, i hear that with the new brain-scanners they have now, you need at least 6 layers of foil to protect yourself. you hear anything about that?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2263605 - 01/22/04 06:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Why is the word "conspiracy" in quotes?

It's in quotes because conspiracy seems to be such a cliche' as of late.

Quote:

There has been no decrease in spending to accompany Bush's tax cuts and finally

That's obvious, but with reduced spending should be reduced taxes.

Quote:

Do you really not mind paying more taxes than someone else just because they have kids?

oh, don't get me wrong, i don't want to pay taxes period but that's not an option. I still don't see how this feeds the big "conspiracy" theory that has evolved in this thread.

If you answer any question, please answer this one: What made you different from those kids being taught "family values" (ie: republican brainwash) that made you not choose to be conservative?

This one to if you want: So what happens if that population turns into a bunch of libbies? Is there a secret potion out there to make sure that they stay conservatives? (from my previous post)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (01/22/04 06:34 PM)

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2263643 - 01/22/04 06:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What made you different from those kids being taught "family values" (ie: republican brainwash) that made you not choose to be conservative?

Liberal parents that wanted to abort me but didnt (hey, I dont blame em!)

Quote:

So what happens if that population turns into a bunch of libbies? Is there a secret potion out there to make sure that they stay conservatives? (from my previous post)

Television, radio, public education, "faith-based" initiatives, draconian drug laws, religious fanaticism, economic incentive...

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2263718 - 01/22/04 07:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Did anyone here stop to think that maybe he wants to encourage marriage in low income areas in an effort to slow promiscuity and rampant pregnancy and so that there can be children raised in a family as opposed to not knowing who their father is?? I'm not saying that it will solve the problem but it could help. I may be missing something that could contradict this though.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2263886 - 01/22/04 08:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Liberal parents that wanted to abort me but didnt (hey, I dont blame em!)

So is it a good thing to be raised by parents who thought aboot aborting you but not if your parents use good family values and hold the family together? I'm a little confused.

I was raised by a conservative mother and a liberal father so i got to see the rediculous side of each point of view.

Quote:

Television, radio, public education, "faith-based" initiatives, draconian drug laws, religious fanaticism, economic incentive...

Well if you were able to fight the temptation why isn't it possible that others can?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2264136 - 01/22/04 09:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sayin its gonna work. I'm just sayin its a grab for power, thats all. They are trying to mold society into a more easy to manipulate form- and now with tax money.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2264355 - 01/22/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it's strange to see the responses in this thread...

I can't believe it took 1.5 billion for a publicity
campaign for marriage to piss people off.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: afoaf]
    #2264847 - 01/23/04 03:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I can't believe you think that's all that got people pissed.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2264938 - 01/23/04 05:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i just think you are OVER-thinking this.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (01/23/04 05:09 AM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Marriage, no gays [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2265310 - 01/23/04 09:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the only time I remember seeing you display disgust
at the president was when I mentioned the mexican
worker thing and this here.

sorry if I haven't been paying close enough attention,
but those are the two worries lowest on my list.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2265463 - 01/23/04 11:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
i just think you are OVER-thinking this.

could be.

But I have a 23yo friend who just got his girlfriend pregnant. They went to an abortion clinic, but some bible-thumper was standing outside and he talked them out of it (I dont know what's harder to believe- that people like that exist, or that my friend was dumb enough to listen to them) His girlfriend's parents are rabid conservatives that are pressuring them to keep the baby, and get married. These kids can barely take care of themselves, let alone a baby. They are both less than halfway through their educations. It makes no sense for them to have a kid- at least they could give it up for adoption. But they're not gonna. They have fallen into the trap- they have started their journey on the road to becoming exactly like their parents. I try to explain to them how much their lives will change for the worse when they have this kid, but my rational arguements are being drowned out by all the conservative emotional manipulation they face from their parents and society in general.

Soon, my friend will be powerless to change the world or stand up for what he believes in. His fate and his emotions will be tied to a kid that spends his money on useless consumer goods. Threats of any kind will weigh heavier on him, because he will have a family to think about and provide for. He will have to give up his dreams and take a shit job for the sake of his family. And eventually, he will see Republicans as "on his side" because they pander to families. The assimilation will be complete.

Surely you can see how a family is an anchor around a man's neck? A proverbial "ball and chain"? Conservatives want to attach this anchor to everyone- it makes them easy to manipulate, and it makes them more voracious consumers.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2265583 - 01/23/04 11:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Surely you can see how a family is an anchor around a man's neck? A proverbial "ball and chain"?

Sorry to sound picky, but surely it's an anchor around both of their necks? As the saying goes, "It takes two to tango".

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2265586 - 01/23/04 11:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really want to get into a pro/anti abortion debate because it's non-productive but one thing really bothered me was this line you wrote:

"Surely you can see how a family is an anchor around a man's neck? "

I have a co-worker who LOVES his family. I don't think this guy would ever want to be without his family and wouldn't ever think of his family as a speedbump or as you put it "a ball and chain".

did i also mention that he's a flaming libbie? Nice guy but just out there philosophically.

As for me. i'm married and have no kids because i'm selfish and just don't want to deal with kids at this point in my life, my wife is the same.

Quote:

Conservatives want to attach this anchor to everyone

i disagree, i think conservatives (real conservatives)want people to take responsibility for their actions. It's easy to not take responsibility for your own actions which is why many people do it.

I hate to sound like my parents but your friend knew the risks before he put his pecker in....i did the same thing but i wore a condom, but lets not turn this into an abortion thread.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2265655 - 01/23/04 12:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Surely you can see how a family is an anchor around a man's neck? A proverbial "ball and chain"?

I am married with a family, there is no anchor around my neck, no ball and chain. If a man perceives that his family is an anchor around his neck, or a ball and chain, these are things that he has fashioned for himself.

Quote:

Conservatives want to attach this anchor to everyone- it makes them easy to manipulate, and it makes them more voracious consumers.

I think you are way off base on this. Conservatives (true conservatives, not neo-conservatives) want people to take responsibility for the consequences of their decisions and actions. Bush's proposal is actually going in the opposite direction. If we look at what a mess the government has made of various things it has stuck it's nose in, no one in his right mind would go along with Bush's proposal. These 'bible thumpers' who want the government to change people's behavior are not the opposite of the PC lobby, in fact they share the very same tendencies, they both want the government to remake society towards their visions. Both are wrong.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder