Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #911250 - 09/27/02 01:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

as in depth and thorough as your analysis is, i was trying to encourage different, more abstract, big-picture ways of interpreting things

it in fact has everything to do with what you said, as you were trying to describe the variance between the agendas

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #911262 - 09/27/02 01:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its relevant in that i, and many others, would heavily dispute the concept that the democratic party "has no real agenda"

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: ]
    #911368 - 09/27/02 02:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The govermant shouldn't be involed in all those things anyway. Unfortunatly is has gotten into those things when those things should fall to the states.

Military force has a great power of clarity.
War, in other words, destroys pretense.

As we have seen in the current crisis, those who are the most educated, the most removed from the often humiliating rat race of daily life (what Hobbes called the bellum omnium contra omnes), and the most inexperienced with thugs and bullies, are the likeliest to advocate utopian solutions and to ridicule those who would remind them of the tragic nature of mankind and the timeless nature of war. Ironically, they are also the most likely to get others less fortunate than themselves killed ? as we saw in World War II, and most recently during the last decade in Iraq, Serbia, and in our ongoing experience with the Middle Eastern terrorists. McClellans ? not Shermans; Chamberlains ? not Churchills; and Clintons ? not Reagans, usually pose as the more sensible, compassionate, and circumspect leaders; but in fact, even as they smile and pump the flesh, they prove far, far more dangerous to all involved.

The pacifists and utopians who believe war never solved anything should recall the words of the firebrand, slave-owning, and utterly lethal Nathan Bedford Forrest upon learning that many of his fellow Confederates were promising years of guerrilla warfare after 1865. "Men, you may all do as you please, but I'm a-going home. Any man who is in favor of a further prosecution of this war is a fit subject for a lunatic asylum, and ought to be sent there immediately."

Mr. Forrest was a brave man and formidable fighter ? indeed, he had personally killed 29 Union soldiers in battle and had 30 horses shot from under him. But what made him give up the fight was neither Abolitionist rhetoric nor a sudden change of heart, but the likes of William Tecumseh Sherman ? who tore through Georgia and the Carolinas ? and the thousands of Union cavalrymen that overran Forrest's beloved Tennessee.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: Lallafa]
    #911937 - 09/27/02 11:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

One would be hard pressed to find anything but a token difference in the agendas pursued by the GOP and the DNC other than the fact that the Republicans seek reckless and forthright distribution of wealth upwards while the DNC seeks to mask it. Regardless, the pursued upshots are all but identical. "

Sorry Lall. Didn't realize you were agreeing with me.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: Lallafa]
    #911975 - 09/27/02 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I still say they don't really have a political agenda, other than to keep getting elected.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #911983 - 09/27/02 12:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

The govermant shouldn't be involed in all those things anyway. Unfortunatly is has gotten into those things when those things should fall to the states

I never stated that the government should be involved in those things. When the government taxes it's subjects to conduct warfare, it's subject do not have that money to spend on those things which I listed.

Please explain how the destruction of war is good for the economy. Please explain how a conflict in the mid-east driving up the price of crude oil on the world markets will be good for the average American (not those who profit from the sale of Crude Oil or petroleum products). Facts and figures would be helpful as well as a cogent economic analysis.

Edited by Evolving (09/27/02 12:11 PM)

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: Macey Howard]
    #913022 - 09/27/02 08:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

We got Bush!!!

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Alien Substrate Instructional:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG82xLzrNg8

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: ]
    #913469 - 09/27/02 11:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

These short wars don't seem to do much but often there is and large amount of government spending that goes into the economy. And there are often huge leaps in technology that occurred during wartime. I know, I know government spending creates deficit but that wouldn't be a problem if we would quit making huge loans and then forgiving the loans to all these countries that we supposedly treat so bad.
I will withdraw that claim thought for lack of evidence except to say that post WWII was a great time for America economically.

Does everyone forget that we as a country give more money to help people all over the globe than the rest of the world combined?

--------------------

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #913476 - 09/27/02 11:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Does everyone forget that we as a country give more money to help people all over the globe than the rest of the world combined?

and then hold it over said countries heads when they do not join our imperialistic coalitions to dominate other smaller countries.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: bush just keeps fucking up and fucking up [Re: PGF]
    #913579 - 09/27/02 11:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sure thats why we forgive so much debt.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order