Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
mp3 players
    #2228023 -

I've so far ordered 4 only
to send 2 back and cancel the
other 2.
My last one i sent back today MPIO to flimsy, tha battery cover was a
disgrace to the quality of the sound.
It felt cheap, easily broken.
I dont want a 20gb just up to 256mb.
I like this one from iRiver and have
found it cheap on amazon but the battery
is not convinving me to buy. Built in
rechargable sounds like trouble to me,
anyone help and as i said i dont want
a big HD.
iRiver



Another thing that puzzels me is why
the creative muvo 1.5gb is only ?3 more
expensive than the 512mb muvo.


--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: scotsman1]
    #2228137 -

Apple came out with their mini iPod (4 GB) for $249 USD.

A huge rip off, but it is a new thing. Free laser engraving.

You can get it for $229 or $199 if you sign up for that home-schooling thing.


--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: daba]
    #2229382 -

I've been reading a lot that the batteries in those ipods die after 18 months and cost $99 to replace if you sent it back to apple, or spend like $50 and pry it open and remove all the little pieces and then replace the battery and then put it back together again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: daussaulit]
    #2233309 -

the ipod seems to be the best of the mp3 players.. haven't really heard about this battery issue.. 18 months.. hrmm.. lol, might be worth it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: daussaulit]
    #2234193 -

daussaulit said:
I've been reading a lot that the batteries in those ipods die after 18 months and cost $99 to replace if you sent it back to apple, or spend like $50 and pry it open and remove all the little pieces and then replace the battery and then put it back together again.



I've had my iPod for almost two years and the battery is fine.


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: z@z.com]
    #2234412 -

I imagine it depends how much you use it and on several variables.

This is a fairly well known story. Battery failure and the expense of replacement (from what I've read) does seem to be an issue.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: scotsman1]
    #2238098 -

I've spent a while choosing an MP3 player and I'm about to buy the Nex ia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: z@z.com]
    #2242192 -

I have the original 5 gig iPod and bought it several days after it was announced (Around October 2001 I think) and the battery still works fine, I get 6 to 8 hours out of a charge. I think people are blowing the whole battery thing out of proportion, you are supposed to replace your laptop battery every 12 - 16 months and they cost upwards of $100 but no one complains about that. Do they think batteries last forever?


--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: darkfly]
    #2242262 -

Quote:
you are supposed to replace your laptop battery every 12 - 16 months and they cost upwards of $100 but no one complains about that.



The original cost to replace an iPod battery was nearly the cost of a new iPod.

Wouldn't you complain if the cost to replace your laptop battery was nearly equal to the cost of the laptop when it was new?


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: scotsman1]
    #2242382 -

I have an Iriver 390T. Its 256mb and I love it. I get over 15 hours of listening on a single AA. I'd reccommend it for sure.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2242408 -

The cost of a battery replacement is $50. If you wish to have it installed for you Apple charges $99, including the battery. The cost of a new iPod is $299 and up, so I dont know what you mean. And considering the fact the iPod uses a battery similair to that of a laptop, yes I do expect them to cost about the same.


--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: darkfly]
    #2242417 -

well originally apple didn't replace batteries- it just gave you a new ipod in trade for your old one, costing only 50 dollars less

i have a 10gb and had to replace the battery myself ( not bought from silly apple .. they didnt sell them at the time ), but IMO it's most definately worth it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: darkfly]
    #2242431 -

That's what it is NOW. It was not always so.
Link


Quote:
And considering the fact the iPod uses a battery similair to that of a laptop, yes I do expect them to cost about the same.



Re-read my post.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (01/14/04 06:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2242440 -

Yeah I know what you mean. I am just saying, it seems like most of the complaints started AFTER the battery program was announced, and it still continues today, thats what I dont understand. Its like people thought their battery would last forever (not counting people who really did have defective batteries or got screwed in the old deal).


--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: mp3 players [Re: darkfly]
    #2242444 -

I disagree. I think it just took awhile for word to spread and the complaints to surface into the public attention.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anybody have an idea for a good MP3 player? RandalFlagg 2,516 19 01/15/05 10:25 AM
by Thin White Duke
* MP3 Players C20H25N3O 1,980 17 03/07/07 07:18 PM
by f0rce
* Iriver H340 MP3 Player?? DiploidM 874 4 09/16/06 02:15 PM
by ZippoZ
* I need MP3 player help RandalFlagg 1,817 12 03/23/05 04:41 AM
by discoabe
* Video-playing MP3 player questions RandalFlagg 906 2 07/17/06 08:36 PM
by Vvellum
* Mp3 players... CLUELESS looner2 1,698 11 01/27/05 02:49 AM
by EvilEwok
* IPOD vs. MP3 Player vs. Sony PSP!!! supra 1,902 19 02/22/06 02:16 PM
by downforpot
* Sony mp3 player - loading software? PDU 1,074 4 11/20/06 11:28 PM
by PDU

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
852 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.