Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
John Titor - What do you think?
    #2193000 - 12/20/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I rarely post in this forum since I personally believe spirituality to be a very personal and subjective thing that can't be understood by anyone other than the individual...but decided that this would probably be the best forum for me to post this since I feel that it will reach the intended demographic that I'm hoping will find this interesting...or at the very least entertaining.

I recently was asked by a co-worker to do a google search on the name "John Titor"...So I did...and what I found genuinely interested me and even scared me a little.

I'm not going to tell you what to expect or even my personal thoughts on this, since I want you to form your own opinions on what you find...in any case...See what you can find for "John Titor"...I look forward to your responses.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (12/20/03 02:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Rono]
    #2193033 - 12/20/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
I rarely post in this forum since I personally believe spirituality to be a very personal and subjective thing that can't be understood by anyone other than the individual...

I found some pages, but I am sort of drunk right now (keep in mind I usually don't drink) and I couldn't follow it...

I understand what you are saying, but there are a lot of beneficial ideas revolving around spirituality that have the possibility of resonating within others...

It's up to you, man, but I know that I certainly wouldn't mind if you stopped in a little more often.  :thumbup:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2193045 - 12/20/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

or... the civil war stopped the nwo from forming their one world government, and this guy is from the future sent back in time to tell them how to do it right and enslave us in a one world government police state.

I actually hope there is a civil war, why would we want to live enslave din a police state?

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #2193089 - 12/20/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've read a fair deal of the John Titor website, but not all of it, I admit.

Looks to me like subtle libertarian propaganda. Don't know about the technicalities though, I'm not an expert at that, but it seems to me anyone with basic knowledge in physics and futurology could put up a similar show. Nicely done, but not credible (enough to me at least).

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2193109 - 12/20/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I sometimes wonder if the War On Drugs wil end up causing a revolt. Who here would be willing to fight for their right to eat mushrooms?

Could it conceivably come down to a war between Us and Them?

Anyway, on the subject of time travel. If it is/was/will be possible, then why isn't the whole world flooded with time travellers? I know that if it had become commercially available in my lifetime, I would have paid myself a visit by now.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2193155 - 12/20/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I bookmarked the page and will try to find the Art Bell archive and listen to it also. Any links to that would be awesome.

I saw a show on the Discovery channel last week about time travel. I have to admit that time is a confusing subject for me, but the physicist who is evidently paramount in the field stated that time travel backwards in time is only possible as soon as the first time machine is invented and no further back.

The man is not a nut, but seriously working on a govt funded time machine using high powered lasers to "twist" gravity and with it, time. He initial goal is to send a particle back in time to himself. He believes that as soon as he builds a working time machine, that information/particles will immediately start coming through from the future. Boy it really boggles the mind and I already have a headache from lack of sleep! You have given me something to think about though, and opened up a much needed new interest for me to read up on. Here are a couple of links I found in case anyone wants to explore it as well:

http://freespace.virgin.net/steve.preston/Time.html
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/

Enjoy!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2193301 - 12/20/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, the link you gave tells me that he didn't go live on air with Art Bell as I assumed- he posted to an Art Bell discussion board. I am just settling in for a good read, and I'm not passing judgement on it either, but if what he says is true the future holds some unprecedented horrors but some benefits as well:

"In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa. A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people."

"My goal is not to be believed. Most people do not take news of the war very well but I find that everyone believes it's inevitable. Even in your own history, are not great inventions and discoveries made during a time of war in your effort to kill and maim in new and more efficient ways?"

"There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska."

"People spend more time talking because life is more centered on the community. I've noticed the same type of effect here when the power goes off. People tend to come out of their homes and actually spend time with their neighbors. There is a lot more personal trust and less paranoia."

Wow. Good stuff, Rono! Whether it's true or not, it sure makes for a damn good read!

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2193356 - 12/20/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Probably a fraud...but it's interesting enough to toy with :smirk:

I guess we'll know for sure by 2008, eh? Probably have a pretty good idea by the end of next year...

For now, I'm not changing anything in my life over this.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2193391 - 12/20/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

me and my friends have been discussing the possibility of a second american civil war for the past few years.

are we time-travelling soldiers?

maybe.

If someone was a real time-traveler, then I think they would be intelligent enough to supply information that would quickly prove that their story is truthful, i.e. - exact happenings like who is going to win the next world cup, or something about saddam being captured.

-of course this titor bussiness is complete B.S., but it interests me because it presents a new form/medium for fiction - the internet/message board character.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Positronius]
    #2193492 - 12/20/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

me and my friends have been discussing the possibility of a second american civil war for the past few years.

What do you and your friends feel would be the cause of such a war? Haves vs. have-nots? I haven't really considered it myself, but then again many times one doesn't notice the underlying "fault line" until the earthquake hits.

I suspect this Titor business falls into the category of Whitley Streiberesque fiction posing as non-fiction. I never thought I would ever be reading a book about aliens, but there I was a few years ago reading 'Communion'. I don't normally read fiction (so maybe I'm starved for it), and can be pretty literal minded, so I guess I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. Not that I base my world view on it, just that I keep it in mind as an interesting possiblility. If the author is intelligent, imaginative, literate, and consistent in their story they can really pull you in when they present their story as real. And there's always that haunting possibility that they're telling the truth..

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Jellric]
    #2193504 - 12/20/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still reading about John Titor. Either he was from the future, or he was very creative and imaginative.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Frog]
    #2193515 - 12/20/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This was interesting:

"I also see time as a metaphysical compromise our senses use to define the area of collective existence God has placed us in.
When I can measure and sense time, I know I am not with God."

http://www.johntitor.com/

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Frog]
    #2193835 - 12/21/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
I'm still reading about John Titor. Either he was from the future, or he was very creative and imaginative.

Which is more likely? I think Tolkien was a lot more creative and imaginative than this guy, but I don't think that middle earth actually existed.

My guess is he was doing research for a book or something.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2195542 - 12/22/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The part that really bugs me about the JT thing is the reason he came back in time... for some dusty computer that can do some function that no machine in the future can do... they can travel through time, but they can't simulate some old IBM hardware?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2195641 - 12/22/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I read through all John Titor's posts, and I have come up with something that leads me to believe his story is false.

Titor says that the NWO tried to establish itself, and alludes to a civil war fought between people fighting for liberty and the NWO. But when describing money, one question was: "Would we be able to use money from this period validly in the future?" To this Titor replies: "Sure, I don't see why not." Well, most people know that the money of this era is created by the Federal Reserve Bank, is worthless paper, and also speculated to be created by forces of the NWO. So, if the NWO was beaten, and then a more libertarian-like government came to be, why in the hell would you still be able to use worthless NWO paper money from this time period, especially when it was created by the force that you claim tore apart the good fabrics of this country? Does not make sense to me.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2195926 - 12/22/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TrueBrode said:
Does not make sense to me.

Maybe he wasn't all that smart. hehe.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2197041 - 12/23/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe he wasn't all that smart. hehe.

Have you read any of his posts?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: Jellric]
    #2197234 - 12/23/03 05:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Have you read any of his posts?

I've read some of the stuff about him, but not like the actual posts.

I didn't mean that literally, I was just sort of acknowledging the fact that people can make mistakes and not know everything, and that people should remember this...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: John Titor - What do you think? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2197544 - 12/23/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

He will go down in history as someone people on IRC actually payed attention to for more than the time it took to type a new sentence. Otherwise it's bullshit. And stinky with it.

--------------------
...or something

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2197556 - 12/23/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm supposed to believe this why?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies