Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
haha they were talking about john titor
    #2979072 - 08/08/04 08:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so friday night im tripping really hard with a buddy, and we break out a small radio and turn to am to see if he can hear anything weird ...i was told u can pick up some crazy stuff on AM...anyway at about 4 am we turned on something and they were talking about some dude named john titor....so we listened to this whole thing, about how he was a time traveler, blah blah blah...supposedly he is famous with people on the net...so i looked him up and read www.johntitor.com , its gotta be BS...some people are so gullible, it was interesting to hear abou while tripping though

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: haha they were talking about john titor [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2979113 - 08/08/04 09:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

He has a good last name. I can imagine in my mind how Beavis would say it.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2979250 - 08/08/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i've read lots of stuff about john titor and whether he is a time traveller or not, I believe this person was warning us of bad things to come. here are some of his quotes. Keep in mind that these were made in 2000.

"Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause."

"The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII. "

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: haha they were talking about john titor [Re: chodamunky]
    #2979490 - 08/08/04 11:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

he's full of it..there's crap going bad in this country, but not bad enuff for a revolutioary war...not in a few months...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2979498 - 08/08/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Very full of it. I heard about him awhile back, I think it'd be pretty easy for any intelligent being to prophesis the things he said and fool the morons he fooled.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2979613 - 08/09/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That was coast to coast you were listening to..I heard a little bit of the Titor show, but not enough to really comment much about it. Overall though I love that program, awesome interviews (most the time), news that they would never even think of playing on CNN..I especially like how interactive they are with their listeners in that people can call in, or submit questions over the net to be asked to the guest..which can be very entertaining when you know the guest is full of shit.

If you didn't like that one show it might be worth checking out again sometime when they have a more reputable guest on. Tonights show will be steven greer from the disclosure project..not sure how this one will be but some people over at the the c2c forums seem to be expecting it to be good.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2979647 - 08/09/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This guy is a fraud. Otherwise he would know that short term time travel was developed much earlier than 2036. I myself am a time traveller. I began my journey into the future in 1964 on August 3. I have moved forward 40 years into the future. I often stop in my travels and have wonderful adventures along the way. My ultimate destination is to somewhere around 2045. Maybe in 2036 I will be able to travel back...but I doubt it.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2980264 - 08/09/04 03:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

there's crap going bad in this country, but not bad enuff for a revolutioary war...not in a few months...

That's not exactly the timeframe he gave. He said it would begin in 2004, but like many events in history people won't realize it's happening at the time as they live through it. If memory serves, he said by 2008 people will realize the world we were living in no longer exists. So we're talking about events that unfold over a period of years beginning in 2004.

I tend to think it's probably a hoax, but I have an open mind about it. With the divisions in the country right now, a civil war is not out of the realm of possibility. I would not have conceived such a thing remotely likely at the time he made his pre(post?)dictions.

One cool thing about it- unlike many predictions we will know relatively soon whether he was right or not. And that should shed more light on who was John Titor?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2980889 - 08/09/04 11:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

As far as hoaxes go, the John Titor thing was extremly well done... assuming that it was a hoax (I prefer to think that it probably was a hoax).

He stated that there are as many possible time lines as there are possibilities, and that there is no reason to think that our time line will match up to the time line from which he came. There is also no way for him to return to the exact time line that he left... he claimed that he would only be able to get to a close aproximation of his own time line.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: haha they were talking about john titor [Re: Seuss]
    #2982083 - 08/09/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

he said that our timeline is only 2% different than his, so everything that happened in his timeline is most likely gonna happen in ours. He specifically mentions that troubles will begin near election time this November, so that is relatively very close by. Let's wait till then until we go bashing. One cool thing is that in November 2000 somebody asked him a question China, and if they will soon send an austronaut in space, he predicted that this will indeed happen shortly. China put their first austronaut in space in 2003. He was also correct about the mad cow disease outbreak that was such a big deal in England and North America a couple years back. So far his track record is good, whether it's just coincidence or lucky predictions, I am curious to what happens in 2004 and 2005 with the beginnings of the civil war in America. What event could possibly cause a civil war though? Perhaps documents being released about 9/11 and how our government let it happen? Maybe it will be something like in the movie The Siege with Bruce WIllis, where terrorists attack a major city and Muslims are blamed and rounded up in camps...  :crazy2:  One last interesting thing about John Titor that gives his account an interesting spin; he had nothing to gain from his story. He said he would be gone in a couple months and that we'd never hear from him again,  he kept his identity/location private, he answered almost every single question that was asked of him, and then he was gone to be never heard from again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology