Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Gospel of John, The Film
    #2086845 - 11/09/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.gospelofjohnthefilm.com/

I am infatuated with the Gospel of John. I cant think of any other way to put it. I think of the power in the subtleties of this book, in the thought that John was the only human to ever hear Jesus' heartbeat.

I wonder what he heard.

In John, Jesus says, ..."if you love me.. feed my lambs".

Lambs...

The people standing on shaky legs, yearning to see the proof. The people that havent been blinded by the constant assault of insidious force on their senses.

John is the gospel of God's love. It talks about needing a relationship with God and how we dont need a preacher or a clergy man.. no pope, no archbishop. We just need to come to know Him.

In anycase, they have made a movie about it. I dont think they could have picked a better time. I have a friend that just finished writing a book about it. The message is powerful and healing. It's also so commonsense, as it bucks against the traditional constraints of coopted christianity.

I have not seen it yet, but it is advertised as a word for word translation from the Good News Bible. I think that anyone who has read the Bible and considered it real or fake would do good to watch this movie and see if our personal fear and judgement sometimes clouds the story that we see.

What if we percieved something with open emotions? Maybe our story would be the same as that on the screen, or maybe it would be totally different. It would be interesting to see how differently we all interpret words. Maybe our experiences and negativities keep us from seeing the truth in the words.

On a side note, I find it interesting that I just saw a commercial for the movie on a cable channel.. not a christian one. The price was a little steep and shipping seemed excessive at 7 bucks. So, being a person that doesnt like to part with money, I checked amazon. Not for sale there. I even thought Id check out Ebay. Weird thing was, they only had posters for the movie. I mean, usually you can find a copyright infringer on ebay, or some knock off copies.

My point is that I find it interesting that they dont have some affiliation with amazon if they are going to all the trouble and expense of running TV commercials on major cable stations.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Gospel of John, The Film [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2086920 - 11/09/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There is no evidence to support the claim that John the Gospel writer was the same as John the apostle. That said, it is one of the most eloquently written gospels in the Bible, and makes for great reading. What's interesting, though, is it practically reverses the order in which Jesus performed the miracles from the the other, previously written gospels.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Gospel of John, The Film [Re: silversoul7]
    #2087103 - 11/09/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There are many reports that he was, and even preserved parts of pages.

Do you want a video tape of him writing it? Or you are disputing the sanity of John (or I guess, NOT john, according to your theory)?

After doing EXTENSIVE, and I do mean extensive research into the Gospel of John I find it interesting that is what you get out of it. The Gospel does not reverse the order. I gives more importance to specific incidents that were not fully discussed in the other gospels. It is a different PERSPECTIVE seen through the different eyes of a person who had a very unique relationship with Jesus.

I'd suggest you give it another read.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2087187 - 11/09/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

In the other Gospels, Jesus throwing out the money-changers is late in the book, thus leading one to believe that that is the incident for which he was crucified. However, that incident occurs very early on in the Gospel of John.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2087220 - 11/09/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

In John, the signs are spoke of FIRST and then they elaborate on the story.

In the other books they just tell a story step by step with their recollection.

Sigh.

The Gospel of John is more then just a play by play. It is the crux. It is the relationship.

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (11/09/03 07:33 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2087468 - 11/09/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2088410 - 11/10/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You gave me a link from http://www.geocities.com/divinity_convener/
Why dont you go there and click on the eChurch link. Check out the redirection.

You have to be kidding me. This just goes back and forth saying.. due to the change in writing styles clearly noticed here. Sounds like paranoid schizophernia to me.

As for your other link. Personally, I actually read most of it and I think it's pretty weak. The elder John was John the Baptist. John the Baptist didnt live when this book was written. Only John the Apostle could have wrote of the things that he did and put man in relation with God through the Son. It's one of those nothing or all kind of things. I see theories and what ifs and what have yous and speculation. But Im not seeing much solid evidence, any more evidence then I can give you to prove that the Bible is correct, I suppose. I just dont fight the words like so many of you do.

I think of this passage from John 5:
31"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. 32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.
33"You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.
36"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You diligently study[3] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
41"I do not accept praise from men, 42but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God[4] ?
45"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder