Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFed911
fuck the poe

why do i fucking think like this?
    #2171106 - 12/10/03 09:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok...I get anti-social when im around my friends, or anyone for that matter. I dont know why, sometimes i dont even notice it till someone says something about it. I just get to thinking in my head, about life, are my friends really my friends, drugs, and i forget that i havent said anything in 20-30 minutes to anyone.

When i do notice it, i just dont feel like talking or have nothing to say.

What bothers me the most is that I dont know what to do. I think so much that I get depressed and think bad about myself, that people are judging me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Fed911]
    #2171119 - 12/10/03 09:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've got the same problem, except that i have no friends left to worry about. From what i know from reading and personal reflection, it's an anxiety disorder. Just getting worried...and not being able to stop.
No advice to give, sorry...i'm going to see a psychologist and find out what is going on in my head....just know you're not alone in this.
Good luck, n
Stay Frosty.
R.C.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Anonymous #1

Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2171126 - 12/10/03 10:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Drink a 6 pack and you'll be more talkative.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2171136 - 12/10/03 10:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey man. Did you feel that way when you came over before? You seemed quiet, but then again... lol. :wink: I enjoyed having you and acursed over man, maybe we should hang out more often. People say im real quiet and stuff like that, i get even more quiet when im high, i get paranoid and feel like im gonna have a heart attack. It helps me to stop thinking if i start doing something.

Try excersizing, just let go, try to find something that would interest you in a conversation if you really wanted to get into a conversation. Throw some questions out or just whateva man. U kno my aim. BTW im outta school for a month, so maybe we could meet up or somethin, peace out man  :thumbup:

--------------------
What?

OfflineFed911
fuck the poe

Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2171305 - 12/11/03 05:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think i did feel like that when i was over there. But then like i said sometimes i dont even notice it. So if i was real quiet and didnt say much then yeah.

Its hard, i try but i just DONT want to talk.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#2171396 - 12/11/03 08:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I had social anxiety really fuckin bad for a few years. I always thought everyone was judging me, and I felt too inferior to join into a conversation, like I would be exposed if I said the wrong thing.

If you keep going back to that place where you feel less than other people, then... well... you're going to be in that place.

I stopped being afraid of people and instead began initiating conversations and speaking clearly and directly to them. People are nothing to be intimidated by. It's just like any sort of irrational fear. Like if you're afraid of snakes, and you see a completely harmless small snake you get all freaked out... like just being around it - something bad's gonna happen to you. You just have to see through that fear and realize people can't get to you if you dont let them.

So yea, after I got over my fear of people, I figured out most people bore the hell out of me and aren't even worth talking to.

You feel weird for not talking so much, but maybe in reality you just don't care to speak. You shouldn't force yourself to be talkative. Wait until you feel the urge to talk come out naturally, and until then just fuck it and chill out.

Focus on things you want and dont let yourself be distracted by others.

You're at a dead-end. Time to back-track.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2172840 - 12/12/03 01:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, like grav said, if you dont want to talk dont force yourself to, the fact that you still carry to conversate with me tells me that you didnt hate me when you didnt talk at the party.  :wink:

--------------------
What?

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2172926 - 12/12/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I used to be like that, though not to as bad of a degree as you guys mentioned. It really is the only use for alcohol... hopefully, after seeing how much you can socialize with alcohol enough times, you won't even need it. That's what worked for me.

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: ergot]
    #2173788 - 12/13/03 12:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is easily coped with.

You aren't inferior to anyone else.

Just think, "What makes him better than me? And what can he do that I'm not fully capable of?" The answer is: nothing makes him better than you, and you are fully capable of doing anything anyone else can do.

If you don't feel like talking, then don't! Why force yourself to be someone you aren't?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2176670 - 12/14/03 01:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i think a good place to start would be to try realize that your are a cool person. you will not feel the way you do around other people if you have a better self image. while you may still be introverted, the thoughts keeping you quiet will be pleasant ones, and you may feel this is a good time to share them :smile:.

when you don't feel down, you will be able then to work on either becomming more social, or accepting that you don't have to be any more social than you chose to be. if your withdrawl from others bothers you and you are sure that it si a desire to interact with others, or a need to do so, then you can decide to do something about it, but i wouldn't go about trying to fix two seperate issues at once, especialy when one of the issues will make you feel bad about the other.

when it comes to hanging out with people, it can be tricky. i always used to have the same problem. i then realized that it was partly [only partly] due to the fact that a lot of the people i surrounded myself with where not the kind of people i would have chosen to interact with, they where just the people who happened to be around. i was better able to enjoy myself when i was around those who i truely considered friends, the ones i could count on to care. these friends actualy did a lot to help me break out, because they cared, and that was sort of the difining line betweenthose around me. though not the best determining factor, it was the best place i could see to start at the time.

i don't know if i was able to offer any insight, but at the least, i maybe shared my experience in a similar problem. you are not alone, and these problems are not permanant. ther are endles solutions to them, and they will varry from one person to the next [there is surely no cut and dry solution that fist everyone], but a look at somebody elses problems can help to give an objective view of similar issues you might be facing.

your fellow shroomerite,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineBurning_Skies
Midnight toker
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Grav]
    #5315211 - 02/19/06 02:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
most people bore the hell out of me and aren't even worth talking to.
maybe in reality you just don't care to speak.

i hear ya. i don't talk much myself, and everybody's always asking me what's wrong and trying to tell me it's all right, but they just don't get it. Annoys the hell outta me. if you don't talk to people much, and then beat yourself up about it, I don't think that the problem is in the "anti-social" tendencies inplied in not being a chatterbox, I think that the poblem is that you either (a) don't think that you have any thing to say, (b) don't think they have anything to say, or (c) are afraid of having to eat your foot. in any case, chill. so you don't talk much, and other people do. whatever. when you are comfortable with yourself, you don't have to worry about your appearance. then when you feel the urge to say something, pausew for a split second and find out why. if its for appearance sake, don't. otherwise, just do what you want and let the talking thing work itself out. trust me, if you need to communicate in a certain situation, you will. when you aren't talking, just know that doing so would be extreneous and stop feeling selfconcious about not acting like everyone around you. as for being more quiet when stoned, that's just a personal reaction to the experience and nothing to worry about.

when I'm feeling down, I listen to the second disk of The Wall and remember that it could be worse. it also seems to serve as an opportunity to let that critical side of me roam free, and be exhausted by the end of "outside the wall". That track, for some inexplicable reason, always leaves me insanely happy.
+^v^+v^v+^v^+v^v+^v^+v^v+^v^+v^v+^v^+v^v+^v^+v^v+
"Crazy, over the rainbow, I am crazy,
Bars in the window....
You little shit you're in it now, I hope they throw away the key.....
Crazy, toys in the attic, I am crazy."

--------------------

In the teachings of Zen, the beginner's mind is the most restful, the most aware. As we age, we lose that mind, the mind of the child. David Blaine once said "A little baby doesn't need magic, for it already lives in a world of astonishment, wonder, and discovery. For one fleeting moment, that is what magic does for the rest of us." Well, that is what psychedelics do for me, but over a longer period of time. So before you go regulating what I take into my body, keep that in mind.
I will break the laws of the ignorant bigots who seek to stop me from experiencing a higher conciousness.

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #5315368 - 02/19/06 02:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Man I really don't like your fucking name or your avatar.

Maybe you have issues with yourself because you are a cop and you hate your lying ass, fake ass, undercover truth hater, pork eating, people captive. :flipthebird: :emo: :minigun: :rockets: :sniper: :guns:

--------------------
Asshole

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5315487 - 02/19/06 04:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yikes, it happened again!  2 year old thread resurrected.  Awesome! :smirk:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5316688 - 02/19/06 04:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

marijuana makes me quiet

beer makes me talk like hell

the combo makes me one of the 2 with possible projectile vomit

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinesilver22
Stranger
    #5379820 - 03/09/06 01:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's awful to say but no matter where you are and what you do--people are going to judge you regardless.  People are social creatures and there a lot of people in your crowd who share your dilemma.  I have to be connected to someone in any crowd I'm in to feel comforable and let 'somewhat' loose enough to break the ice.  Humor is a great ice-breaker.
:heart:

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: why do i fucking think like this? [Re: silver22]
    #5379941 - 03/09/06 02:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I find that just focusing and being aware is the best way to go. Sometimes you will try to focus and shit will just keep popping in your head left, right, front, and center. That's how you know.. you need to say something. Just feel something. Feel yourself. Feel everything around you. See for real, don't just look. Hear. Smell. Just be. Then you can do whatever the hell you want.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being