Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies?
    #2162787 - 12/05/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Anyone read anything about how exactly the global shift is supposed to take place on that final day?

From what I've seen, there's supposed to be a split between those staying in the third dimension and those moving on to another level of consciousness. How the hell does that work? Is it supposed to be like the biblical Judgment Day where some people ascend off this mortal plane while the Earth meets its fiery destruction?

Just curious what everyone's heard or thinks here. Links would be cool too if anyone wants to post 'em.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: Renegade8]
    #2162853 - 12/05/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Here is a theory I just thought of:

As Dec 21, 2012 draws nearer, more and more people will be discovering 'realizations' about themselves, nature, and what it is to live. A sort of connect-the-dots enlightement, a personal revolution if you will. This is happening right now, some people are already well on their way, while the general populace is still caught up in the daily grind, in hate, in greed and envy, and all the conflicts that make up their lives. I'm guessing what happens in 2012, is that by that time almost all humans in the world will reach a level of understanding, when all culture, traditions, goverments, religion and morals, will be understood for what they really are --> our own prisons.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: chodamunky]
    #2162863 - 12/05/03 10:58 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

My understanding is that attainment of knowledge is speeding up. People are learning at a faster rate. Not everyone will become aware. Those of us who become aware are supposed to help along those who are still stuck. We have to develop faith and an understanding of what is going on besides the obvious,such as my Universe and signs and belief in God and belief that the changes we are going to endure, while seeming to be horrendous, will be for the better.

I don't know that the world will "end" in 2012, but that is supposed to mark the beginning of huge change. We have to develop an understanding of things now, so that we will be strong enough to make it through this change.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #2162888 - 12/05/03 11:23 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

After the final day of 2012, a bunch of ding bats who assigned importance to an arbitrary date will look for some other tin foil hat idea to glom on to.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: Autonomous]
    #2162940 - 12/05/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Dec 21, 2012.
The day the 'machines' take over. . .

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2162949 - 12/05/03 11:51 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

If it was a true prophecy and not some vague something that might happen, then you would already know the answer.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineblowback
Nothing to lose,nothing to gein.
 User Gallery

Loc: Houston Tx.
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: Swami]
    #2163003 - 12/06/03 12:14 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

I'm looking forward to watching that commet burn through the sky.

--------------------
"Daddy, what's the difference between ignorance and apathy?"

"Son, I don't know, and I don't care"

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2163170 - 12/06/03 01:31 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Or maybe, like the Y2K  "doomsday" predictions, nothing at all will happen!  Whoa! Imagine that!!!  :oogle:

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2163178 - 12/06/03 01:39 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Dammit, only the skeptics home tonight or what?  I know there's plenty of believers on this forum - c'mon guys, don't make my lazy stoned ass do my own research.  :stoned:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2163187 - 12/06/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2163211 - 12/06/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

From
http://www.csicop.org/si/9901/apocalypse.html

Other religious traditions have prophetic-apocalyptic themes: Buddhism awaits Lord Matrieya, Islam the Madhi; Orthodox Judaism the Messiah; and Native American Indians wish to return to nature as it was before the European invasion. For those who use the Mayan calendar, the world will end in 2012.

It is clear that a state of belief may help create a self-fulfilling or suicidal prophecy. A widely held belief can have profound political and social ramifications, especially if it is held by people in positions of power. Apocalyptic thinking may mean that those who are under its sway will do little or nothing to prevent overwhelming disaster, fatalistically awaiting what is inevitable; or they may so act as to allow it to come true, believing that they are fulfilling divine prophecy. The problem with faith in prophecy is that it can take control of the future out of the hands of those best able to shape it. We are supposedly impotent and helpless creatures awaiting our fate, unable or unwilling to exert any influence to rectify or modify the course of events. The fixation on apocalypse grows out of fear of the unknown, and it is fed by hope for redemption. Often when the prophecy is falsified, the convictions of the believing group are intensified and the prophecies extrapolated.4

In democratic societies we need an informed public capable of wise decisions and without fantasy. We know of the dangers that distorted, apocalyptic, survivalist, conspiratorial, or pseudoscientific ideologies have had on societies.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: What happens on the final day of the 2012 prophecies? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2163703 - 12/06/03 09:57 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

From 2013.com... not very convincing though...

Quote:

Can you really time travel and/or shift dimensions?

No. We're faking it. Thanks for asking :-)

We have memory of future events. In our immediate future, we learn to physically time travel and dimensionaly merge/shift. Not just we at 2.0.1.3., but clearly MANY OTHER PEOPLE on earth will learn to do this. It is because we have learned to time travel and dimensionally shift in our future that we can already remember doing it...

As a side note... all those UFO's you're witnessing? Yep, they're time travellers.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
"when the waters were changed" [Re: Renegade8]
    #2163787 - 12/06/03 11:16 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

once upon a time, the messenger khidir came to warn mankind that on a day very soon, all the waters of the earth would dry up.
and the new waters which would come in their place would drive all who drank of it mad.
on that day, all the rivers, all the lakes, all the wells were dry.
and the new water did drive mad all who drank of it.
now there was one man who listened to the words of khidir, and stored many vessels of water from the "before" time in his cave up in the hills.
and from time to time he visited the cities and villages wherein all the inhabitants had consumed the changed water, and everyone was indeed acting in inexplicable fashion.
and they could not understand the hermit who still drank of the unchanged water fron his mountain retreat, and drove him from their midst as one was considered mad.
and the man in his cave was very lonely for the company of other humans, and walked from his cave and the old water still stored there, and entered into the nearby village & drank from their well.
and he became mad as all other people had been since their drinking of the new water; and the people regarded him as one who had been miraculously restored to sanity.
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology