Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
We could change our lives today!
    #1495798 - 04/26/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If we all changed our lives, we will have changed the world.
That's where it starts.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHBS
Male

Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1495801 - 04/26/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The brings the question of, do you WANT change, and would the change be a positive or negative effort?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: HB]
    #1495818 - 04/26/03 02:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I want change. not just change for the sake of change. But a REAL change in the way people think and live their lives across the world.

I want an end to war.
I know some people will say "it'll never happen"
well, as long as there are people who think that, then I guess it won't.

That's why I say, true change starts from within. So many young people, wanting to change the world... they're into activism, they're out there protesting, handing out flyers, preaching on the streets... wanting to change the world by changing other people...

OfflineHBS
Male

#1495830 - 04/26/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Remember that by wanting to change others, you are assuming a position of power and authority, essentially telling the world that you are right and that something needs to change now. As much as you may believe it is 'right', remember that everybody deserves to live their own reality the way they would like, so long as it doesn't affect anybody else negatively.

If some people would rather live in an 'ignorance' that keeps them happy, why should they not live life that way?

Just like there is no universal favorite color, there is no universal way to live life.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1495833 - 04/26/03 02:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is very true. and i have mentioned it before. but no one said anything. *sigh*. yes, and very slowly, the more you see your potential, and the more you see how you effect the world, the more change i think you will be able to make. WE CAN DO THIS. and this all depends on what ^^^^ said. whether people want to change the world. i think the first step is convincing people that THIS world isnt so peachy. and that simple acceptance of the norm is laziness in the status quo, and that thus is the support of this Crappy world we have going!

change your life toDAY, CARPE DIEM!

--------------------
What?

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1495836 - 04/26/03 02:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

again, however, this pursuit is for selfish reasons. you want the 'crappy world' bettered, therefore you are using others to support your needs the way the government is using the army to support their needs.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1495880 - 04/26/03 02:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

so if someone wants to live in their own "reality" and that "reality" is destructive to others, than wouldnt you say that is a contradiction to the "the right of everyone to live in their own reality"... okay so in some respects you agree.

but where do you draw the line? you support a better world, but does the goverment today? do people really take into consideration that they shouldnt lie? that they shouldnt mis treat and cheat others? no, they dont. and many people would say that that doesnt directly effect them or others negatively. but in the end, by their relinquishment of responsibility some scenario results in some tragedy. and if ignorance in this case results to the negative threat to another persons life (which in many cases it DOES), then wouldnt that be a contradiction to the let other people live how they want?

are you saying that people shouldnt be held accountable for their actions?

i think its as simple as this.

you remain ignorant and uneducated you get dumb and dumber. and by relinquishment of responsibility. you let oppertunists, Predators, take over and assume in most cases power and control.

and eventually you will die, cause you gave up the will to live on your own in favor of blissful ignorance.

only the smartest survive...

but all this goes back to what you want........

it might have made some jews happy to believe that they really were being re located. that they really would enjoy the same way of life. and you know many of them kept that belief. and whose to say they couldnt. not me, not anyone but them. but then it comes down to the truth, to reality. if they wouldnt have stayed in ignorant bliss, and would have stood up or got out. they maybe wouldnt have DIED, they maybe wouldnt have been masacred.

youll never have anything if you dont try.

but all this goes back to what you want........ and whether you care about others and the planet. or just about yourself.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1495883 - 04/26/03 02:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

im kind of making a "short film" about this now :wink:.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1495887 - 04/26/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

again, however, this pursuit is for selfish reasons. you want the 'crappy world' bettered, therefore you are using others to support your needs

not at all, I don't want to change anybody, nobody should be forced to change. I haven't suggested any specific changes. I'm merely stating that the best way to change the world (if, you are so inclined) is to change yourself.

If you want peace in the world, you can go to a peace protest and renounce war and shout and spit venom at the cops and get arrested, with all the anger and yelling, do you feel more peaceful? have you accomplished your objectives?

Or.... you could sit home, meditate, find inner peace, and truly become a human being at peace. If you could do this, you will have made the world a more peaceful place, because you have changed the one part of the world that you can truly change.

I'm not saying activism is worthless, but when have you ever been swayed by political activists? sometimes the message gets lost in the medium.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1495891 - 04/26/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1495910 - 04/26/03 02:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

none the less. changing yourself will change the world. i dont really care if people believe in what i have to say or not. i think i have some valid points about how people live their lives. and ive seen some bad shit happen because people are ignorant or only care about themselves. i care about other people, and i want to find a way that would enable the world to help everyone. to help eachother out for everyones advancement. our world isnt like that. they have divided lines and territory. people who only care of personal gain. there are two different systems at work here. a world that supports personal gain, and a world that has yet to exist that allows global gain.

if i wanted the "crappy world that allows only selfish people to gain" to change into the "nice world that allows unselfish people to gain for themselves and others" wouldnt that say that im NOT doing it for selfish reasons.

i can see the ego thing coming up but you know i dont really care. there is a real world here, and their are distinct lines, of which i think i mentioned above. if you can come up with an argument to refute that i would be happy to hear it.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1495912 - 04/26/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i would say i agree with you again and all points.

--------------------
What?

OfflineHBS
Male

#1495932 - 04/26/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think you and InfidelGod have excellent points on all counts

I don't debate your motives at all as I completely agree with them, how could peace EVER be a bad thing? Obviously, I am all for it, there is no realistic 'reason' for war except to push beliefs onto others and become the dominant country

The only problem lies in that other people may not agree that the world cannot exist without death/war/etc. And many people I have talked to DO NOT agree with the world can exist without war, that war IS a good thing.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1495946 - 04/26/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That refreshing to know HB. I read your post about the problem of people and spirituality. and i see you must agree! and ive come to the same conculsions. but i know that i have to sepearte myself in some regard and do what i can to counter that world and make a difference.

i see that if im lazy, i will only contribute to the world i hate, and i will have already been defeated. but if i can rise above and mend some new ideas, i will at least make some way to change the world. and i think if one day, if enough of us get started and change enough people, we may see a better world.

everything is in limbo right now. just doin what i can :smile:.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1495947 - 04/26/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

To change reality, begins with a thought. That is the root.

Thought creates reality.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1496030 - 04/26/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

my life is awesome. I aint changin' shit.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1496184 - 04/26/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

do people really take into consideration that they shouldnt lie? that they shouldnt mis treat and cheat others? no, they dont. and many people would say that that doesnt directly effect them or others negatively............are you saying that people shouldnt be held accountable for their actions?

-----------------

I support the first part of that statement... I'm not saying though, that everyone does that... there are people out there who really treat those around them as they'd like to be treated... [ please don't misunderstand this for religious preaching ]..... Those who mistreat and cheat, those are the ones who think they can get away with it.

While growing up, I have always heard people say the following: "What goes around, comes around."

I kind of like that. It seems to satisfy my instinct. I'll even support it with two references.... The first... *sigh*.... I'm going to take a few steps into the open where I'll be in plain view of the snippers.... hopefully, they don't shoot...

Firstly, I'll somewhat paraphrase something Christ said.... ( ya that's right.. Jesus )... cause whether you want to believe or not... The philosophy behind some of the things written- and I'm not just talking of the HOLY BIBLE.... The HOLY QUR'AN.... KITAB-I-IQAN - AKA- The Book of Certitude, to name a few- They hold water very nicely. Anyways...

Christ said something like this... " Do unto others, as you would want to have done unto YOU. " ...That was my "religious" reference...

Second, I have a scientific one as well; and when thinking of this , please employ the concept behind the rule when contemplating of the many things you don't see... because, although you do see the results of this happen, you don't see the "behind the scenes action"... So here it is: Newton's 3rd Law... Every action has an equal reaction... [where the reaction is at least equal... but in some cases, even magnified].

So... using that very analogy, if you want to simply walk up to someone, and kick them... I suppose, if you wouldn't mind a return kick... then it would be reasonable to do so... Whose to say... maybe you like kicks... There are people out there who enjoy a little pain... That would satisfy the rule that everyone has their own preferences.... The KEY here is: You put yourself in their shoes FIRST... and when you do it, you pretend that you are doing it to YOURSELF...

Because I have also grown up with another saying... "REVENGE is a dish best served COLD!"

---------------

To change reality, begins with a thought. That is the root.

Thought creates reality.

----------------

You are absolutely correct on that, Shroomism. Just like fire can begin from a spark... But then you have to keep it going... [ No Wind, No Waves... how true].... But also... No Air... No Fire!

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1496255 - 04/26/03 06:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

my life is awesome. I aint changin' shit.

It's good to hear someone in this world is content with their lives.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: We could change our lives today! [Re: Murex]
    #1496745 - 04/26/03 10:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds more like denial to me, though who knows, I may be wrong ... I know way too many people who walk around with a giant fake grin on their face (more than often, literally AND figuratively), refusing to accept that anything could be wrong

But hey, to each his own ... it's all about red pill vs. blue pill ...

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1496776 - 04/26/03 10:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Sounds more like denial to me, though who knows, I may be wrong ... I know way too many people who walk around with a giant fake grin on their face (more than often, literally AND figuratively), refusing to accept that anything could be wrong

But hey, to each his own ... it's all about red pill vs. blue pill ... "

that is quite possibly, the silliest thing I have ever heard. If you think that it isnt possibly for a human to be content with the way they live their lives, and the world they live in....then my friend....I think you need to do some travelling.

and no...its not all about red pill VS blue pill, that is a simplistic statement from a hollywood movie.

-its easy to be content- live positive and love life! bam! wow....!

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology